Blu E-cig review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Pretty cool, and good effort for the first time out.

I'll offer my opinions purely with the intent to help you on future productions... not to pick at you. Nothing said here should be taken negatively at all, just trying to help.

Ok, so what you guys did in almost ten minutes, could have been achieved in less than 5. You were rambling a bit, repeating the same thought multiple times, and would get hung up on some areas a bit too long. About 3 minutes on the atomizers for example.

You did good on bringing up the good, the bad, and alternatives (like dripping instead of using the crappy carts), and those were important points to bring up and use as a model for future reviews!

It felt a bit Penn & Teller honestly... and not in the "wow, those two are funny" kinda way. More in the "why is the little guy just sitting there, not talking" kinda way :) Strike a balance, and figure out who wants to cover what section before you turn the camera on so that each of you get equal screen time.

You were pretty fair and unbiased, so I would feel confident in taking your advice.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for not staring at a monitor the whole time. You looked into the camera, and that's one of my biggest pet-peeves on videos around here. People tend to watch their monitor (or camcorder screen) and rarely look into the lens (at the viewer) if at all.

Here are some suggestions to help you streamline the process, and make future videos more engaging:

Don't have bright light coming in from behind you (open window) because it imbalances the light, makes things in the foreground too dark, and is distracting.

Tape it in a room that is more pleasing to the eye. If it MUST be a bedroom... make the bed behind you :)

Tackle what topics you want to cover in each video. Make an outline of the sections, each of you pick the section you want to speak to, and write up a basic outline on a large posterboard. Tack up the posterboard BEHIND the camera to remind you of the next section so you are focused, not wandering around... and don't forget anything. Don't make it a cue card where you have to actually read it line for line, just make notes that serve as reminders.

ex:

1) Packaging/cost
2) What comes supplied
3) Batt life
4) Cart life
5) Vapor production
6) Compare to similar units
7) Pros/cons list
8) Dance, dance, dance

Something to that effect... this will make everything simpler, and you'll be able to make the video more concise. Your video above would have been about 4-5 minutes.

Hope that helped. Again, it was all meant to be constructive, I think you guys did a good job!

SuperVaporBros

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Duluth, MN
Pretty cool, and good effort for the first time out.

I'll offer my opinions purely with the intent to help you on future productions... not to pick at you. Nothing said here should be taken negatively at all, just trying to help.

Ok, so what you guys did in almost ten minutes, could have been achieved in less than 5. You were rambling a bit, repeating the same thought multiple times, and would get hung up on some areas a bit too long. About 3 minutes on the atomizers for example.

You did good on bringing up the good, the bad, and alternatives (like dripping instead of using the crappy carts), and those were important points to bring up and use as a model for future reviews!

It felt a bit Penn & Teller honestly... and not in the "wow, those two are funny" kinda way. More in the "why is the little guy just sitting there, not talking" kinda way :) Strike a balance, and figure out who wants to cover what section before you turn the camera on so that each of you get equal screen time.

You were pretty fair and unbiased, so I would feel confident in taking your advice.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for not staring at a monitor the whole time. You looked into the camera, and that's one of my biggest pet-peeves on videos around here. People tend to watch their monitor (or camcorder screen) and rarely look into the lens (at the viewer) if at all.

Here are some suggestions to help you streamline the process, and make future videos more engaging:

Don't have bright light coming in from behind you (open window) because it imbalances the light, makes things in the foreground too dark, and is distracting.

Tape it in a room that is more pleasing to the eye. If it MUST be a bedroom... make the bed behind you :)

Tackle what topics you want to cover in each video. Make an outline of the sections, each of you pick the section you want to speak to, and write up a basic outline on a large posterboard. Tack up the posterboard BEHIND the camera to remind you of the next section so you are focused, not wandering around... and don't forget anything. Don't make it a cue card where you have to actually read it line for line, just make notes that serve as reminders.

ex:

1) Packaging/cost
2) What comes supplied
3) Batt life
4) Cart life
5) Vapor production
6) Compare to similar units
7) Pros/cons list
8) Dance, dance, dance

Something to that effect... this will make everything simpler, and you'll be able to make the video more concise. Your video above would have been about 4-5 minutes.

Hope that helped. Again, it was all meant to be constructive, I think you guys did a good job!

wow. Thank you for the advice. I felt like that all of it was very constructive and not attacking at all (no sarcasm, we really do appreciate it). To the comment about myself (the blond one) I rarely used the Blus which is why I had almost nothing to say. Check out the 901 review I believe it was done quite a bit better as far as back and forth with the two of us.

Thank you again,

SuperVaporBros

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I was roped in by the Blu ad also. If it weren't for the Blu banner ad I clicked I would probably not have tried the e-cig. If you want to wait for a month to get it go for it. I was waiting for the blu and got my 510. I then canceled the blu. From the sounds of it you should have too. About what I expected from an over marketed product.
I have to agree with the post by Bandit, thanks for putting this out there but some attention to detail and not so much rambling. But not bad for your first review. I would like to see the M401 compared to the Blu. I love my M401 and M403. Awesome devices for the size. I sometimes catch myself trying to flick the ash, but I hope that I don't try to throw it out the car window. lol...You guys should pick one up at LiteCigUsa.net. They have the best deal going for the M series. $36.00 starter kits. Cant beat that. I wonder if the blu PCC would charge the M series batteries.

Superfrk

Aug 18, 2009
I have a 510c and a Blu, The batts are interchangeable and since batts are interchangeable so are the attys, I actually like the fact I can use the Blue batts with a 510 atty and cart the draw is very good and its light weight and that combo is about the length of a 100. Currently I am waiting on another 510 Titan full kit to arrive my 510 only came with a screw in wall charger so its easy to pcket the two blu batts and have plenty of power to get me thru a work day (I use my 510 and whenthe batt dies I pop in a blu batt and keep on Vaporizing . Also I like the wall to USB adapter of the blu cig,its nice and sleek compared to the ones that come in the titan kits. Also the blu PCC will charge a 510 automatic battery surprisingly and the 510 atty and carts will fit in the blu PCC slots.

So if you got stuck with a 510 and are scared if an atty dies or a battery dies it will be hell getting a replacement in any reasonable time frame, or like the size but hate the cart (tin foil bull****) then atleat you know you can order a 510 batt or 510 atty and carts and vap away.

As far as Blu while IMHO the E-cig itself is not that bad, with the exception of those damned carts, and the accessories compared to other e-cigs are actually very well done, The company totally sucks because it took 1.5 months to finally get it,and the carts compare to maybe smoking 3-5 real cigs if that. The price is also higher than comparable better e-cigs, though I will say they could bring the price down by redesigning those crappy carts, and as stated the draw, throat hit etc... would probably be much better as a result, then it might would be a contender in the small e-cig class.

I also noticed they are very sensitive (the batts, but on a 510 atty and cart they actually do not have this issue.

Still though hope this helps those stuck with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread