Status
Not open for further replies.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I am pretty rough on 510 ego atty's so I went to the boge leo based on how well rated their atty was. My first atty lasted a week. Was it just me?

My second one is almost 2 weeks old. Doing a little cleaning this time. Every 3 days I soak for 15 minutes in mouthwash then run under hot water for a couple of minutes. I let air dry overnite. It vapes like new. Plus even when my cart runs dry the taste is gone but no burnt taste at all

Shady Grady

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
South Carolina
I've been wondering about the life span of Leo attys as well. My first one lasted 17 days. I used it in rotation with my Egos. I only drip on the Leo atty and let it sit overnight upside down. I've done this with 510 and 801 attys and had them last for months. I love everything about the Leo and it could easily be my main PV, however buying an atty every week or two seems unreasonable. I just started on a new Leo atty today. I'll keep you posted. It would be great if others could chime in on their experience with the Leo attys. While I really love the Leo, if the attys don't last I don't think I'll continue to use it.

jtpjc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Netherlands
I have four Leo atomizers. Two of them I received with my Leo (I have two batteries) and they were no good. Burnt taste all along, even when dripping. My provider sent me totally free two new atomizers. These were a little better, but still bad. I had to keep them upright (mouth piece up) to get one or two good vapes. But boy, these vapes were good! Last night I cleaned two of them. First in boiling hot water with denture cleaner (warning: that gives the outside golden shine a lot of ehm... character, so only use this for a couple of minutes), cleaned them with hot tap water, then put them in alcohol ("jenever," which is 35 percent alcohol) and then in boiling hot water. Let them dry overnight on a radiator. This morning I dry burned them but it still took them an hour of constantly vaping to get them going again. But now they are perfect. Right now the other two are soaking in alcohol. I am finally a happy Leo addict.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Right this moment I'm vaping the first prototype of my tank mod for the Leo... I still have some unexpected leaks to deal with, but other than that... so far so good... Vapor production is really good and the lower resistance coil I have in there makes this thing even better!

Grady, I got your pm and I'll respond tomorrow... I spent a lot of time in the workshop tonight because I'm on a mission... I'll keep you all posted, even if I hit a brick wall and fail.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Right this moment I'm vaping the first prototype of my tank mod for the Leo... I still have some unexpected leaks to deal with, but other than that... so far so good... Vapor production is really good and the lower resistance coil I have in there makes this thing even better!

Grady, I got your pm and I'll respond tomorrow... I spent a lot of time in the workshop tonight because I'm on a mission... I'll keep you all posted, even if I hit a brick wall and fail.

Good luck...sure hope it works

Mobius_13

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Hanover, PA
I've been using my Leo for 10 days now with same atty and battery. I ordered spares just in case though. I haven't cleaned or even blown out my atty and it's still working like it had when it was brand new. I drip and when I change flavors I just vape until I get that burned taste, meaning it needs more liquid and drip a new flavor on. With in a few vapes the old flavor is out.

I use it a lot too. It's practically glued to my face, lol. Right now I'm using three different flavors. I have more on the way, but for now I use, menthol from freshsmoking, vanilla bean from BWB, and high caliber banana mania from litecigusa. So maybe its not so much of a cleaning issue as it faulty hardware. Maybe certain juices are harder on them too.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I've been using my Leo for 10 days now with same atty and battery. I ordered spares just in case though. I haven't cleaned or even blown out my atty and it's still working like it had when it was brand new. I drip and when I change flavors I just vape until I get that burned taste, meaning it needs more liquid and drip a new flavor on. With in a few vapes the old flavor is out.

I use it a lot too. It's practically glued to my face, lol. Right now I'm using three different flavors. I have more on the way, but for now I use, menthol from freshsmoking, vanilla bean from BWB, and high caliber banana mania from litecigusa. So maybe its not so much of a cleaning issue as it faulty hardware. Maybe certain juices are harder on them too.

With dripping which I am not doing you are getting the right amount of juice and you are running it dry so you dont need to clean it out. I cant drip as I spend too much time driving. Dripping and driving is a no no.

Mobius_13

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Hanover, PA
With dripping which I am not doing you are getting the right amount of juice and you are running it dry so you dont need to clean it out. I cant drip as I spend too much time driving. Dripping and driving is a no no.

That does make sense. I hear you about dripping and driving. I've tried it and its not the easiest thing to do. Good thing I don't travel much.

bettyboop

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
Somerset,Pa
I can't actually say I have had the Leo atty fail , but The first gold atty is now pitiful wimpy vapor..one black same situation. and the 3rd has a harsh metal taste.
I just started a forth and I have to say this all reminds me of the 302 atty that is outstanding at first then wimps out after a week !!!!! I expected way more for this model. I ordered from a supplier that has a 90day warranty but we all know if the atty doesnt go cold completely what can we do...

I just keep my Ego and carto's at hand, and use that when I get too frustrated with my new friend

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I can't actually say I have had the Leo atty fail , but The first gold atty is now pitiful wimpy vapor..one black same situation. and the 3rd has a harsh metal taste.
I just started a forth and I have to say this all reminds me of the 302 atty that is outstanding at first then wimps out after a week !!!!! I expected way more for this model. I ordered from a supplier that has a 90day warranty but we all know if the atty doesnt go cold completely what can we do...

I just keep my Ego and carto's at hand, and use that when I get too frustrated with my new friend

You got nothing to lose. Rinse them hot water under faucet. Let them dry over night. It brings mine back to life

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Is this possible I just checked the atty I have been using since the 13th of dec that I have been cleaning every 3 days with mouth wash. When I started with the atty the ohm's test was 2.9 and I just tested it now reads 1.8. I tested my other leo atty
s that are new or used just a couple of times they read 2.9-3.1. This atty that is reading at 1.8 vapes great

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Is this possible I just checked the atty I have been using since the 13th of dec that I have been cleaning every 3 days with mouth wash. When I started with the atty the ohm's test was 2.9 and I just tested it now reads 1.8. I tested my other leo atty
s that are new or used just a couple of times they read 2.9-3.1. This atty that is reading at 1.8 vapes great

Keep your eye an it and toss it when it starts to get to 1.6, that's heading south and it will damage your battery if it gets much below 1.5...

At the moment, I'm vaping a Leo with a modded atty... Kind of... I put a 510 connector down in there so I could build a tank that uses the CE2 as the heat source. That leaked badly, so for grins I put a 1.7ohm 510 boge carto in there... holy cow, it works amazingly well!

If you want to send me that atty when it gets too low to use, I'll pop a 510 connector in there and you can see for yourself, just cover the postage and the cost of the connector.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Keep your eye an it and toss it when it starts to get to 1.6, that's heading south and it will damage your battery if it gets much below 1.5...

At the moment, I'm vaping a Leo with a modded atty... Kind of... I put a 510 connector down in there so I could build a tank that uses the CE2 as the heat source. That leaked badly, so for grins I put a 1.7ohm 510 boge carto in there... holy cow, it works amazingly well!

If you want to send me that atty when it gets too low to use, I'll pop a 510 connector in there and you can see for yourself, just cover the postage and the cost of the connector.

Yes send me your address and I will send it off. If this atty is going bad my life span with these is horible. First one 6 days this one is at about 20 days now

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I wrote this for some of my Leo users. Please take this with a grain of salt:

The atomizer of the Leo can also be cleaned. You may notice after several weeks that the taste isn't right with the atomizer or vapor production changes, or that the 'hit' becomes too hot. This is because layers of different flavored juice have wet, dried, wet again, dried again on the electronic atomizer components. With the heating/cooling action those juices may have caked on there pretty good. You may also notice the performance isn't the same. Cleaning is simple:

1 remove atomizer from the battery.
2 run atomizer under very hot water for a few minutes. You can even soak the atomizer in alcohol for a couple hours. If using alcohol, rinse with hot water after soaking.
3 blow out all the water you can from the atomizer. I like to use an air compressor set to 80PSI. If just blowing out dry with your mouth it is recommended to let the atomizer dry upside down over night. Using an air compressor speeds all that up and gets out 95% of the water trapped inside.
4. Once dried (or air compressored), prime the atomizer with 2-3 drops of a light flavored ecig juice. Try not to use a heavy flavor or thick VG juice. Plain PG is the best. Drip those 2-3 drops right onto the atomizer.
5 dry burn the juice you dripped inside. Do this by attaching the atomizer onto the battery without a cartridge, and activate the battery so as to heat up the elements inside the atomizer. Do this until the coil inside the atomizer turns a glowing orange, then STOP. Let cool (blow out vapor). Repeat the process until most of the sizzling and popping sounds stop and it is a nice, smooth sizzing. The popping sounds is the water droplets superheating and exploding. When the popping almost stops and it becomes that nice, low pitch sizzle it is ready.
6 at this time insert your 302/801 cartridge and begin to vape. DO NOT worry if the vapor it produces is minimal at first. This is normal and the vapor production will go back to normal within 30 minutes of use. Letting the atomizer dry completely over night usually avoids this and the atomizer goes right into vaping nicely. Having a second atomizer to use while the first is drying, is helpful but not necessary if you time it right to dry while you're sleeping.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I've done this to all my Leo attys with no issues yet. 2 of my Leo attys are from October 2010. I had one that was working too hot for me. It was brand new. I did this cleaning on it and it worked fantastic after that. One key thing is I never let my cartridges get empty. I pretty much refill them when they are half way empty. The few I did let go lower began to shrink the polyfill. I'm thinking the juice wasn't wicking fast enough for my vaping habit.

I've also noticed, just today, that one of my cappuccino flavors I bought back in July was giving my Leo atty a real bad taste. A nasty burnt taste. It must have turned because I used it a lot back in October. It's not Dekang, rather one called "Piedmont". Bought it off a vendor going out of business. It was good till this month. Oh well. I got it real cheap. Still, gave a horrible taste. Didn't realize it was the juice till I tried the cartridge in two different atties. Soon, they both tasted horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread