Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
full

Provari with rare chrome battery extension end .[/QUOTE] that chrome extension cap is rare? I have an all chrome v2 that I got in 2011 or 2012 that I believe came with the all chrome extension cap and non extension cap. So are the all chrome v2 provari's considered rare maybe?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I still have the black BB, too. (Baby Bullet or Black Beauty). [/QUOTE ]

For my first mech , I was thinking of the BB, but decided to buy this one from altsmoke instead. Looking back I should of bought the BB. I just thought the idea of no button or switch was cool
862afbbe87a209d5f700efc94fcd8511.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For my first mech , I was thinking of the BB, but decided to buy this one from altsmoke instead. Looking back I should of bought the BB. I just thought the idea of no button or switch was cool.
Man, I can't recall the name of that mod. :-x Only seen one or two of them in real life. My vape shop didn't carry them in stock, but they did carry the SB and BB in many colors.
BB-blackpluscolors.jpg
sb1.jpg

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Man, I can't recall the name of that mod. :-x Only seen one or two of them in real life. My vape shop didn't carry them in stock, but they did carry the SB and BB in many colors.

They had the Omega and the Alpha...I have the Alpha :)

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
What was the battery extension for?

Please forgive me. I missed quite possibly the greatest period of time in vape innovation.

How did those awesome devices stack up in terms of lag time?
I'd love to try the classics but the stall of my Kangor sub-boxes keeps me from enjoyable vapes. I just haven't been able to get the timing right for consistant production.

Reactions: Baditude

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I have the pink Black Beauty. I quit calling it that because I was always asked why it is a 'black' beauty if it is pink, lol

BB-blackpluscolors.jpg
    sb1.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    What was the battery extension for?
    If this is directed to me, battery extension tubes or extension caps allowed you to use a larger battery for more vape time per battery used.

The Mini Provari used an 18350 battery by default. With one extension tube you could use the larger 18450/18500 battery, or with two tubes use an 18650 battery. The compromise with using a larger battery is you lose portability (overall length) using a larger battery.

Same with the standard Provari. By default it used the 18450/18500 battery. With the extension tube or extension cap, you could use an 18650.

The wide base adaptor provided a more secure footprint when you set the setup upright, assuring the setup would be less likely to topple over and break a glass tank. A Kayfun RTA or cartotank on a Provari would make the setup top heavy and likely to tip over. The extension tubes, extension caps and wide base were "accesories" you had to by separately for the Provari 2.5.

When the P3 came out, it came with all extension tubes in the kit.

24f77fd4-774b-4f75-84a7-28d32986fa97.jpg

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Wow. You'all are certainly bringing back the memories......I have the original Provari's safely packed away along with the SB's. Loved those mods. Does anyone remember when Evolve came out with the little device that turned those mech's into VV? I do and still have a couple. Talk about innovation. Those will always be the 'good ole days' to me.....What a wild wonderful ride to get to be a part of.

:wub:

Gregjl

Sep 20, 2018
    New Jersey
    Don't worry, this thread will die quickly ....
    ANYTHING that you would do to make your Vaping Equipment beautiful is welcome here. Accessories, drip tips, cases, polishes, covers, etc.
    As the owner of several wooden mods, I prefer Howards' Feed and Wax (which is overdue. I need to get off my .... on that one.)
    I also have several brass RBA's and doors that this old Navy guy uses Brasso for (again, overdue)
    I have a couple of custom made drip tips (which I paid way too much for) from Mole Mountain Art.
    5XYjAj6.jpg

So, how do you 'BLING" your Gear ?
    I have to ask, what are the knobs on the doors for? I like this thread by the way definitely not the same old same old.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    I have to ask, what are the knobs on the doors for? I like this thread by the way definitely not the same old same old.

Not knobs, but plungers. Those Woodvils are squonkers or bottom feed. Press the plunger, the flat head on the inside presses against the juice bottle. You're probably used to seeing thumb holes instead.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    BB-blackpluscolors.jpg
    sb1.jpg
    Yep as class wife said, it's the omega by altsmoke. It works pretty good and still use it from time to time. You kind of squeeze the top part down onto the bottom part, like depress it. It's the very first mod I bought close to 8 years ago after my cig a like stint and still going..

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    How did those awesome devices stack up in terms of lag time?

Well tbh, there really wasn't because back then most were only using 36, 32, and if you were really adventurous, 30g wire. Along with that, resistances were rarely under 1.5 ohms and 10 to 15 watts was high. The only 2 regulated devices I knew of was the provari at 15 watts max and the darwin at 12, so no lag time at all. For the rebuildable guys back then doing genesis or reos, a mech and slightly lower resistances could give you perhaps 20 watts at the most and when 28g came around maybe slightly more. It was years of this type of vaping until the first dna 20 came out (if you were lucky enough to get one) until things started to change and then of of a sudden the 30 came and chips just kept advancing

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    ^ ...and Rob O'Neil did, briefly, build a VV Grand and a VV Woodvil with the old BuzzPro 15W chip. But $220 for a VV Woodvil was considered way to much for Vaping gear in those days.
    The VV REOS didn't last long. Rob sold them, but being more of a machinist than an electronics guy made it difficult for him to service. So he stopped after a couple of years.
    2HmSVS6.jpg

Gregjl

Sep 20, 2018
    New Jersey
    Not knobs, but plungers. Those Woodvils are squonkers or bottom feed. Press the plunger, the flat head on the inside presses against the juice bottle. You're probably used to seeing thumb holes instead.
    That never even crossed my mind that they might be plungers and I have 4 squonk mods

Reactions: PapawBrett
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread