BIG tanks???

Status
Not open for further replies.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I really dont get it. Well I do - but I dont. I can understand if you cannot refill your clearo or carto and need a 3ml or bigger tank - like traveling etc. I can understand wanting a pyrex/glass/polypropylene tank due to safety or breakable issues with poly-carbonate tanks. But for most it would seem a tank up to 3mls should be enough. Just refill. We all carry juice dont we? How long does it take to refill? What is all the fuss about BIG tanks................:confused:

And maybe I am also posting this cause I want a 3 ml pyrex tank for my CE2s and cant find one. Dont wanna make a syringe mod. I need something nicely made............:blush:

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
As far as big tanks go, I drive anywhere from 10 to 16 hours a shift, so a couple 5ml tanks and a extra batt
is much more convenient than trying to refill a 3ml tank while in the car.

If you want a CE2 with a tank, I recommend IBTanked.
They have very good pryex tanks at a very reasonable price in several sizes, and I have seen
a few vendors that carry slotted CE2's that you can use in carto tanks.

Of course, there are a ton of "tank" style CE3's available now ( like the vivi nova ),
but if you like the carto style CE2, I would definitely try the recommendation above.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have 7ml tanks for my Silver Bullet. It's nice to not have to deal with filling a smaller tank multiple times with one of your favorite flavors. Part of the appeal of larger tanks is how they look on larger size mods, like the Silver Bullet.

Triple_V_pyrex_1.JPG VVV-7ml-tank2.jpg Triple_V_pyrex_2.JPG

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Can the really experienced chime in here and tell us what you prefer- the XXL carto tanks, or the standard carto tanks? Like, I'm probably ordering a pyrex tank tomorrow and idk which to get. standard or the XXL/dualcoil tanks. I have more XXL cartomizers NOW, but I feel like if I had standard tanks (because I like the size of them) I'd buy standard cartos and be happier with the length. Should I make the switch?

Because I cant use DCTs on my 3.7v mods. I just cant. they are horrible on 3.7v mods.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
As long as a tank fits together well enough not to leak, then performance is all about the carto.

You say DCT's are just horrible on your 3.7v mods, I am assuming you mean something like the
6ml DCT on an Ego style batt, because the 3ml DCT on an Ego with a beauty ring to cover the
Ego threads looks just fine. It says you have a Bolt in your sig, I would think a DCT would look
just fine on a Bolt. If you are talking about the performance of a DC carto, then there are plenty
of XL single coil cartos out there.

The purpose of a carto tank, after all, is to increase juice capacity. If you are satisfied with the
capacity of a shorter ( and slimmer ? ) tank, then the question boils down to if you like the std
cartos better for performance.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
yeah I'm talking about the performance of a carto, and since i feel that the smaller single coiled cartos are more easily found than dual coil cartos, I'd like a shorter tank that will allow me to use standard cartomizers, for the same price as a DCT. Dual coils shine at around 4.5-5 volts, even the "low" resistance ones. I rock a 2.0dct at around 5.3 and I've never rocked a 1.25 or 1.5 dct under 4.5 volts, so, i feel they lack on the eGo and unregulated mods. I'm looking at IBT for their standard size tanks and a few other places, but the prices are up there for me. so we'll see. I've also heard of people cutting the dct tanks down which is always an option. we will see what happens. I'm afraid I'll end up making it all uneven :p but I'm sure I could pull it off well enough.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Well, like I said, there are plenty of vendors out there that carry single coil XL cartos for tanks.
Madvapes and HoosierEcig are just a couple off the top of my head.

From my experience, glass tanks are pretty much the way to go. As far as poly tanks go,
it is pretty much a toss up as to whether one will "frost" or crack from any particular juice.
They are more expensive, but it is kinda like the initial expense of your hdw. Once you
have the caps it is only $5 to $7 dollars for a replacement tube.
I buy from IBTanked and I am pretty sure they are the cheapest glass tank with metal caps you can find,
and the tanks are top notch quality.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
no i like the shorter length of the standard size tanks, i want as short a pv as possible.. I thought I wasn't alone in that, but apparently the china marketing executives and data collectors don't agree because all they are putting out are giant XXL tanks and whatever the DCT is, XXL and whatnot. I'd like to use the smaller cartomizers. The only tank I've really found is the more expensive US custom made tanks that are $20-25 bucks a tank. I'm looking for more of a 10 dollar tank right now.

Its whatever. I'm going to put off getting my shorter tanks and I'm just gonna buy more DCT tanks and the hyper SRT. I want as many rebuildables as I can afford in case the vape apocalypse ever comes.

smbray

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
OKC,OK
just my 2 cents but I hate the DCT's they leak,flood,burn taste, come apart and are hard to get off your e-cig at times.the vivi nova tanks work best for me and my wife,they screw together so no coming apart,no flooding they wick good,easy to refill you can get plastic,metal or the metal with plastic sights.they have them in 2.5, 3.5 and 5 ml sizes.they are very easy to rebuild and you can also use stainless steel wicks when rebuilding them.I also drive a lot at work and sometimes cant find the time to refill so a couple of big tanks work the best for me.I also have the full blown rebuilds that I use but as far as just a cheap tank vivi novas I think are the way to go

Last edited:

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
What are you calling a CE2? A cartridge that looks like a carto, but has wicks inside and
a silicone gasket in the top that you fill through with a syringe?
1306422443626-2095818064.jpeg

If you like the flavor and performance of a CE2, then maybe you should try vivi nova.
It is a tank style device with the same wicks and coil setup as a CE2. I would be careful
though, the threaded end is a bit long on some and will short out your device if it
goes in far enough.
Vi-tnk-1.jpg

But you can also take your std CE2 and punch it just like a carto and use it in any carto tank.
You just make the holes bigger so that the juice fills the cartridge freely. Just be careful
not to deform the cartridge so it doesn't seal properly in the tank.
Or you can by CE2's that are factory punched to work in a carto tank.

COV and Madvapes both carry CE2 style tank cartos.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I have had the vivi nova for over months - dont ask my why I havent tried it yet. I like the CE2 size - it is perfect. Hate the plastic tube. I can rewick em - am fixing to recoil a couple - to me they are the perfect clearo - except the tube. One would think it would be simple for someone to make the tubes from pyrex - if you had the tools...........i dont...........Maybe I should try they vivi......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread