Bought a pack of analogs this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent most of last week and all weekend with my e-cigs (had a few analogs on friday but gave the pack away). I'm starting to think it's not the nicotine I'm addicted to, it's the throat hit (and maybe something else; I noticed I was still going through some kind of withdrawal symptoms even when mixing up my 6mg-18mg juices). Sucked on my e-cigs until I got dizzy but I never felt like I had enough of whatever it was. I have four batteries and had to recharge all of them 2-3 times a day because I was using them so much.

I ordered some 0 nic juice to see if that changes anything; maybe I just need to "have" a cig itself without any of the other stuff in it.

Here's to hopin'. :(

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
You are going through withdrawl symptoms from all the other 4,000 chemicals in the analogs. You just have to keep on trucking with vaping and it EVENTUALLY goes away for the most part. Many people don't understand this and think they need MORE nicotine and then get that dizzy stuff like you are talking about because they OD'd on nic. I never once upped my nic when going through this. Just vaped more maybe, and I have lowered my nic since starting to vape and I only started out on 11 mgs. You just have to be strong and understand that you are withdrawing from the other chemicals.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Spent most of last week and all weekend with my e-cigs (had a few analogs on friday but gave the pack away). I'm starting to think it's not the nicotine I'm addicted to, it's the throat hit (and maybe something else; I noticed I was still going through some kind of withdrawal

Come closer, let me smack you - WHACK!!!!! Throw them analogs away!

Analogs to e-cigs is a major change to your system. Withdrawal symptoms will be unavoidable (IMHO). You might be feeling bad because you're vaping too much. We all do it at first. Try to live with the withdrawal as much as possible. It will get better over time. Find something to take your mind off it.

Good luck

ISAWHIM

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
www.isawhim.com
For the longest time, I was addicted to the restricted breathing and tightening of the throat, in addition to the nicotine and the actual toke. I don't recall how I got over the breathing restriction thing, but I did...

Eventually, after stopping smoking as much, my breathing was back to normal. (Not as restricted as before, but not as free-flowing as when I was smoking a full pack a day.)

Don't go cold, ease into it. Once you are not vaping like you are smoking, you should notice more of a balance. From the sounds of it... you are trying to smoke your vaporizer, not vape with it. 7mg or 0mg will help as you get into vaping.

In the end, you may end-up using higher doses for mixing, or because you are truly vaping, and only using 1/4 of the liquid as you are now.

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
I've been flapping around analogs AND e-cigs for a couple of months now.

There is totally something else in those analogs that my body NEEDS/WANTS. Luckily I've managed to cut down, down to less than 5 analogs a day after being a pack a day smoker for 24 years.
One of these days I'll give up those analogs - but I'm not beating myself up over it.

(PSsssss I didn't have my morning analog today!)

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
D.E i do think that it is more than the nicotine that keeps you wanting an analog.
It took me about a week to go analog free. The way i got through it was the fact that i'd just spent $90.00 on the 901 and 3 weeks of supplies that i didn't have the money to spend on analogs. After a few weeks i tried a Marl from a guy at work .... blaaaa.

As wildsky said ... don't beat yourself up over it. That does you no good at all. Take things at your own pace. The first one in the morning, after eating. They are the hard ones. If you can cut back to just them few then that's a good thing.

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Personally, I believe they put much more insidious stuff than nicotine in cigarettes to keep you hooked. I haven't smoked a cigarette since 1996 but I still remember the craving of not having one and how hard it is to deal with the withdrawal that begins so quickly.

I still like my nicotine but I've gotten it from cigars since I quit the cigarettes. Going without a cigar for an hour or a day or a week isn't that big of a deal which makes me think nicotine isn't the supremely addictive demon it's made out to be. I find that vaping is a perfect substitute for cigars and haven't bothered to have a puff of real tobacco since putting the 801 into service last week.

OTOH, my wife who is a pack-a-day cigarette smoker, is not seeing things in the same way. She will have a much more difficult time of it.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I would like to add to the list of folks saying you shouldn't beat yourself up over this. The model of addiction that has entered our society through the AA model and the guilt over the slip up has derailed more detox attempts than it has helped IMO. Having a relapse (even that term is loaded) is part of the process and if you look at it as having failed and start feeling guilty you have an excuse to keep smoking. Put the pack on your shelf and hit a couple a day if you need to. Cutting back is an accomplishment not a failure. The way I look at my situation right now is in the short week I have been vaping I have gone from a carton a week to a pack a week and when my habits change more toward the vaping that should go down even more. If not I will smell better, live longer and spend less on a pack a week than I would have on the cartons.

MoonMan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
I would like to add to the list of folks saying you shouldn't beat yourself up over this. The model of addiction that has entered our society through the AA model and the guilt over the slip up has derailed more detox attempts than it has helped IMO. Having a relapse (even that term is loaded) is part of the process and if you look at it as having failed and start feeling guilty you have an excuse to keep smoking. Put the pack on your shelf and hit a couple a day if you need to. Cutting back is an accomplishment not a failure. The way I look at my situation right now is in the short week I have been vaping I have gone from a carton a week to a pack a week and when my habits change more toward the vaping that should go down even more. If not I will smell better, live longer and spend less on a pack a week than I would have on the cartons.

/\ THIS!

Don't feel bad if you need a real smoke now and then - go ahead and have one. Don't beat yourself up over it, it's a process and the fact that you've cut down is great - just keep that momentum going.

Maybe work down from four a day one week to three a day the next week and so on.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
You need to think about the analogs you avoided not the times you slipped. Years ago I had an uncle that smoked Camel non filter. After he quit he still carried a partial pack in his pocket. I asked him why he carried them and he said as long as he had those he wouldn't buy another pack. He said the thought of smoking the stale ones made him sick so he wouldn't start smoking again. I still carry cigarettes.

It took the 36 juice to satisfy me. I still wanted a cigarette with the weaker juice.

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
I count myself lucky. The day my batteries were fully chaged, I was done with analogs. I didn't feel deprived at all! 3 weeks later, my son came over to pick up a kit from me (talked him into trying it) and he had alight analog. it smelled so gross to me, but I wanted it...I did have one puff and handed it right back, I was grossed out by the taste. I'm so used to the flavors of the juice, I don't want an analog anymore. Even if you can cut back on analogs, it's a victory IMO

fishhd

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Pulaski, NY
I'm one of the few who hasn't had an analog since I got my PV - but I still carry cigarettes too - just in case! :)

Don't sweat the small stuff - you're making the change, and that's good! :D

ditto.:)

The way I made the change was this: With the tax increase, I was going to switch to a cheaper brand of smokes. I fiqure what the heck I'll try a stinky e-cig. It worked. I am just token on another brand and it doesn't stink.;)

Now, I went 2 weeks, with 1 bat and just 10 carts, little refill experience. things were going bad.8-o Low and behold my shipment came in. It's like I an Angel showed up in my PO box. I am stress free now:D

I still have 5 packs in my suit case. hey ya never know.:sleep:

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Spent most of last week and all weekend with my e-cigs (had a few analogs on friday but gave the pack away). I'm starting to think it's not the nicotine I'm addicted to, it's the throat hit (and maybe something else; I noticed I was still going through some kind of withdrawal symptoms even when mixing up my 6mg-18mg juices). Sucked on my e-cigs until I got dizzy but I never felt like I had enough of whatever it was. I have four batteries and had to recharge all of them 2-3 times a day because I was using them so much.

I ordered some 0 nic juice to see if that changes anything; maybe I just need to "have" a cig itself without any of the other stuff in it.

Here's to hopin'. :(

There is definitely more than the nicotine in cigarettes that we smokers get addicted to! The throat hit is a big part of it as well, but it's a matter of finding the right e-cig and the right juice to give you a throat hit.... at least one pretty close to what an analog gives you. There are entire threads here on the throat hit part, but besides the e-cig you are using and your inhale technique, I've found that the nicotine content plays a big part. Bump yourself up to a 24mg juice and try that. You'll be able to cut down to a lower dosage as time goes on.

I'm surprised how many people have reported that they get their first e-cig and never have an analog again. More power to them. But you are going through the same thing I did. It's normal and DON'T feel guilty to light up an analog once in a while! You'll find like I did, that you will cut down more and more as the days go by. The first one in the morning and the ones after a meal are the toughest. But hey, even if you continued smoking 3-4 analogs today, think how much better that would be for you than a normal smokers pack or more a day!

It just takes some time.....stick with it !

I didn't pick this to quit cigs all together although I am working towards that. The day I got my e-cig I went from a pack a day to 5, then the next two days I've had 3 each day, and now today I only had 2 analogs so far. I need to get a weaker ejuice I think though it burns and almost numbs my mouth almost like nicotine gum did when I tried that a few years back, thinking maybe too much nicotine is hurting my mouth and throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread