Biggest gripes about eJuice Vendors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
In my experience the majority of vendors (liquid and/or hardware) have decent at best website designs and layouts. Some are just plain terrible. Drives me crazy... Invest a little time and money into a decent website. An easy to navigate website will make things easier on you and the customer.

Some sites look like a 3 year old put it together, and to me, this is a sign of a fly-by-night type of operation.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
- I hate paging through multiple pages to see all flavors. Please give the option to display all on one page.
- I fully agree with better flavor descriptions. I have a strong aversion to some popular flavor additions/components. I shouldn't have to guess what the components are.
- I don't understand how a vendor can only allow ordering on certain days/times. That alone has prevented me from ordering from some popular vendors.
- there is no excuse for taking my money immediately, yet waiting for two weeks to ship. Another reason I've avoided specific vendors. At least the ones I've learned about here on ECF.

Thank goodness for ECF! I've learned where to go and who to avoid from here. Also, the joyetech company website has a list of authorized dealers and a list of copycat vendors. That's how I got started with my vapor vendor research.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
I like this thread. My peeves:

Not offering discount codes.
Not letting you choose your PG/VG ratio
Squeeze bottles that are so hard to squeeze, they give me a hand cramp.

Not a peeve any more: Offering extra flavor shots. I used to think it was kind of cheezy. Was the seller offering a good full flavor or not? Now I understand that some equipment lets juice flavor come through better than other equipment, like the T3's which allow in too much air and mute your flavor.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Squeeze bottles that are so hard to squeeze, they give me a hand cramp.

I forgot about this one. I totally agree! Some vendors juice bottles I have to switch to the softer plastic ones I have. Some bottle are so darn hard to squeeze and when you have arthritis, it's a real pain, figuratively and literally !!

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
Shouldnt need explination or added to numbers CHILD SAFETY CAPS!

1. Pre Steep would be nice
2. Make sure you have a friggin description (other then the title)
3. Offer larger then 50-60ml bottles. Like 250-500ml bottles for a better discount etc.. (I have several "all day" vapes I would order larger qtys)
4. Quality Glass bottles. I like glass so much more then plastic bottles specially when the juice starts leeching the plastic bottles.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
My #1 gripe is: There are ZERO e-cig/e-juice vendors in Northern, VA/Washington, D.C area.

You would think that someone would jump on the opportunity to open a brick n mortar store in such a highly populated area with such a high density of wealth, but apparently not. If only I had the money to open a store.....

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
I've found some decent deals on Boston Round Glass Bottles (half oz and up) on amazon. Picked up a dozen half ounce for just under $8 total (with shipping) the other day.

Shouldnt need explination or added to numbers CHILD SAFETY CAPS!

1. Pre Steep would be nice
2. Make sure you have a friggin description (other then the title)
3. Offer larger then 50-60ml bottles. Like 250-500ml bottles for a better discount etc.. (I have several "all day" vapes I would order larger qtys)
4. Quality Glass bottles. I like glass so much more then plastic bottles specially when the juice starts leeching the plastic bottles.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
making you register for EVERY site just to purchase something.

and then when you don't actually buy something you get that email stating:

I see you looked at something and didn't buy - are you ok?

YES! If I wanted to buy I would have.. apparently you can't even browse sites without getting spam mail.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
The main things I dislike are, vendors that give no description of their flavors, vendors that make a flavor like raspberry that tastes like something else and labeling it raspberry, even moreso when the flavor should clearly be named burnt tires off my old pinto. I dislike vendors that don't add enough flavor into their juice without an extra shot for it to taste like something other than straight VG. Crappy bottles that are so hard that you can't squeeze the juice out without breaking the tank off your clearomizer.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but that's all I got for now.

fishndive

Apr 30, 2012
Illinois
What really irks me.... a vendor I bought from for 6 months stopped selling juice in 30ml bottles and told me everything will be now in 10ml bottles, and if I bought 30ml.... 3 bottles.... I'd still get the 30ml price.... that lasted 1 month. Now they're not only selling only 10ml, but no discount for the 60ml I purchased, no rewards points anymore and no return emails.... Guess what, no more orders from me.

Labels that fall off
Labels I can't read anymore
Having to purchase a magnifying glass to read labels, cause the reading glasses I use aren't strong enough
Supposed editing of juice reviews.... deleting bad reviews
Not stating what the juice tastes like..... having to read flowery, edited comments to find what the juice resembles is wrong
Inconsistent juices..... one order tastes like x, the next tastes different

As for hardware vendors, having to order from multiple sites and pay multiple shipping charges for various tanks, atty's etc... because they were out of xy or z

I feel DIY is coming soon.....

nuttyriv3r

Verified Member
May 9, 2013
Worcester, MA
  • The obligatory VistaPrint business card in every package.
  • The reuse of the same lousy shopping cart/e-commerce package
    It's like there was a convention and everyone bought the "e-cig shop in a box" template package.
  • The reuse of cheesy clipart for juices with equally cheesy names
  • The assumption that every shopper is an ECF member or already in the vaper community.
  • Over priced sample packs.
  • Leaving the experience feeling like I just bought something from a dude that moonlights as a pot dealer.
  • Poor communication and service.
Other than that, most of the juice I've gotten is good. Most of the issues lie within the technical side of things and the lack of any marketing knowledge. No MBA's here. hehe Hopefully things will improve with the more established vendors. New options like a subscription service would be nice, algorithms which could suggest flavors based on purchase history, discounted upgrade offers for larger ml bottles if you've bought 10/30 ml three or more times...etc...need more data nerds in these shops.
--
Honestly things are pretty great. Take all of the things that seem annoying now and you will miss it when the guvment shuts it down or makes it cost prohibitive to even operate tiny businesses like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread