Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
So my resurrected V Mav/Nimby Hybrid into a Magma Hybrid turned out pretty good...the performance far exceeded my hopes...so having gotten lucky with the function I thought I'd see about the form and do something about the holes.

20141011_072715.jpg

I've been toying with milling out reliefs in the body and laying in Ebony veneer (I love Ebony). Problem is I'd never be able to get a matching door as it would have to be too thin. so while looking through my mess of a shop I found some sheet brass when I thought of making my own Brass doors...

Not the easiest project and the solid brass switch button required some insulation but I think it turned out ok...thought I'd polish the Magma while I was at it (I went with a round squonk hole to avoid and patent infringement)...the brass has added a 1/4 lb. and will be a maintenance nightmare but oh well...and here I was saying Alumi Reo's aren't meant to be bling :facepalm:

20141019_154230.jpg 20141019_154244.jpg 20141019_154259.jpg

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
...How practical is that?...

...practical at establishing a new upper limit to my OCD :facepalm:...:laugh:

Thanks all for the likes, though (and this is my practical side showing) I'm actually more happier with the way the mech switch turned out...every time I build one of these I marvel at the elegant, deceptively simple brilliant ease which it can safely switch a .... ton of current...all in a 8mm x 18mm form factor.

...this is my homage to Rob's true "evil genius"... which imo, I feel may be over looked by some Alumi Reo owners, it's much more than just mashing a piece of conductor onto a batt terminal with a plastic button...there's tension, spring back, tactile "feel", button travel, fulcrum and point of contact, etc...sure, this mod represents 2 days of metal smithing and mill work to make it pretty and shiny, but there was 1 full day dedicated to building/tweaking just the switch :facepalm:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread