The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bugout box

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by Jerry B, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jerry B

Jerry B Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2011
    Nashville TN
    Hope this is the right location for this.

Ok so ya ever in a rush to head out on a trip. Ya got to gather up all ur gear and make sure everything is together and protected. Heres a little set up i use for my eGos. Hope you guys like it.

Really simple to do, first i picked up a CD case from Products : Vaultz® they carry a nice collection of hard shell cases that will fit just about any PV. So this is what i got
    Vaultz1.jpg
    Good solid metal box with a strap and clasp (it even locks). Opening it up a ripped out the sleeve section that was for holding CDs.
    Vaultz2.jpg
    Now for the hardest part. ya gotta find some closed cell foam. Lucky for me i had a sheet laying around from a printer i just bought. If all else fails you can find a blue closed cell foam pad in the camping section of walmart. they use them for putting under a sleeping bag. Anyway i just made a template outta paper. It needs to be as close a fit as you can get inside the box. Once you get that the way you want it, cut out a couple of layers of foam. and place in the box like so.
    Vaultz3.jpg
    Now all you need to do is take a razor and cut out slots for your needs. I managed to store 3 eGo batteries (2x650maw 1x1000maw), the charger and cord, couple of my LR cartos, 3 15ml bottles and a collection of drip tips.
    Vaultz4.jpg
    There ya go all safe and sound in a hard shell box that will protect it all and keep it at hand. Its a bit ghetto but hey it works and allows me to grab and run when i need to.

2. frazz

frazz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Very sweet setup!

3. sweetz

sweetz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2011
    Texas
    My son has one of those boxes for his video games, purchased specifically because it's so durable. This looks great, I'm going to have to try it soon!

4. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Hey whatever works for you is the best . Protecting ones PV is most important.
    Enjoy.

5. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    hey thats a great idea,,gonna try that for AB's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.