Bobas bounty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Sure hope we get some first impression taste reviews soon!
I've been using the "reintroduced" Bobas for several days now. It was very good right out of the box (mix date 2-2-18) and it's getting better every day. Just like the old days, it's a bit on the bright side when freshly mixed and the moist, dark, goodness is slowly coming in. I'm starting to get the warm, raisin, bran(ish) notes. Right now I'm using a single SS316 coil at 1.2 ohms in an SXK Doggy Style MTL tank in TC mode. Wattage is set at 20.5 and temp is at 280F. This is on an eVic VTC Dual running in single battery config. It's been a while since I had a fresh batch of the Original original, but so far it's just as I remember it from way back. I'm know the terms I'm using for the flavor notes I'm getting are pretty subjective, but I'm just trying to describe them as accurately as I can. We'll know it's REALLY back if everyone that tries it has a completely different opinion.:(:)Not sure if it means anything, but I've got another 100ml on the way! I've also got my first squonk mod on the way w/a good MTL RDA to go with it. I think that dripping/squonking will be where it REALLY shines.
Charles

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I've been using the "reintroduced" Bobas for several days now. It was very good right out of the box (mix date 2-2-18) and it's getting better every day. Just like the old days, it's a bit on the bright side when freshly mixed and the moist, dark, goodness is slowly coming in. I'm starting to get the warm, raisin, bran(ish) notes. Right now I'm using a single SS316 coil at 1.2 ohms in an SXK Doggy Style MTL tank in TC mode. Wattage is set at 20.5 and temp is at 280F. This is on an eVic VTC Dual running in single battery config. It's been a while since I had a fresh batch of the Original original, but so far it's just as I remember it from way back. I'm know the terms I'm using for the flavor notes I'm getting are pretty subjective, but I'm just trying to describe them as accurately as I can. We'll know it's REALLY back if everyone that tries it has a completely different opinion.:(:)Not sure if it means anything, but I've got another 100ml on the way! I've also got my first squonk mod on the way w/a good MTL RDA to go with it. I think that dripping/squonking will be where it REALLY shines.
Charles

The first positive review and even a mention of a reordered 100ml. You sir are a national hero and a horder too!

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I've been vaping unflavored DIY for YEARS, but you folks have me wanting to order some just to see what all the fuss is about. LOL

I hope you all find what you are looking for. :)

If Boba's Bounty is indeed found, stuff like Excalibur become a mere story about a knife.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
My order arrives on Monday -- and I'm stoked. It's the only juice I've bought since switching to DIY.
That's funny. Same here. I haven't bought juice in several years. Just couldn't let this go by. Fond memories.
Charles

P.S. Here's a pic of the magic elixir in an SXK Doggy Style tank. I should have taken a pic the minute I filled the tank. It's steeping/ambering nicely.
downloadfile-40.jpeg

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
That's funny. Same here. I haven't bought juice in several years. Just couldn't let this go by. Fond memories.
Charles

P.S. Here's a pic of the magic elixir in an SXK Doggy Style tank. I should have taken a pic the minute I filled the tank. It's steeping/ambering nicely.
View attachment 718783
Color looks good. ...do you hear it? 2012 just called and wants it's drip tip back. [emoji38] .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
The first positive review and even a mention of a reordered 100ml. You sir are a national hero and a horder too!
Just got the mail. Sadly, I'll probably use it all before I have time to do any real hoarding. I have committed to letting this steep until my new Squonk box and RDA arrive in a couple of weeks. It should be REALLY good by then. This bottle smells just like the first, so I think Bobas really is back. I fully believe Bobas is at it's best when dripped (or squonked, I hope). While Bobas is an incredible treat, I've become far to accustomed to DIY prices to go back to paying for liquid full time. It sure is cool to the same dark green bottles again, though. Probably just paranoid, but I'm going to shake well and split into smaller bottles. Lots less likely to spill four bottles at one time.
Charles
downloadfile-29.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread