The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Big tobacco take on e-cigarette's health issue

Discussion in 'Medical Research' started by dalr, Oct 27, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Charon

Charon Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    Indiana
    Basically, "I have proven X, but nobody else has equipment Y, so repeatable results and peer review are out of the question. OBEY ME."

Nope, that's not how the scientific process works.

2. zanedog

zanedog Moved On

Jan 28, 2014
    Alberta
    Personally, I don't completely trust anyone. I gave that up when I learned Santa was really my parents, it was a crushing moment, but I am a better person for it.

One thing I don't believe from your friend and something that you can verify for us is that big tobacco has better equipment than universities.

Testing instruments aren't magic, they are just instruments used to measure physical and chemical properties. Ask your friend to give you a list of the instruments he uses. I would bet you could source it through Fischer Scientific. He will have no problem naming the instruments that he works with, they are the tools of his trade and he will have them on the tip of his tongue

If you do trust your friend as you say, I suggest you take his advice and either vape no nic juice or go back to analogs. Perhaps through your connections you could be one of the first to use a new, safe product that they are undoubtedly working on with the secret instruments that no one else in the world has. I did not mean to come of cynical with this post, but how you worded your original post leaves very little wiggle room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.