Leo First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
Ok so after 2 1/2 weeks of my new leo sitting at home in Texas and me being in Africa, I finally have gotten home and get to try the Leo. I have been vaping on it for just a few hours so keep in mind the Atty may not be broke in very well. I am vaping on Liquid Express PG HFCT @ 26MG. Purchased my Leo from www.valuevapor.com

I am going to base my reveiw off of the following:
Scale of 1 to 5. 1 being least impressive and 5 being unbelievalbe.

First Impression:

Vapor - 2 / From all the praise I was expecting TonsO>apor but I get about the same as I get with my DSE 901 with LR atty.

TH - 4 pushing 5 / Very noticable So no complaints on this.

Flavor - 3 / Not sure again if it is the atty that needs more break in time. But the flavor is there just not as high as I was expecting with all the praise I have been reading on this thing.

Looks and Construction - 5 / Pretty cool looking, Seems to be pretty solid on the construction. Also the value vapor kit and spare batteries come with the flat black end cap that screws over the usb charge end. Instead of the jewel. I think I like this cap because the Leo can be stood vertical with Cartridge end up.

I will follow up with a reveiw on the battery after using it for a while to see how long the battery hold out before recharge is needed.

EDIT 1:
OK so I began using my Leo at around 6:30 this morning. I have been vaping all day with 1 battery. I have figured it up if I subtract the minutes that I have not had the Leo in my hand vaping, I have been vaping with this for a total of 10 1/4 hours as of 7:30PM hours. It still seems to be going strong battery wise. I have switched betweern 2 cartridges not because they were empty but just trying a different flavor. As far as the flavor I still rate it at 3, the atty still has not kicked in as everyone says. The flavor is still about the same if not slightly less than my DSE 901. Also I am not sure which ohm Atty I have but I am thinking it is the standard atty.
I have ordered 2 from vapor junction that they show as 2.5ohm, so i am hoping these will prove to be better. should have these by Wednesday. I will follow up with another Edit later when I get those. On the Vapor I am going to have to up my rating from 2 to 4. The Leo has began producing quit a bit more vapor. If I had to guess it is probably slightly more than my DSE 901.

Last edited:

Mobius_13

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Hanover, PA
Thanks for your review. Honest and thorough. It should help out anyone looking to buy a Leo. With mine the vapor seems pretty decent, but I don't have a lot of experience with other PV's. Only my M401. I can say flavor is better with my M401, but vapor production is better with my Leo. My favorite thing about the Leo is the battery life. I've been using 2 batteries for a month and a half, swaping out whenever one needs charged and they give me right around 8 hours of use each, still.

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
No problem, I am still hoping that the Atty's that I purchesed from vapor junction will bring the flavor to life. otherwise all the praise that the Leo has been getting on flavor reveiws is inaccurate in my opinion. Unless it is just the juice I am using, but that would be 2 juice flavors that I am using and getting very little flavor. Thinking it is not the juice, but may be the atty. I do however love the fact that I have not had to charge this thing yet, and it is still going strong. I think I may try some fruity flavor to see if the Atty multiplies that flaovr. It may be the juice as I said. I have used the liquid xpress, HFCT and Taboo. I will try the fruity flavor and come back if there is a difference in the taste.

Mobius_13

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Hanover, PA
I use Madvapes top vapor and I get a lot of flavor from that. Some of my favorites are, Chocolate fudge bavarian cream, coffee, cheese cake, caramel cream, and cherry blossom. Madvapes juices are pretty cheap too and offer nice sample sizes. I also like Back Woods Brew, but those flavors are naturally subtle, just how they're made. Great tobacco flavors though.

Renro

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
New England
Hi Mobius,

The day i got my Leo, I experienced goodness right from the start. But it quickly went to blah. I actually went back to using my SmokeTip for a few days.

BUT, I set my atomizers in %100 vodka for a couple hours, rinsed with very hot (not boiling water) using a bottle method to power push the water through, and then left them to dry over the weekend while I was gone.

When I came back, I filled up a new cart, inserted it into a cleaned atomizer with a freshly charged battery, making sure that the filler reached just up to the top of the cart - and BAM! World of difference.

I never had any trouble with a burned taste or flooding or lack of taste, and the atomizers looked pristine when I got them, but for some reason, the cleaning made it into a new unit.

The draw is easy, the vapor is like you read about and the taste is detailed. From my experience, I had a bit of a learning curve as far as wicking and amount of drops and adjusting the filler. It took about a week but now, it is infinitely better and a definite keeper for me.

One helpful thing I came across today is highping's cart mod which has made a world of difference in the wicking and therefor vapor production consistency. It's super easy and worth a try.

I hope you find that after a week, your experience will improve dramatically, as mine has. Please keep us posted and best of luck.

Oh and I purchased mine from Vapor junction - my customer service rep Travis supplied a ton of useful information and tips.

I am using BWB 70/30 and gourmet vapor 60/40. I've never had trouble with lack of taste, just the opposite, it seems like too much at times.

Last edited:

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
Ok so I am getting a little flustered with my Leo. I am getting crap loads of vapor, but the flavor just doesnt come out. If anyone has any Ideas please give em to me. I am using liquid xpress HFCT at 26MG PG base. With all the reviews this juice has I am not quit sure what the deal is. Then I went to liquid xpress taboo 26MG PG base, and still little to no flavor. The only taste coming through is kind of a stale tabacco taste.

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
You could also use this syringe kit (with a rubber cone that will hold a cartomizer or atomizer) from Walmart for about $1.76. Then you can plunge water back and forth through the carto or atty. Works great and would save you from getting out the drill to drill a hole into a soda bottle cap.

syringe.jpg

OK So I tried this and This has helped quit a bit. I am now tasting a slight honey/sweet tabacco flavor everyone says was there. The Leo Atty Is a liitle hard to get in there but I finally did. I think I may try the bottle method mentioned.

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
Have you tried any other e-liquid brands on the Leo or tried those ones that aren't getting flavor on the Leo on another PV?

Ok so I tried my dse901 and it has to be the juice I am using. The flavor is just not there. I cleaned my leo atty and I could taste a faint flavor but nothing of what I expected. I am going to get some sweetener and try and sweeten the juice up just a tad and see if that does the trick other wise I am slightly disappointed with this juice. I was expecting more of a sweet flavor.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to what flavors they have used that have a sweet flavor to them. I like the tobacco flvaor, but just want a sweet flavor to go along with it. Kinda like a swisher sweet cigar, is what i was hoping to find in a vape juice. Iff anyone has any ideas please share. I am still looking for my favorite vape, but have yet to come across it.

Has anyone tried the Lecig marlboro cartomisers in the past. If so that is the flavor I am looking for. Using the cartos from Lecig on my KR808D-2 ecig when I had that was a good sweet tobacco flavor, but cannot seem to find a duplicate of that flavor. Also I know that Le cig sales the Marlboro juice, but I am wondering if it would taste the same or better in an atomiser? If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Though I don't prefer the tobacco flavors, I have tried the USA blend from Dekang with the Leo and found it smooth and just a hint of sweetness. I just prefer the coffee flavors over anything, some of the fruit ones aren't bad. I had tried some of the flavors from Vapesafe.com and they were pretty good in the Leo. Though Meridian seemed to be a bit thick.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I just orderd a metric ..... load of juice from Boge. I've got like 20 flavors to try, mostly the coffee and fruit flavors. So far some really good flavors in the Leo are cocoa, coffee, cappuccino, shaddock (a mix of lime and pear), cherry and my new favorite, Caramel. Watermelon wasn't bad, either... like the watery juice on the plate after eating a few slices.

Ones I'm not fond of are strawberry (kind of week tasting) and pomegranate.

Ones I still have to try: Mango, kiwi, chocolate, and a few others I can't remember.

All my juices are 11mg, 100%PG. I'll add about 10% VG when the bottles get low enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread