Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I hate when I continually order from a company and they never offer a little discount code. I'm not cheap by any means, actually i'm far from that. I think it's a good gesture to toss me a 10 percent off next order coupon code or something after a 100 dollar order. Maybe it's just me.

I have to agree... it's such a competitive market and there are plenty of excellent vendors... something would be nice... samples, discounts... something... after the 5th order at full price, it would be nice to get some acknowledgment... if nothing else, a thank you note...when you spend $100 or juice... an extra bottle should be thrown in...

CourtneyG

Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Michigan
I wish that all vendors would use child proof caps. When you consider that fact that ejuice can smell quite delicious and that it could in fact, kill a child if ingested, it seems like a reasonable measure.

I know that as a parent, I am the first line of defense against this type of tragedy, so I keep my liquids up high. I am an imperfect person however, and I know that I could mistakenly leave a juice bottle in the wrong place (even for just a moment) and the thought terrifies me. It would be nice to have a second line of defense in a child proof cap. It could buy a parent some time in a dangerous situation.

Unseen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Michigan
I have to agree... it's such a competitive market and there are plenty of excellent vendors... something would be nice... samples, discounts... something... after the 5th order at full price, it would be nice to get some acknowledgment... if nothing else, a thank you note...when you spend $100 or juice... an extra bottle should be thrown in...

Exactly. If you read some of the DIY forums you'll notice juice making isn't very expensive. It isn't going to break them by doing something nice for a consistent customer.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
...having the online store closed and not even letting us window shop (I understand being closed, but let us look and drool).
- Not stating what the PG/VG ratio is...If I can't choose the ratio, at least tell me what it is.

These are my biggest 2 pet peeves. I'm busy during the day doing what I do so I can afford juice - so let me shop at a time that's convenient to me not you.
My 'local' B&M sells juice in one ratio and one strength, it drives me nuts - this is Burger King and I want it my way.

My only other issue is fake reviews - a constant stream of people giving 5 stars with no opinions other than "THIS IS THE BEST JOOZ EVA" just makes me feel sad for the people that order from them. They might have good juice, but I won't be ordering it.

First world problems eh...

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
-Not being able to sort by rating (I know everyone's taste is different, but when 8123190238 people like/hate a flavor, that gives a bit of a clue)
-having to click through 10 pages to find the flavor I want.... ONE LONG LIST IS OK!
-taking a week to put an order together (I understand some of these are small operations, but COME ON)
-offering a "discount" on 50ml vs 6ml that comes to about 2-4% savings!
-not offering 100ml or more (at better than 2-4% savings)

Unseen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Michigan
These are my biggest 2 pet peeves. I'm busy during the day doing what I do so I can afford juice - so let me shop at a time that's convenient to me not you.
My 'local' B&M sells juice in one ratio and one strength, it drives me nuts - this is Burger King and I want it my way.

My only other issue is fake reviews - a constant stream of people giving 5 stars with no opinions other than "THIS IS THE BEST JOOZ EVA" just makes me feel sad for the people that order from them. They might have good juice, but I won't be ordering it.

First world problems eh...

Or list that the store will be open at a certain time so you plan around it and they're not open. I'm having that problem at the moment with a vendor *sigh*

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
....charging for an extra flavor shot, or menthol. Give me a break, I know the profit margins on juice.
....Ordering only at a certain time. Guess your time is so much more valuable than mine as a customer, need to arrange my schedule for you.
....Taking a week & a half to ship, consistently. It takes 10 minutes or less to make the juice & box it, stop being so frigging cheap & hire some help.
....Plastic bottles. I hate em. Give me an option to upgrade to glass.
....Nic levels or PG/VG ratios with little choices. You say you custom mix to my order, then let me pick what I want.
....Websites that look like your 14 year old nephew put together. And probably did.
....Nothing but glowing reviews on every juice. Please. Theres not one product in the vape world everyone agrees on, your juice is no different.
....Outrageous prices. Enough said.

These, & many more reasons drove me to DIY. And never came back.

ThunderPumpkin

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
South America
The trend of naming everything with "blood" at the end. Guys, it's really tired and overused.

The alternatives aren't very promising...

"Narwhal Bile"
"Pixie Urine"
"Thug Tears"
"Gnome Earwax"
"Unicorn Semen"
"Chuck Norris Bilirubin"
"Junkie Plasma"

Amazingly enough, there are some vendors who sell poop-themed juices.

Makes Angel Toejam seem downright attractive...

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Offering discount codes that don't work at the checkout...
Only selling 10ml sizes in popular flavours (you know who you are)...
Charging 5 x actual postage cost...
Ordering 5 x 10ml and the bottles all have different amounts in (do they guess ?)...
Selling all the crapola as 'Special Offer'...
Having the 'I am 18yrs or older' tab pop up on every bloody page...
Giving discount to the first 50 people only, to start as and when the seller decides (cos i have the time to sit at my computer waiting for a discount notification)...
BETTER STOP NOW, BLOOD PRESSURE RISING, BREATHING GETTING DEEP, SWEAT ON BROW, MUSCLES TENSING... !!!!!!

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Thanks for asking, Hippieangst. :)

Here are mine:

~ Inane descriptions of products that tell you exactly nothing: "Not your typical horseradish vape!!!"

~ Insulting descriptions of products that are apparently designed to make you feel like an ignorant barbarian: "Bubbaberry BlahBlah isn't the kind of cheap, tasteless crap preferred by 7 year olds. Sorry!"

~ Weirdly self-important emails that make it sound like you've been glued to your laptop day and night for months, putting your entire life on hold until you hear from them: "Awesome, mind-bending news! Your package has actually SHIPPED!"

if i could give this 20,000 likes i would hahahaha

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Offering discount codes that don't work at the checkout...
Only selling 10ml sizes in popular flavours (you know who you are)...
Charging 5 x actual postage cost...
Ordering 5 x 10ml and the bottles all have different amounts in (do they guess ?)...
Selling all the crapola as 'Special Offer'...
Having the 'I am 18yrs or older' tab pop up on every bloody page...
Giving discount to the first 50 people only, to start as and when the seller decides (cos i have the time to sit at my computer waiting for a discount notification)...
BETTER STOP NOW, BLOOD PRESSURE RISING, BREATHING GETTING DEEP, SWEAT ON BROW, MUSCLES TENSING... !!!!!!

I totally agree with all these, especially the coupon code that is limited and if you want to use it, you have to stay up until 1 in the morning (you know who you are).

With the age thing, I really don't understand why vendors don't require an age verification process. I have yet to have one single vendor ask me to verify my age by sending a copy of my driver's license or use the verification site used on here to become a verified member or ask for any other form of ID. A 10 year old can click the "I am 18" button and place an order if they have mom or dad's CC #.

The postage thing really irks me too. When I first started vaping, I would visit some sites, put items in the basket and then head to checkout to see a postage and handling fee that was almost half the price of my order. REALLY?? So now I immediately go to the shipping page before I even look at a vendor's wares.

Someone else mentioned consistency. I ordered a 10ml bottle of a juice that was fantastic. Then I ordered a 50ml bottle of the same juice and it was quite different. So I re-ordered a 10ml bottle and it wasn't the same either. I think this is the major reason I've placed a large DIY supplies order so when I make my own, I know a flavor will be exactly the same as I made it the first time...I hope LOL.

Last one...a vendor taking your money then taking their sweet time to get you your stuff. This is especially true with very popular juice vendor who thinks because their product comes in an elegant package with cute pictures and such that their product is worth waiting 2 weeks for it to ship when the majority of juice vendors have an order shipped in less than 48 hours. Or on a similar note, if a vendor makes a mistake on your order, it takes them 2 or 3 weeks to correct this issue.

Better taste descriptions for some vendors would be great. Also I like it when I can see reviews on their website from other people. Even if they are bad they should still have up so I can make an informed decision. Being new to this it would be great just to have more info in one place instead of having to find it on the internet

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Better taste descriptions for some vendors would be great. Also I like it when I can see reviews on their website from other people. Even if they are bad they should still have up so I can make an informed decision. Being new to this it would be great just to have more info in one place instead of having to find it on the internet

Darn good point here. Taste is so subjective, so I want to read both sides. I've ordered juices kind of thinking I would enjoy them based on the bad reviews...and I do enjoy them.

rogue_cig

Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Dutchess,NY, USA
- I hate paging through multiple pages to see all flavors. Please give the option to display all on one page.
- I fully agree with better flavor descriptions. I have a strong aversion to some popular flavor additions/components. I shouldn't have to guess what the components are.
- I don't understand how a vendor can only allow ordering on certain days/times. That alone has prevented me from ordering from some popular vendors.
- there is no excuse for taking my money immediately, yet waiting for two weeks to ship. Another reason I've avoided specific vendors. At least the ones I've learned about here on ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread