Best smaller or compact e-cigarette (combination system) for public and non-public use

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Okay, understand.

I guess I meant that you are out and about, you are not gonna charge unless you have car charger, etc.

With separate batts you can just pop in fresh ones. ;)

Very true! And the charger I bought recently, the eFest Luc v2, even has a doohickey to let it be plugged-in in a car, though I don't yet have a USB-to-car adapter, for my vv3s -- one reason I got multiple vv3s! :D

Actually my husband has a car charger adapter that has a regular USB port, so what I really need is a male-USB to female micro-USB connector. The only male-USB I have is for a 510 ego charger. :facepalm:

Andria

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
I have to side with the eleaf istick recommendations. You can buy 5 for the cost of a Provari. Zero battery/charger management, pocketable, easy menu system and the 2200mah battery will get you through at least one day. Yes, it's a throwaway but you should get 300 cycles out of it... and then some.

I used to recommend the iTaste VV3 but the 800mah battery requires another charge throughout the day. The MVP2 is also a winner but it's too bulky and big now. The iStick topped with an Aspire nautilus mini is now my recommendation to any new vaper, especially those coming from an ego or a cigalike.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
And I've been hearing that the iStick vapes hot, like it's perpetually in Mean mode, instead of RMS. A newish vaper, who tend to vape at the low end of wattage, wouldn't really know how to deal with that.

Andria, if you use RBA's just wind your coils to a higher resistance. I run a Kayfun on top of the iiStick at 2.5 ohms or thereabouts. IIf you don't rebuild, you'll just have to make sure you can find coils 2.0+ ohms. I vape the the Nautilus Mini using their 1.8's because that's the highest Aspire provides in the BVC variety. Yes, it's a bit too hot for me but iif II open the air flow wide open and it this makes it manageable.

The iStick certainly doesn't vape lke the MVP or VV3 at the low end and I also think it uses averaging. But us low wattage vapers are in the minority and this doesn't affect most.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I wanted something small for work and I got the vaporshark DNA. Battery life does not cut it for me, but then again my vape is a pacifier. I am never without it. It is really a nice size. I am sure the ileaf is a good option as well. I also ha e a provari which is small as well if you get the mini but then there are batteries you have to carry. The pictures make things look bigger than they really are. I was surprised at how small most of this stuff really was once I got it in hand.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Andria, if you use RBA's just wind your coils to a higher resistance. I run a Kayfun on top of the iiStick at 2.5 ohms or thereabouts. IIf you don't rebuild, you'll just have to make sure you can find coils 2.0+ ohms. I vape the the Nautilus Mini using their 1.8's because that's the highest Aspire provides in the BVC variety. Yes, it's a bit too hot for me but iif II open the air flow wide open and it this makes it manageable.

The iStick certainly doesn't vape lke the MVP or VV3 at the low end and I also think it uses averaging. But us low wattage vapers are in the minority and this doesn't affect most.

Well I do use rebuildables, usually a Kayfun, for which I use coils usually right around 2ohms, or I use high-ohm cartos, but I probably won't get an iStick, for just this reason; I vape at pretty low wattage, usually about 7-8 watts lately, though I go up to 10-11 watts on my Vamo, for the UDCT, just because the Vamo seems fairly underpowered compared to my vv3s or Sigelei.

But anyway, didn't the OP say "no box mods"? Thought I recalled that from the 1st post. And i believe the OP is a fairly newish vaper, who may not be up to rebuilding coils at all, hence my earlier comment that a newish vaper might not know how to handle a mod that vapes so hot.

Andria

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Reliability seems to be one of the most important factors in this situation. I wouldn't leave the house, let alone the country, with a budget mod...

This is pretty important point. And I'm sure the OP doesn't want to travel with a box o PCs.

So yeah, I"d go dependable

OP says travelling to 3rd world countries......I doubt there are many vape shops in those areas. :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The iTaste *CAN* be used while charging -- it's one of its best features.

Andria

Understand, but that is not the same as having single batteries.....

I use wall adapters, I don't want to be "chained" to a spot when vaping....and when I'm out during errands, and the battery goes dead, being able to charge while vaping doesn't really help, unless you want to sit in the car with the motor running and use a USB car charger.

for people who sit at desk most of the day, I guess it would be okay

ilmostro99

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Feltwell, Engalnd
I'm going to have to agree with AndriaD on this one. Small, sleek...I'd go for the VV v3 with a Kanger Mini Protank 2 on it. Battery life isn't the best, but it is pass-through. I'd get 2 if your budget allows for it. The mini Protank 2 provides a great vape...especially if you rebuild your coils and use cotton wick. The great thing about the mini Protank 2 is that you have options. It isn't a rebuildable tank, per se...the coils are replaceable, but the coils are easily rebuildable if you decide to go down that road at a later date.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
It's a pretty tough decision if you want the good vape with small form factor. There are some good opinions here despite that. If you still want power, the vapor shark rDNA is a really small box mod. It's expensive but awesome. If you want something small you could just try the kr808 batteries and their corresponding carto. Get a few batteries and the pack of cartos. A similar kit is the migcig I keep hearing about. Supposed to be great for the size.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
The OP is probably in Africa by this time... :)

I just reread the thread and I keep my suggestions for a great and tiny vape setup:

Unregulated:

1. ErlprinZ + nano kit + MM Nanos = 52mm+53mm = 107mm Tip included... you can't go smaller than this in tube form (18350)
2. microstick with a KF mini V2.1 = 49mm+49mm = 98mm Tip included... you can go smaller if you choose a shorter atty (the KF mini is very long)

Both setups use 18350 batts which you can get in 700mAh (AW, Efest) or 850mAh (Torchy). You can swap a battery in seconds and if you carry 4 with you, you can vape for 24h non-stop. The batt box is 75mm x 40mm x 20mm which you can hide in any woman purse or even in your back pocket without problems

Regards
Tony

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread