Brand new (to me, a total newb!) Reos LP Grand on the way - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelley cerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
NOLA
So I should be getting this LP Grand from the Classies in the next few days: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...reo-mods-batteries-atomizer.html#post13102088

What else do I need to get? I'm a complete newb to Reos, bottom feeders and basically to vaping in general. I ordered 3 AW IMR 18650s and an ohm reader/meter from RTD but am wondering if I need to order anything else from Reos. Since it doesn't come with a LP RM2 I was thinking about ordering that and a button, both in brass? Would that look good with the silver vein? Should I order extra bottles, o-rings, etc? Kind of clueless but I know that I will want to order ASAP so I can play with it as soon as I get it. Thanks so much!

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
If you're comfortable rebuilding the REO I would suggest a Rebuild kit. It will improve battery life and overall performance of the REO.

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=9

How to Vid is below the rebuild kit. I would watch it and decide from there. I know Rob (REO) offers his service to rebuild but you would have to send it to him and I am not sure of the cost.

shelley cerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
NOLA
Of course, Rob makes that look easy but I'm not sure if I could do it. According to the seller, there is already an upgraded firing pin:

"I got this used from a fellow reo fan and he installed a brass/copper firing pin on it. I never got to use it but I hear that it makes a difference using this firing pins. Only flaw on it, if you can call it one, is a small sanded section under the spring as he used this with a fuse mod. I installed a new spring on it as pictured. I also replaced the bottle and cap on this with a new one. "

Is this the same upgrade as the one you're talking about, do you think?

shelley cerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
NOLA
Welcome shelley cerata The aluminum button cover looks great on silver vein .
You will need some wick and wire if your going down rba road

Thanks Rob!!! I do have wick and wire already, although I must admit they've really only sat around in my box of vaping stuff, looking at me quizically saying "uh, you gonna use us, lady?"

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Welcome to the Ville, Shelly! Nice score!

I'd suggest getting:

- LP Rm2
- a couple extra bottles
- a spare spring or 2
- two O-rings of each size
- button cover
- 28 or 30 gauge kanthal a1
- CVS sterile cotton

As MX said, a rebuild kit would be a good idea as it will give you better performance than the old contacts.

As for the color of Rm2 and button, it's up to you. I'm sure which ever you choose will look great.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
No that's a DIY version of Rob's kit. I replaced my similar made brass pin with the new kit.

Congrats on your inbound Reo!

When you order the RM2, get a few extra screws for it, they are easy to lose.

Get an extra spring, they act as a fuse and collapse if you have a short. If this happens you're out of order until a new one arrives.

a 1x10 mm and a 1.5x10 mm o ring are a good idea, if you need them later shipping is a killer.

shelley cerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
NOLA
Thanks all for the great advice - really appreciate it! Have been looking through all the stickies, but a lot of times the original posts are 3+ years old and as a newb it's hard to tell which advice is outdated and what isn't... and there's just SO much to read that it's hard to figure out where the more relevant stuff begins (whine, whine, whine, I know, I know!!!) But having way too much info is so much better than not having enough =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread