Bloog compared to Standard Kr808 battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1chris

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
kentucky
Well i just got my first Slim style ecig as i found it cumbersome carrying my VV Buzz around sometimes and i went with a 84mm and 105mm auto batterys from MVS with Standard 808 cartomizers.I really do enjoy it, it just feels more natural and easier to carry.But with all the Buzz on the Bloog it caught my attention as so many have been raving about the BMF cartos.And i will purchase some of those to try out as i am running low on cartos.But For those that have tried the standard and bloog are they that big of difference in battery's.Say the bloog 72mm vs my standard 84 Just looking for insight from ppl that have used both

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hopefully someone else can answer your question better. Bloog batteries are regulated at 3.6v, I'm not familiar with MVS but I think most standard 808 type batteries are regulated at 4.2v. The Bloog maxxfusion cartos are made to perform best with the lower regulated voltage but they will work on standard 808 batteries. Again I really am not the one who should be answering your question but I hated that you were going unanswered. Maybe Frick or Gardner will be along soon to help you.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
I may not be the best person to answer, there are more technical people than I. But here's what I know...

All 808 bats should work, just not as well as a BMF bat.

For instance, people have compared BMF bats and cartos, vs V4L bats and cartos. Mix and matching. All combinations still work, but not as well as when the same company bats and cartos are combined.

I'm not exactly sure about the mha, whatever, but the BFM cartos go through quality control to be between 2.4 and 2.6 ohms. V4L cartos are 3.0 ohms. The BMF bats have a quicker switch, and consequently more room for battery cells, but the total voltage will differ if using a different carto/bat.

So your other company bats will work with BMF cartos, probably still better than any older style carto. But you'll get even BETTER performance when using the BMF bat that the cartos were designed to be used with.

Does that help?

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Compare the prices of the individual pieces vs. a kit first. I think some of the kits are still priced higher than the parts.

The thing with BMF cartos on a VK battery is just that the vk isn't regulated so it can run around 4.2v and the BMF carto needs 3.6v. So the juices burn easily on a fresh vk until the charge runs down some. After that it's fine.

achtungbaby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
I'm thinking a bloog batt and charger to see if i like it..oh and blank carts..which is almost $40..the kit is $44...
In the classies there's an offer for a basic bloog set up but a bunch of prefilled cartos justifying the $80 price tag, and honestly I'm happy with KBV joose so it'd be a waste for me.

edit~~~thanks for your help starsong. greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
BMF batteries are regulated and give a constant 3.6V.
General kr808d-1 batteries are not regulated and start giving out 4.2V when fresh out of the charger, drop quickly to 3.7V though most of the charge, and then a little lower at the end.
That being said, although initially there were some issues with using BMF cartos with other kr808d- batteries, that seems to have been overcome, and there are no issues anymore.

I use BMF cartos with other kr808d-1 bats without problems.
Sometimes, with freshlly charged bats, I take it easy in the first couple of puffs, but that's it.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
I'm thinking a bloog batt and charger to see if i like it..oh and blank carts..which is almost $40..the kit is $44...
In the classies there's an offer for a basic bloog set up but a bunch of prefilled cartos justifying the $80 price tag, and honestly I'm happy with KBV joose so it'd be a waste for me.

edit~~~thanks for your help starsong. greatly appreciated :)

Happy to help when I can. :) If you do order, maybe wait til Monday or Tues til the site it working better. I tried to enter my discount code tonite and it wouldn't take it. :( I heard they were working on that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread