Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyNamedStacy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Spokane
Add me to the Provari owner list! Just got my order in last night. Super stoked, too! Now if I could locate a Pyrex tube for the PRO-V tank I ordered I'd be set. Well, that is until more Z-Atty pro's become available. You see, I'm tired of buying the cheap crap once a month and this time I decided to do some research and went big. Good times are in my future :D

xplumberx

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2012
So. Cal
As a owner of a Vmax v2, Zmax, and ProVari v2 I would have to say that ProVari makes a way better built device. The Zmax improved over the Vmax but the machining is garbage on the case. ProVari hits smoother with more flavor... Zmax hits harder especially with the stacked battery config. I prefer the single battery for better flavor around 9 watts. But my go to device is my ProVari hands down!

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
One word: YES!

Of course, you could also start out with a Joye Ego Twist. They're a lot cheaper, and some darn nice systems.

The Provari has a lot of nice features. On and off button that is hard to accidentally activate. 3.5 Amp Limit. Built in Ohm meter. But the price tag is very high. I found a mod that is almost like the mid range VV except has a 4 amp limit. Thats a difference with 6 volts of 6 watts. Which is a very nice range from 3-24. Is the provari that amazing? Or is it the In thing right now?

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Care to sell your Provari? I know someone who's VERY interested.

I love my provari for the exact reason you dislike it. Its solid and heavy in my hand. I'll admit there are times its ungainly and it really looks garrish at a formal occasion but for the day to day it can't be beat. And as an added bonus it doubles as a self defense tool!
My point is taste in hardware is as subjective as taste in juice. There really is no perfect vape, just the perfect vape for you

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
When I purchased a DID RBA atty. I owned numerous Chinese built mods. The cheap ones and the higher priced one. I had no luck with a good vape. I decided to purchase a Provari, and was blown away by the build and performance.

I also got lucky, and found a sucker to trade some of my Chinese mods for a Buzz Pro. I'm now proud to say that I vape AMERICAN!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Add me to the Provari owner list! Just got my order in last night. Super stoked, too! Now if I could locate a Pyrex tube for the PRO-V tank I ordered I'd be set.
The pyrex tubes sold by Clouds of Vapor, made by Siam Mods, will work with the Pro-V endcaps. The tubes fit a little loose initially, but once set up with a carto, a snug-fitting drip tip, and allowing the o-rings to absorb some e-juice before and after filling, the tank fits snug. This was a duel project between Chohan and myself in the following thread here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tanks/314551-quest-glass-pyrex-tanks-27.html

The tubes are available in regular (35mm carto) or XL (45mm carto), in clear, very dark blue (almost black), and green for $15. The regular sizes are currently out of stock. Siam Mods - Glass Tanks

Pro V_Siam Glass_03.jpg

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The pyrex tubes sold by Clouds of Vapor, made by Siam Mods, will work with the Pro-V endcaps. The tubes fit a little loose initially, but once set up with a carto, a snug-fitting drip tip, and allowing the o-rings to absorb some e-juice before and after filling, the tank fits snug. This was a duel project between Chohan and myself in the following thread here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tanks/314551-quest-glass-pyrex-tanks-27.html

The tubes are available in regular (35mm carto) or XL (45mm carto), in clear, very dark blue (almost black), and green for $15. The regular sizes are currently out of stock. Siam Mods - Glass Tanks

View attachment 143442

That sounds really strange.....

richrichrich

Moved On
    Oct 18, 2012
    brantford
    • Deleted by classwife

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Also check out Phiniac
    The Phiniac tubes are the wrong diameter to fit the Pro-v endcaps.

However, Phiniac clear tubes will fit on the Bella and Elegance tanks sold by Hoosier Vapes. Below is a Phiniac pyrex tube that was custon color sandblasted with the design by Phiniac, and fitted to the acrylic endcaps of an Elegance tank, which comes with a polycarbonate tube.

By the way, it is a clear tank. The green you see is the color of the juice, Ecto Plasma from Juicy Vapor.

More pics of my tanks in the link in my signature below.

The mouthpiece and top endcap are one-piece, and twist off the tube to allow easy juice filling. The cartomizer fits into the inside part of the top cap. The Bella takes a 35mm carto (Boge) and the Elegance takes a 45mm carto (Smoktech DC).

Bella_Phin1.jpg Bella_Phin2.jpg Bella-Phin-Frog.jpg
    click to enlarge detail

Last edited:

mollymoe

Moved On
    Oct 19, 2012
    barrie
    • Deleted by classwife

Herennow

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2012
    Washington
    It's pretty obvious that when the Provari came out it was the best of it's kind.
    Seems to have held an exclusive spot with build quality and features.
    This stuff isn't friggen rocket science though, whether I'm a noob or not.
    Things are different now. Cases being built just about, if not as good as Provari!
    Features, etc. Provari says "We use components from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and the USA."
    Some of these same components are probably finding there way in to other models now!
    Sooner or later, Provari will have to lower prices to survive.
    Every week something new and better is coming out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread