Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I LOVE THE BLUE FOAM, and Im seeing the cart burning on my ego Mega and the blue foam is seen through the burnt area, its indestructible, well by my ego coil........if you like this method pick up a boge leo it's only designed/meant for carts (mini ego Mega lr306 look) I just put up a thread on boge and blue foam. You can't even use a CARTO
.........only meant for carts which pivot from the mouthpiece for proper bridge alignment . But again boge Leo carts use polyfill....... change to blue foam and you've gotta a massive bridge and wick..... awesome when converted to foam.

One thought CAN SOMEONE DESIGN A CERAMIC CART THAT WONT BURN WHEN TOUCHING THE COIL .......THIS WOULD BE HEAVEN !

rchriste

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2010
Colorado
Before using the blue foam, I was using those green scrubbing pads cause they were the right thickness for a 510 cart and doubled (two separate pieces) the right size for an eGo Mega XL cart. They were working much better for me than the stock fluval. Then two days after I started using the greenies (as we used to call them) I read about the blue foam. It's a little bit better than the greenie and I absolutely love it. I cut mine slightly longer than the cart so I get a solid connection to the fibers that run through the coil and I'm in hog heaven. I just wish I could get the foam as cheaply as the greenies. I paid a dollar for a 25 pack of greenies and they would have lasted 3 lifetimes.

I had read in several places that ppl were paying 8 bucks for the foam at petsmart. I was surprised when I got to my local petsmart and they wanted 11 bucks. I wonder if those petsmart people are either on to us or are wondering why there is a run on blue foam all of a sudden.

I went through a learning curve on getting them cut exactly right. Too tight and they don't load or flow as well. Too loose and they load very well but leak. I think I've got it nailed now though. I have yet to find anything too thick to flow nicely through the foam. Whoever thought of it... I couldn't possibly thank them enough.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Are you tapering your foam? Do you lay leo down flat? Wasting a lot of juice trying to get this foam working

I think I might just have this blue foam working. Tapered the foam smaller end down into cart about 1/3 bigger than cart on top. I keep the leo flat for first hour after that I can lay leo upright toward battery

Last edited:

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
If its a sleeve with one open end or more importantly says *bonded..... someone said its labeled u shaped. Then that's it. I'd walk in to a PETCO. Its a 3 sleeve package way more than you'll ever need unless your planning on reselling, jk. If thats bonded buy it, saves some waste cutting the 2 sides. I saw blue fluval which *isn't the bonded ....good stuff.

MrBobVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2009
Robert from Florida
is this the blue foam i need to get? i want to make sure i get the right one.
Marineland Rite-Size Filter Pads - Filter Media - Fish - PetSmart

NO.... You need this ( size U ):

Scan-101231-0001.jpg

Some tricks I do now with blue foam. Don't over fill the boge leo cart only put 20 drops in cart. More than that and it floods the atty once in a while. Clean the blue foam and dry off every couple of days with hot water

PERFECT--thanks, I'll try this Just figured my Leo, (got it for Christmas present to myself) just wasn't made for the blue foam. I'll try it this am

MrBobVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2009
Robert from Florida
is blue foam only for the carts to attys? can it be used in cartomizers? If atty only then i cant use it with a drip tip?

The foam goes in the cartridge and holds the liquid. You have to cut it so it fits in the cartridge snuggly but not too snug. Slightly loose but not too loose that it falls out. Just remove the poly fill so you can get an idea of what size to cut the blue foam to. The foam acts as a sponge to hold the liquid and replaces the standard poly fill that usually comes with the cartridges and (in my opinion) is superior to the regular poly fill because it holds the liquid better and wicks better for more consistent vapor production. Happy Vaping!!!

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
This is an old video I made for the blue foam promoting a different supplier before I opened up my website.
Doing it the way in this video lets the cartridge hold more liquid and it does not leak as much as shoving a long piece all the way in. The idea is to fold a small piece in half and just stick it in the tip.
Edit: can't post video for cursing in it.
do a youtube search for blue foam mod and your set.

Last edited:

~Milo~

Feb 22, 2011
USA
I kept flooding my atty, using blue foam, I just started to use about 1/4 pollyfill at the bottom and the rest blue foam. Still testing this method. Im get the great draw and wicking from the blue foam, and the pollyfill keeps the juice from flooding the atty.

Upon further review this method doesn't work very well, moving on...

Seemed to work well at first probably because juice was evenly distributed, afterwords, topping of on polyfill, with blue foam behind it, seemed the same as just having all polyfill.

Last edited:

MrBobVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2009
Robert from Florida
I take my tweezers and kind of cram or stuff the blue foam down into the cartridge so it's about 1/8" or so below the top then I add my liquid and stop at the first sign of saturation or puddling. Then I take my tweezers again and gently pull up on the foam so it is even or flush with the top of the cartridge which soaks up the extra juice that I added. My atty never floods doing it this way. Seems to work best for me. Happy Vaping All!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread