Bottom feeder fan- not excited by Reo. Am I insane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraebk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Ca
I think I may have a very unpopular opinion and was wondering if anyone else has ever felt this way.

Waiting for my GLV3 (dream mod!), I got all excited, saw a Reo in the classifieds and grabbed it up- cheap. I was really looking forward to it but honestly, I am not really thrilled with it.

Don't get me wrong, the device itself is in great shape, exactly as described and the vendor was super attentive, fast and helpful. But....

I'm going to sound SO spoiled here... But the button is small and jabby and so resistant it feels uncomfortable. The juice delivery isn't as smooth as I had anticipated.

I'll be honest, it is highly likely I am doing something wrong- I am not that good with the 'lectronix...

but it seems to be a "flood the bottom of the atty with juice and hope some soaks in" set up. Nothing wrong with that, but thats what my Vapage mod does. But the Vapage feels more comfy in my hand, is way cheaper brand new-- but gets minimal respect on the boards.

The hit off the Reo feels strong, but I feel like I am always running dry. The Atty feels like it is not getting enough juice - or it is totally flooded. I chalked this up to a learning curve for me, but I can't get a single hit in the middle zone at all. I feel I am always inches away from a nice vape hit, and never getting it. I find myself putting it down and grabbing just about anything else. The Reo has moved to a kind of low position on my Mod hierarchy.

Whats the point of my post? Well, am I crazy? The only one? Has anyone else tried the Reo? What are your experiences? Given that mine is used, am I doing anything wrong ie. set-up/atty, anything? Does the juice just spurt into the well and your atty sucks it up as best it can? Do I need a special atty, or is there one kind that works better than another (like the Vapage does work best with it's own...)?
thanks!

LKS

Parmacrafter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Parma, Idaho, USA
First thing to know is that you DO NOT need to mash the button. You actually have to hardly push like 1/8th inch. Also you should squeeze the bottle just until you see some juice in the cup and take a dry hit (without pushing the button) to draw that juice into the atty. Then push the button and take your hit. You can also take the rubber piece off the plunger of a 3mil syringe and place that on the button to make it softer. Also, make sure your button is turned all the way to the left.

Check out the Reo forum section. Tons of info there. Don't give up.

Reos Mods

Last edited:

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Hi, I'm sorry that you are not loving your REO. Don't feel bad, there is a learning curve. If you'd like, there are tons of experienced REO vapers who would be thrilled to help troubleshoot your issues, over in the REO forum. Reos Mods

To me it sounds like the atty and your "squonking" technique, but I can't tell without more info. There are lots of posts on the REO forum about different attys and cartos and their characteristics when feeding. Please come by. :)

Also, no, you are not the only one :): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-have-profess-reo-love-least-immediately.html

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
So many mash that button down really hard. Just hold the atty up to your ear and touch the button lightly, you will hear how fast it fires. Not much of a touch needed.
The atty or cartos grab that juice really good when you give a little squonk (push) on the bottle. To help it along draw on it while squonking. Again not too much needed.
As far as holding your REO can be a challenge at first. Try different ways, using your fingers on the bottom and pushing the button with my thumb is one of my favorites.
Hope you find more pleasure and less frustration as you explore and learn just how good a REO can be!

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, likes and dislikes. There are many different mods and set-ups available for vaping today, and I am grateful for that. The one good thing about the REO, is that you can post it in the classifieds and it WILL sell fast. I prefer the REOS for their durability, and of course Rob, their creator. He stands behind every mod he makes. In my experience, his customer service is the best.

sheryder

ECF Veteran
Sometimes the button requires a cleaning followed by the application of the noalox. When mine was dirty I noticed I was pushing the button harder than normal. The cleaning worked and listening for the "firing" of the atomizer as noted by nerak above will let you know when it fires. Shouldn't need pushing hard. It is much easier and satisfying for ME to use cartomizers (Boge 2.0) rather than atomizers. Just don't get the hang of atomizers for good consistent vaping.

That being said...not everyone will love every mod and the resale value on it will be good if you decide to sell it. Before you make any decision I also suggest a visit to the Reo forum. Lots of helpful people there if you want help with the mod. Whatever you do I wish you a successful vape experience.

lauraebk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Ca
Thanks everyone!
I do notice that the amt that I need to push the button down varies, sometimes just a hair (like the Vmod) and sometimes all the way. I didn't think about cleaning it- maybe that will help!

and I do agree that I am SO lucky to even have this dilemma... My awesome mod might be a little less awesome than I dreamed? Poor me!

Sometimes the button requires a cleaning followed by the application of the noalox. When mine was dirty I noticed I was pushing the button harder than normal. The cleaning worked and listening for the "firing" of the atomizer as noted by nerak above will let you know when it fires. Shouldn't need pushing hard. It is much easier and satisfying for ME to use cartomizers (Boge 2.0) rather than atomizers. Just don't get the hang of atomizers for good consistent vaping.

That being said...not everyone will love every mod and the resale value on it will be good if you decide to sell it. Before you make any decision I also suggest a visit to the Reo forum. Lots of helpful people there if you want help with the mod. Whatever you do I wish you a successful vape experience.

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
I just recently got a hog mod and my girlfriend got a reo mini. I was expecting this spectacular mod that would just blow every other mod out the water. Thinking that my hog would not come close to reo I was just waiting for my woman to start picking on me for having the superior mod. Well, it got here and I just gotta say, in my own opinion, I do not see what all the hype is. It's awesome looking, really well made but nothing what it is made out to be.

Anyways, to answer your question, no, you are not alone..

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
Patience is a must with new Reo. When I first got mine I was not thrilled at all. Kept at it and used the Reo forum where I learned how to squonk the correct way and learned how to use the 306 atty and all is great now, but there were days that I wanted to throw in the hat. Like I said patience and experience were the keys to vaping bliss.

DawnH

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
Ozarks in Arkansas
I could not agree more about reading the Reo forum! My thumb was killing me after a day of use, pushing that button down so hard! LOL But now I have no questions, because they were all answered over there. I was never a direct dripping fan before my REO but I gotta say, I really love this cute little thing! I tried the cartomizer on it, but prefer a 306 or 510 atty. Thanks everyone, for all the tips, tricks, and answering everyone's questions!

fishface

Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Scranton PA
i have the reo and the vmod xl and think its easier to feed the reo
cant seem to get the tipping thing down squeeze right on the xl
also the plastic dual coil cartos wont fit, and with the restricted air flow the xl does not suit my style of vaping

no your not insane you like what works for you
its great we have so many options so we can get what works for each of us
good luck finding your personal vaping grail

Icig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Idaho
I am looking to purchase a mini but am not sure as i heard it can leak when layer side ways... i have the vmod 2.0 and its great side ways and upside down and all kinds of ways it hasn't leaked...also the new vmod which is the 2.0 will work with any atty...even 306...seems like it uses a lot of juice though....idk

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
I am looking to purchase a mini but am not sure as i heard it can leak when layer side ways... i have the vmod 2.0 and its great side ways and upside down and all kinds of ways it hasn't leaked...also the new vmod which is the 2.0 will work with any atty...even 306...seems like it uses a lot of juice though....idk

The only way it will "leak" is if you leave the catch cup full of juice. I pocket it all the time with no issue, just make sure your catch up isnt full. Its a great mod, and a great feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread