The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Big deal about Provari's

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by AbominableVap3Man, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AbominableVap3Man

AbominableVap3Man Full Member Verified Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Tennessee
    The Provari has a lot of nice features. On and off button that is hard to accidentally activate. 3.5 Amp Limit. Built in Ohm meter. But the price tag is very high. I found a mod that is almost like the mid range VV except has a 4 amp limit. Thats a difference with 6 volts of 6 watts. Which is a very nice range from 3-24. Is the provari that amazing? Or is it the In thing right now?

2. ninjuh

ninjuh Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2012
    Northwest Idaho
    Provari is like the holographic charizard we all saught after as kids.. Jokes aside,

It's USA made, quality is A+ for sure, features are nice, pretty much a high quality all-in-one device.. worth the price tag? Probably not, but there's always people out there who will dish out the money for what's perceived as being "the best".

3. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Provari isn't amazing just because of the VV or ohm check or single button or all that jazz. What it has being built extremely well from quality parts. I haven't had the pleasure of using every device out there, or even that many at all, but compared to my LT the build quality is incomparable.

ed* I was looking at getting a new PV and decided on the provari. I'd already spent over the cost of one on several other PVs that I was unsatisfied with for various reasons, so I bit the bullet and paid the higher price based on reviews, talking with folks, and having the chance to actually hold/use one at a meet.

4. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    If your ProVari breaks, you can get it fixed. If your Chinese piece of crap breaks, you throw it away and buy a new one (I have a Chinese piece of crap by the way). If your Chinese piece of crap breaks more than 3 or 4 times, you could have bought a ProVari.

5. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
    In my experience it is worth the investment. ProVape stands behind their product, offers repair outside of warranty and transferrable warranty. The safety features are top notch (if not a bit heavy handed) and the product is high quality workmanship and materials. There are some things that really are worth the extra $$. I think that they are one of them. JMHO though, others may disagree.

6. J-Nessa

J-Nessa Full Member

Oct 16, 2012
    South Florida
    provari customer service is really great too..

7. aziffel

aziffel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    nc
    The provari is the best investment in vaping,for the price of 4 cartons of cigs,you have a quality device that will outlast a chinese knockoff
    And it only uses 1 battery to get VV,some chinese stuff only uses i battery,but are not as accurate as the provari or as well made
    Economy is not always the cheapest thing you can get if you have to buy mutiples

8. RedhatPat

RedhatPat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    Lancaster, Pa
    The safety features are what sold me

9. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    this topic surfaces again... ")

10. gatag

gatag Moved On

Aug 27, 2012
    Just got mine today it really is amazing. I bought the mini though and the 18350 battery only lasted for about 2 hours is this right? (it was fully charged)

11. Ginsu

Ginsu Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    USA made and all the good reviews iv'e seen, Its just SOLID !!! Just my $.02

12. SissySpike

SissySpike Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    all of the above and Your mid priced mod has a bottom priced chip set and medeoker materials Im willing to bet Provape makes less after materials and labor than MR Choy makes off of the one you have. Theres also the fact that you can say I buy American Im proud to be an American so I try to buy American products. We all need jobs So we gotta Keep the money home. Our Politicians sure aren't going to help us so we gotta do it our selves!

13. eagarcia123

eagarcia123 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    los angeles ca
    from my experience, most vv devices are pretty much the same when you fire.... I know ecf will flame me for saying that but thats what I feel. what sets the provari apart from other vv is the built. it's sturdy to the point where I can toss my provari across the street and then pick it up and vape. this thing will never break on you and if it does, the warranty is excellent as well

14. Nuuze

Nuuze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2012
    Norcal
    If you are a person that apreciates quality you'll know when you hold the Provari in your hand. Seriously, the craftsmanship is like holding a Snap-on tool versus a Crafsman. Built on ohms reading and adjustable voltage is very helpful especially if you are a new to vaping like myself. Plus you can adjust how you like to vape according to the different juices. Once set to your liking every press of the button will be the same, if no very close. I never ran my batt until dead, only until I notice the low batt flash.

I also ran the Provari and a Vtube/clone against each other @ 4.4v with a Vivi Nova 2.5 with 2.8 head and DiD/clone with 1.3 coil. Even if the volts may be off on the Vtube/clone it doesn't compare to the power of the Provari for some reason. Even if I bump up the volts of the Vtube/clone. Just not the same in my opinion. Flavor is different and vape cloud is less.

I haven't had to experience any support from Provape but the Provari is also repairable if ever needed.

Hope this helps. :)

15. in4mati0n11

in4mati0n11 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    Tampa
    I have provari envy...... :facepalm:

16. Theken

Theken Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Two types of vapers out there, people who own a provari and understand and those who soon will. I own a lot of mods and continue to buy 2-5 per month. My Provari is still the best one I have and I don't care about their service because it hasn't had a single problem.

Provari is the best VV mod on the market.

17. sageoconnell

sageoconnell Full Member Verified Member

This post just sold me on it. My son cried for hours when his younger cousin bent his holographic charizard card.

18. bubbadreier

bubbadreier Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    oklahoma
    I have said this before but I will say it again.... The provari is ugly!!!! But I still want one :)

I have used my friends for a few days and it is an amazing device! I just really hate the groves and the silver end caps.

19. gatag

gatag Moved On

Aug 27, 2012
    I am holding my provari right now (it came today) and it really is everything people say it is. You just wont believe until you have it in your hands, just beautiful extremely well built device.

When i first held it in my hands it just made me smile, i thought to myself "noooow i see".

20. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    It's difficult to imagine how an e-cigarette can cost twice as much as others in it's so-called class and be so popular. You read the comments of Provari owners who paid their hard-earned money to own one, nary a disappointed owner can be found. There are literally scores of Provari threads on ECF, most of them beginning by asking something along the line of, "Is the Provari worth the money." And every thread gets the same responses from owners. It isn't the universally accepted standard for quality and consistancy for nothing. It truly is in a class of it's own.

As many owners admit, they had spent hundreds of dollars on mid-level Provari knockoff before finally buy the Provari, regretting not buying one to begin with. As the great PBusardo is quoted, " I have seen one, I have held one. I have vaped one, and I have owned one. And now, I GET IT."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.