BLING !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
that chrome extension cap is rare? I have an all chrome v2 that I got in 2011 or 2012 that I believe came with the all chrome extension cap and non extension cap. So are the all chrome v2 provari's considered rare maybe?
The chrome end caps were for all practical purposes a limited production accessory for a relatively short (months?) period of time. Provape annouced on social media and their company website that the chrome extension caps were going to be discontinued after a certain date. So Provari collectors recognized that this item would soon have limited availability, so considered to be collector worthy.

People would start showing off how good a chrome end cap looked on a regular Provari, and they became a hard to find accessory, which always greatly increases the value of a rare item.

That's how I got mine. I read they would be discountinued and wanted one because I really liked how they looked on colored Provari's. A no brainer to me.

So I call that rare. You could post an ad on ebay and probably get some surprising offers from some hardcore Provari collectors.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The chrome end caps were for all practical purposes a limited production accessory for a relatively short (months?) period of time. Provape annouced on social media and their company website that the chrome extension caps were going to be discontinued after a certain date. So Provari collectors recognized that this item would soon have limited availability, so considered to be collector worthy.

People would start showing off how good a chrome end cap looked on a regular Provari, and they became a hard to find accessory, which always greatly increases the value of a rare item.

That' how I got mine. I read they would be discountinued, wanted one because I really liked how they looked on colored Provari's. No brainer to me.

So I call that rare. You could post an add on ebay and probably get some surprising offers from some hardcore Provari collectors.
You can see the provari there and the forgotten futura on the left , which was my very first dna 20. I also after picked up a futura 30 , which was my very last tube mod purchase. From then on, dna 20 and 30's were readily available in box mods which I gravitated to....thanks
dbed1e63d490407bb79f21bcc7db6337.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Futura, another name from the past. Remember it was once considered worthy to upseat the Provari for the fictional title representing the "gold standard" of all regulated mods. I guess it generated some excitement for a bit of time, and then you never heard much more about it. Yet the Provari would become ever as popular as ever before.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Futura, another name from the past. Remember it was once considered worthy to upseat the Provari for the fictional title representing the "gold standard" of all regulated mods. I guess it generated some excitement for a bit of time, and then you never heard much more about it. Yet the Provari would become ever as popular as ever before.
Your right, at that time provape had no intention of upping from 15 watts and futura was taking the next step (or first step really) by producing a provari look a like with a more powerful dna chip. I thought for sure they were going to really compete, but never did.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Wow. You'all are certainly bringing back the memories......I have the original Provari's safely packed away along with the SB's. Loved those mods. Does anyone remember when Evolve came out with the little device that turned those mech's into VV? I do and still have a couple. Talk about innovation. Those will always be the 'good ole days' to me.....What a wild wonderful ride to get to be a part of.

:wub:

Lift foot, and KICK!!!!!!

upload_2018-10-21_18-55-6.jpeg

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Your right, at that time provape had no intention of upping from 15 watts and futura was taking the next step (or first step really) by producing a provari look a like with a more powerful dna chip. I thought for sure they were going to really compete, but never did.

Futura had a really well engineered mod with 1st rate materials, but sadly a poorly capitalized company with a less than ideal supply and distribution chain.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
Engine nano was rainbow until it mated with the vaporesso armour pro. Buffed it all off with a 3m finishing wheel at work. Only bling work I've done so far. I try to buy finishes and colors that'll last and I like. I have a kbox mini in white I've been thinking about polishing but idk how zinc alloys look polished so idk. I could do the inside of the battery door first to see what it looks like I guess.
20181016_150451.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Some old time Trippy bling...
Ultimate bling: Those of you who used pyrex drip tips like the Trippy Tips, how many of you broke them?

I loved pyrex tips, but they turned out to be extremely fragile and I ended up breaking quite a few, and they were not at all inexpensive. :-x

Anyway, it seems all of the quality glass blowers making drip tips have disappeared since the FDA regulations went into effect.

tt-new-group-large.jpg

trippy_tips_drip_tips_gotsmok-660x330.jpg

Wide-Bore-Colorful-Pyrex-Glass-510-Drip-Tip-for-Electronic-Cigarette-RDA-RBA-RTA-Atomizer-Tank.jpg_640x640.jpg

IMG_5084__74482_zoom.JPG

aba4994605acd284b3c4d4bf954bf12c--hand-blown-glass-stoner-girl.jpg

Above images courtesy of Google Images

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Actually, Bert (Trippy Tips) still does create and produce his masterpiece blown-glass art works.

Here are a few of my own faves:

2011-12-27 21.33.34.jpg
black white #2 and millefiori #3.jpg
donut2.jpg
2012-03-14 15.52.37.jpg
2012-03-19 16.11.05.jpg
referee swirl.jpg
TT pink helix.jpg

Attachments

• donut trippy 2012-4.JPG
    donut trippy 2012-4.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
  • donut trippy lit.JPG
    donut trippy lit.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 5

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Agreed....at one point John ( If I remember, that was his name) showed me some drawings of a few box mods he was going to produce and wanted me to beta test them, that was the last time I ever heard from him or his company. This was the second futura I bought and much nicer then the first runs. This is the dna 40 and John gave it to me to beta , but not sure if it was ever actually released, can't remember. It's all SS and unbelievably solid, more so then any of my provari's. The tubes can be removed to fit 18650, 18500, and 18350....
744262b84951d595b095a0a705f1d54a.jpg
c28ae3044de94e10d230108786d6713a.jpg
03b5bccd9b5c1b78b252d6ec7a4e25c8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread