Building a "hana" style mod with the fasttech enclosure: looking for tips, tricks, and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
So, maybe this has been posted already, or maybe I am completely missing something. I just went to fastech to order some more Hana enclosures, and they don't seem to be carrying them anymore. Anyone else see what I am seeing? That will suck out loud if it is true.

I do a lot of shopping at fasttech so I'll check it out and report. Don't get all excited, tomorrow's the first day of Chinese New Year so if you ordered right now it wouldn't ship for probably a month.

Sent with no malice and not a whole lot of forethought from my new Galaxy Tab 4. Thanks Santa!

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
So, maybe this has been posted already, or maybe I am completely missing something. I just went to Fastech to order some more Hana enclosures, and they don't seem to be carrying them anymore. Anyone else see what I am seeing? That will suck out loud if it is true.

Yep,
no more Hana enclosures at Fasttech - there last week but completely gone now.
Don't know how reliable this lot are;

http://www.cigabuy.com/diy-enclosure-case-for-hana-dna-30-clone-mod-p-6737.html

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Yep,
no more Hana enclosures at Fasttech - there last week but completely gone now.
Don't know how reliable this lot are;

http://www.cigabuy.com/diy-enclosure-case-for-hana-dna-30-clone-mod-p-6737.html
They're not gone. They seem to been have removed from the search system.

Try this: https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10007864/1823601

;)

And if you want temp control: http://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10007864/2147200

They also have a dna 70 but the box is different.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Last edited:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
You just need one active link and then you can choose any hana clone version from the option menu.

I found it because I needed to order another mini to gut and convert and couldn't find them.

I went to my previous order, clicked the SKU and voila :)

This time I ordered a grey one though.

Let's see if it doesn't take too long. I went for the tnt Netherland shipping option but it hasn't arrived there yet.

Regards
Tony

Spiceman1967

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Lompoc, CA, USA

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Incidentally, the cradles included with some of the new enclosures aren't totally suited to the 40.

To start off with the chip goes in a different direction so that the battery/charge pinout is at at the top - you've got no choice in the matter as the hole for the screen ribbon is up at the top too - it's a pity because the concept is actually pretty decent as the cradle secures the tactiles without having to use glue, you can screw the charge board on to it.

I was fortunate enough to have access to a 3d printer so I replicated DarthPistachio's cradle using sketchup and printed one out - certainly tidies everything up, the only glue I used was some epoxy to secure the charging board and tactiles.
It's not perfect but it's clean-ish;

wlf6om.jpg

Now if I get sick of the enclosure, I can de-solder the tacts/510 and take the board out.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Incidentally, the cradles included with some of the new enclosures aren't totally suited to the 40.

To start off with the chip goes in a different direction so that the battery/charge pinout is at at the top - you've got no choice in the matter as the hole for the screen ribbon is up at the top too - it's a pity because the concept is actually pretty decent as the cradle secures the tactiles without having to use glue, you can screw the charge board on to it.

I was fortunate enough to have access to a 3d printer so I replicated DarthPistachio's cradle using sketchup and printed one out - certainly tidies everything up, the only glue I used was some epoxy to secure the charging board and tactiles.
It's not perfect but it's clean-ish;

wlf6om.jpg

Now if I get sick of the enclosure, I can de-solder the tacts/510 and take the board out.

Nice job. It looks great. A lot cleaner than most commercial mods!

Sent with no malice and not a whole lot of forethought from my new Galaxy Tab 4. Thanks Santa!

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Yep. First thing I did besides ripping out the clone board was to get the original buttons.

Regards
Tony

I always do the same, the original C&K tacts are only about 90 Cents and much better than the clone buttons.
C&K are the same manufacturer that Provape use for the Provari - they last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread