Best Tank for ProVari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
I just saw a thread, about a new pro-tank, called pro-tank 2, where the tank comes apart, uses a seperate drip tip, looked cool, I would still break them though.

In some regards the Protank 2 is already out...the Puritank from Ikenvape is very similar. Don't know how, but I haven't broken a Protank yet...I'm clumsy as all get up, and I used to be a waiter.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have been lucky, dropped 2 twice on concrete, and didn't break, that's why I wanted the tatroe tanks. I will still use the pro tanks, just not at work. I am still not sure, what I think of the tatroe tanks. One of them kept giving me a burnt taste today, but I had an old coil in it, the other worked great. Only thing is on my provari 2.5 with the tatroe tank, the thing is 7" long, kind of hard to carry in my pocket, If I don't come up with some kind of a holster, I will have to resort to carrying a ego battery again.

In some regards the Protank 2 is already out...the Puritank from Ikenvape is very similar. Don't know how, but I haven't broken a Protank yet...I'm clumsy as all get up, and I used to be a waiter.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
I have been lucky, dropped 2 twice on concrete, and didn't break, that's why I wanted the tatroe tanks. I will still use the pro tanks, just not at work. I am still not sure, what I think of the tatroe tanks. One of them kept giving me a burnt taste today, but I had an old coil in it, the other worked great. Only thing is on my provari 2.5 with the tatroe tank, the thing is 7" long, kind of hard to carry in my pocket, If I don't come up with some kind of a holster, I will have to resort to carrying a ego battery again.

One of my Tatroes was giving me the occasional set of burnt hits the last couple of days. Weird. I did open it up to find the black hole of burnt juice on my wicks and coils though...changed the head and got the burnt again the next day. Turned down the power, and it went away. I wonder if the all SS design is making things a bit hotter...curious.

Luther

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Winston-Salem, N.C.
I think you are right about the Tatroe being a touch hotter. I found my sweet spot with the Tatroe is about .3 or .4 less than the standard Protank. My usual all day juice I vape at 4.3 with the Protank and with the Tatroe I now vape it at 3.9

One of my Tatroes was giving me the occasional set of burnt hits the last couple of days. Weird. I did open it up to find the black hole of burnt juice on my wicks and coils though...changed the head and got the burnt again the next day. Turned down the power, and it went away. I wonder if the all SS design is making things a bit hotter...curious.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Got the Tatroe today. Solid build quality. Much less airy draw. Instead of 2 full channels for air with the Protank, it only has 1 that runs only halfway across the base. Here it is on my mini. View attachment 229569 . View attachment 229570

How do you like the flavor and performance of this tank. Will be ordering one next week. A must have...

George Saad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Kettering, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Pro V1..............
IMG_1145_F.jpg

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I am kind of unsure of what I think of it now, it works just like the pro-tank, less airy draw, if you turn it up too much, it will burn your juice. One thing I noticed last night it was giving my juice a metalic taste, I don't know the cause, it was fine at first. I would just change the coil, but I am out of them. I will pick up some new coils next week, and try again. They certainly serve the purpose I needed them for, which is for work, I am not as worried about dropping these, as I was the pro-tanks.

How do you like the flavor and performance of this tank. Will be ordering one next week. A must have...

Last edited:

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
I am kind of unsure of what I think of it now, it works just like the pro-tank, less airy draw, if you turn it up too much, it will burn your juice. One think I noticed last night it was giving my juice a metalic taste, I don't know the cause, it was fine at first. I would just change the coil, but I am out of them. I will pick up some new coils next week, and try again. They certainly serve the purpose I needed them for, which is for work, I am not as worried about dropping these, as I was the pro-tanks.

Thank you I want a tank, don't really want to deal with cartos. I have the newer protank but meh.
I may pull the trigger cause it looks good. But I have a t3s clearomizers that hits just righ so will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread