Bottom feeder fan- not excited by Reo. Am I insane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
If you are getting inconsistent feeding, you may want to remove the o-ring from the bottle cap and re-seat it - just get the o-ring started in the threads and screw the bottle back on until it's snug. A light press of the bottle while drawing on the atty or carto (without firing) until you hear a gurgle or feel some resistance should be just about the right amount of juice. As mentioned previously, the REO subforum is an excellent resource. Hope you get it working just right for you!

taphandle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Yes

Well what's insane how ridiculously easy it is to set up and use my new Mini Reo.

I've been vaping about 3 months, worked my way thru the Buzz and into the Provari, and while I am happy with everything I have so far, nothing is simple and nothing comes without some kind of mess. I looked bottom feeders and they seemed to be even more complicated, I mean they mosty used attys and I just plain suck at dealing with atomizors. The more I read how great the bottome feeders are, I had to give in. I got the Reo due to all the praise they get here.

What no one has really mentioned is how simple a device it is, both in design and function. To set up and use is virtually a no brainer and the learning curve to feed juice to the atty took no time at all and not one drop of juice spilled. I was quite supprised how simple it was and that I was using an atty and it was actually working the way it is supposed to, I felt like I had graduated to a new level in vaping.

I can't speak for the other bottom feeders, but the Reo Mini is a simple mod that any novice should be able to master with ease. It's a winner in my book for sure.

Take it easy-n-at,
Jeff

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
. I didn't think about cleaning it- maybe that will help!

So. Did it help? I had to give my REO Mini a bath recently - and I had to replace a bottle as well (I have about a zillion of those 3 ml bottles around - super cheap at several vendors to have as many as you want).

It was mentioned that Rob is making some button covers to make the button more comfortable for those who find it uncomfortable or who suffer arthritis etc. -- There are a couple of people on ECF who make button covers for just about any device with a raised button and I have occasionally seen REO button covers in the classifieds. You might post a WTB (want to buy) in the classifieds and see if you can come up with one.

Someone also mentioned that maybe you should try out a cartomizer on your REO. -- I think that was excellent advice. While getting through the learning curve of blind-squonking, a carto is very forgiving and won't end up filling the juice well with juice. And, there is the benefit of the carto holding a ml or so of juice fresh filled, so your total carry-around capacity increases by a ml or so when you start out the day with a full bottle and a full carto.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
But the Vapage feels more comfy in my hand, is way cheaper brand new-- but gets minimal respect on the boards.
Hey I LOVE my Vapage VMod XL :D!!
246jb0p.jpg

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
Hey I LOVE my Vapage VMod XL :D!!
246jb0p.jpg

Hey, that looks insanely wild! I know someone who has one and they had a few problems with it (like not being able to fit an Io6 without and adapter) and having to squonk while in a horizontal position. There ARE advantages to the reo, but it's not really too hot on ergonomics...

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Hey, that looks insanely wild! I know someone who has one and they had a few problems with it (like not being able to fit an Io6 without and adapter) and having to squonk while in a horizontal position. There ARE advantages to the reo, but it's not really too hot on ergonomics...
Thanks Pega :). I've only had my VMod for a month, so I'm still usng the cartos that came with it and they work like a charm. You could call me a bottom feeder noob :). I know nothing about an Io6. What is it, a new carto or atty? Anyway, best place for questons about the VMod XL would probably be on their XL thread here .

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Vmod works beautifully with an i06 --- as we now have i06 sleeves! No tinkering or moding required.

It continues to amaze me that it is difficult or a problem to move a pv to a horizontal position. My favorite is to just relax in a lounge chair and never need to feed/squeeze or squank at all as it occurs naturally. I get more annoyed with the squanker models!

We are all different. Good thing there is lots of choices.

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
It's an atty :)

Thanks Pega :). I've only had my VMod for a month, so I'm still usng the cartos that came with it and they work like a charm. You could call me a bottom feeder noob :). I know nothing about an Io6. What is it, a new carto or atty? Anyway, best place for questons about the VMod XL would probably be on their XL thread here .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread