Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
A magnetic door is easy to mod. I would look into which performs better...plus, what door leaks more liquid. I've started changing my batteries on my IPV2 from the amount of liquid that seeps into the seam of the cover..

Getting a plume veil when I mainly use origens didn't help the cause of e liquid inside the mod..but the plastic housing is doing an amazing job protecting the internals.

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
A magnetic door is easy to mod. I would look into which performs better...plus, what door leaks more liquid. I've started changing my batteries on my IPV2 from the amount of liquid that seeps into the seam of the cover..

Getting a plume veil when I mainly use origens didn't help the cause of e liquid inside the mod..but the plastic housing is doing an amazing job protecting the internals.
Is the IPV3 waterproof like the 2S?

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
See...I stop looking into things....gus kiss qe+estia, 4nine, ipv2...liquid expenses before transitioning into DIY... I'm going to wait a while..my friend's shop is getting the ipv2 &3...

If it is waterproof...screw magnets..is what I say. I'm not looking into anything right now... better for my well being to not want anything else for a while.

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
I've got NO experience to speak of on building an atty but it's getting so well explained as technique and materials that even I can get a coil that works by myself :) put together with minimum of wasted materials and heartache

Consider that in addition to the small fire button, it has the touch sensitive fire button on top that is kind of large. I pre-ordered an ipv3, but I am curious to whether or not if I will actually like, and use the touch fire button.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
The trick with the IPV2&3 is dripping with the touch sensor. I'm sure the IPV3 is sealed, like the IPV2-S. Liquid will get inside the mod at the seam for battery cover.

My ipv2 is about to go to asmodous for warranty repair.. I'm also going to see if I can be upgraded to the 2s..bs they come out with a version that's sealed, but only after they put out thousands of ipv2 that aren't sealed..

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
The trick with the IPV2&3 is dripping with the touch sensor. I'm sure the IPV3 is sealed, like the IPV2-S. Liquid will get inside the mod at the seam for battery cover.

My ipv2 is about to go to asmodous for warranty repair.. I'm also going to see if I can be upgraded to the 2s..bs they come out with a version that's sealed, but only after they put out thousands of ipv2 that aren't sealed..

Agreed, Pioneer4you used us all as beta testers. Very shady! Some of them must have worked for Microsoft in the past.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

Yours must be a freak of nature , most are all aluminum . It may feel like plastic but it shouldn't be.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Just so there's no confusion in the future , there will be improved , higher wattage and nicer editions released shortly after you buy the model your talking about here.

Thats a given so make sure your completely satisfied that it meets all your needs so you won't go through the same thing in the future.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
The housing...inside the mod...is aluminum?

....ok.

.....thanks.lol.

Edit-hahaha.

Plastic housing , is like (plastic housings for power tools) outside ,a more accurate description would help. On another note , i have not seen a single mention by anybody with your issues , see what happens when you send it in.

Edit: I stand corrected , i found one doing a google search.

I've noticed this the past couple times I opened it up to swap batteries after using my Omega clone at 50 watts. I've had more buildup than what this picture shows, but it hasn't moved past that 'line' right along the top.

Note that my Omega is leaky as hell and always leaves a ring of juice beneath itself, and that I've noticed the IPV screws tend to work themselves loose over time. I've ordered some magnets to try and replace the screws with, so hopefully those will provide a tighter seal.

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Plastic housing , is like (plastic housings for power tools) outside ,a more accurate description would help. On another note , i have not seen a single mention by anybody with your issues , see what happens when you send it in.

Edit: I stand corrected , i found one doing a google search.

Really? I've seen a few...many probably. How many atty's have you used with it? What types---particularity interested in 510 pin length, and type.

I'll do a search later. At work right now.....but I've had to help a few people with the issue..one, like two days ago- IPV 2 SPECS, use, and issues thread....

and I don't know...what else would you call the plastic enclosure protecting circuit boards? If you've opened your IPV, you would know there is plastic in it...and if you actually read my post, you would be able to interpret it correctly.

I feel like you just wanna argue with me and a couple others that have ...... you off in the other IPV thread..

edit....didn't see this.
Just so there's no confusion in the future , there will be improved , higher wattage and nicer editions released shortly after you buy the model your talking about here.

Thats a given so make sure your completely satisfied that it meets all your needs so you won't go through the same thing in the future.

ok..I hope that wasn't directed at me...cuz you...

woo-sa....

editedit- I preordered the IPV for trying the sx330 chip... I figured it would be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more cheaper than using the sx 350...so many things I wanna say, or truthfully....I want to use this on someone:
20131017_163904-1.jpg

editedit....edit- ^stackable unit....essentially, you can stack as many of them as you want in series...but the most I know personally that have been stacked is 10 units... 1,000,000 Volts...crazy.- just to end that^ with something neat.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Really? I've seen a few...many probably. How many atty's have you used with it? What types---particularity interested in 510 pin length, and type.[/SIZE]

Yes , Really Really lol, it's such a minor issue . I have used my Kayfun with adapter , two Magma's , one Veritas , one Nimbus and zero issues , some of them leaked still zero issues.

Big Lungs did a test and said he had no penetration issues either .

I'll do a search later. At work right now.....but I've had to help a few people with the issue..one, like two days ago- IPV 2 SPECS, use, and issues thread....

Not necessary , i already did a search and i was lucky to find one . I'm glad you helped somebody two days ago.

and I don't know...what else would you call the plastic enclosure protecting circuit boards? If you've opened your IPV, you would know there is plastic in it...and if you actually read my post, you would be able to interpret it correctly.

Its called a plastic battery enclosure or cradle , it's definitely not a housing , oh, and i did read your posts many times.

I feel like you just wanna argue with me and a couple others that have ...... you off in the other IPV thread..

Well your wrong , very wrong actually , nobody pisses me off , they make me shake my head in disbelief .

Mostly about the beta comments and how wrong it was for P4U to release a product after some already bought them (and i am clearly not the only one who commented on it ).

I suppose every new mod is a beta product if someone has an issue with it. I wonder if it would still be considered a beta product if liquid was not continually spilled along it's top .

I hope you get the thing fixed , i have no beef with you in particular , anybody who thinks P4U is to blame for an issue or two i would say the same exact thing to and i did as you know .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread