Big deal about Provari's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doogmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Lake Tahoe
I have said this before but I will say it again.... The provari is ugly!!!! But I still want one :)

I have used my friends for a few days and it is an amazing device! I just really hate the groves and the silver end caps.

If you get a black one (or I think any of the colored ones) you can get an extender cap the same color. I like the black and silver....Raiders colors :p

I went ahead and bought one because I knew I was either going to keep buying mods, eventually going to a Provari, or save some cash, bite the bullet and buy it now. It was well worth the investment. Once you hold it you know it's quality. Plus I've never really seen a bad post about it, except maybe the cost, but you'll pay it off soon enough with the money you save from not buying cigs. I also hear they have a good resell value if you don't want to keep it.

Anyone who is going to keep vaping, and looking to upgrade I would recommend it in a second.

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
As the great PBusardo is quoted, " I have seen one, I have held one. I have vaped one, and I have owned one. And now, I GET IT."

As well as "what you set is what you get". It puts out extremely consistent clean power at the exact voltage you select. Setting up on 4.2v gets you 4.2 and not 4.2ish.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I will use my cheapo twists until the provari uses wattage control instead of voltage.

Sorry to hear that. I know that the one I bought can be upgraded by Provape should they come out with VW. The last upgrade cost only $20, and that was upgrading it to variable voltage. I sure would love watts, but for now I am just fine knowing exactly what ohms and then dialing it. Watts sure would be convenient, since I use the chart to convert and know pretty much what I like.

But I sure wouldn't want to wait for watts when it works so well. Especially knowing that I can just send it on in, pay $20, get it back with watts should they choose to go in that direction. I use my twists daily, I do like them, but only after I check the ohms on the provari so I can dial the twist. When the twists die, I don't plan on replacing them as I have better backups now.

It would be hard being without the Provari to upgrade it, but at least I use it while I wait. Sorry you have to go without one over something so easy to learn just by using it.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I bought my Provari to have on hand should this type of equip be banned in the future. All I need are batteries and they will be fairly easy to get. I also wanted to have protection when building my own coils and not ruining my equip. It is built well and has a good warranty. It is my home model. I still have others for when I'm out and about. My only complaint would be the weight, but I figure it will make a good defense weapon.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yeah for me its just the cost.. I can get 8 EIGHT ego twists, a nova, and some dank juice for the price of 1 provari.. at least that's been my thinking the last couple months. I'm sure by the end of the year ill have a provari tho -_-

Yeah, after those 8 egos have died and gone to vapor heaven, my Provari will still be pumping out the vapor, and will continue to do so with your next 8.. Other than the up-front costs of a Provari, I never quite understood the anology of quantity over quality.

:unsure:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Well once again.... Lol!

I also HAD to have one. But in all honesty I rarely use it. In fact a few months ago, I finally removed the batteries and cleaned and packed away the tank. Then recenly when I ordered my Mini Vivi Novas, I decided to get a Vivi Nova for my poor unloved Provari. To make a long story short, I haven't had to top off the tank once. Lol. I take about one puff a day from it. Just too big and heavy and unwieldy. Once this tank is finished, not sure if I will bother to fill up again. If I had a pink mini... who knows? Maybe my feelings would change. But I think the big black shiny one that I have, is kind of ugly and definitly big and ungainly next to my other pretty devices for eg. eGo's and iTaste.

It is a nice solid device, but not for everyone.

Last edited:

zuzette

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Colorado
Twist are perfectly fine, but I have to dial up the voltage a bit as the voltage drops as the battery charge wanes. Provari gives consistent voltage till the last puff.

This is probably the very best reason to buy one. No matter the device Provari seems to be the only device on the market that offers real consistency as reported by real users. Personally I have a hard time justifying the cost - 200 bucks is a whole lot of other stuff, but if I had it to spare I would probably get one for this reason alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread