Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009

Danny632

Aug 10, 2012
Orlando, FL
Great articles, thanks for sharing!

This is an issue I've been wondering about and wanting to get more information on...

I don't trust big tobacco for obvious reasons, but I've seen a lot of members post about how a lot of the information the general public has on the dangers of smoking are misleading. While I agree that a lot of info on e cigs is misleading, I'm not sure that I would agree that the same holds true for traditional cigarettes (manufactured by large companies). ...or at least not enough to make a significant difference on how cigarettes should be viewed and treated.

I understand the arguments on both sides of how this could affect e-cigarette smokers and suppliers, but I haven't been able to find a lot of credible information that examines all the factors of this equation.
The arguments all make sense, but they're just speculation with nothing significant backing them up.

Some aspects of my job overlap with public health, so I really want to get a clear understanding of this issue, and obviously for personal reasons, as well.

I looked to the CASAA website for information, but most of the items on the Reading ListReadings are not recent.

I would really appreciate if Veterans and other ECF members who are knowledgeable about all the different factors involved in this complex issue can offer some guidance or really good resources to figure out exactly what this trend means for everyone involved. I've spent a lot of time looking on my own, and it's really hard to find really solid info on this particular subject.

Many thanks, and happy vaping. :)

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
The most important information to know is that cigarettes are 100 times more hazardous than smokefree tobacco/nicotine products marketed in the US (including e-cigarettes), about a million Americans have quit smoking by switching to e-cigarettes, and that several million more smokers have significantly reduced their cigarette consumption by substituting e-cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread