Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
pluses and minuses with both options.

I think I found the atty that I want to stick with on my reo so I'm considering converting it into a straight through post hybrid style instead of the 510 screwoff type deal. plus's would be removing a big source of potential leaking and a big source of potential resistance of a degrading connection that needs to be cleaned and maintained periodically, minus is loosing the convenience of being able to switch atties on the fly. once you've found the ideal atty though I'd rather never have to take it off, converting it would make it that you'll never have to take it off.

Pierces32

Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Columbia, SC, USA
Now with a much more comfortable fire button!:closedeyes:
1109132129.jpg

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I used a belt sander for shaping, then progressively finer sand papers to polish. I wouldn't recommend a high polish because the aluminum is so soft it scratches so damn easy, I winded up eventually just settled on a brushed finish so it doesn't show marks and scuffs as easily, polished is only good if your not going to use and abuse it I guess, stuff like stainless can be polished and will still be a somewhat durable finish, aluminum not so much :)

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ok, after several months of buying and using several different bottom feeders I'm still just so surprised that there is not even ONE good option for an all stainless steel bottom feeder ANYWHERE... not one, nothing.... WHY???

I mean I got the reo now and it's ok as far as box mods go but aluminum is really not my best choice of material... wood is just out of the question for me, yeah if I wanted a fancy rich looking little box mod to use at home I guess wood might be ok but as far as actually using it as I use my PV's every day, no way wood could ever make the cut for me, SO...

....I have now decided to build my own all stainless steel bottom feeder. why I have to build one is really beyond my understanding, why would no one build one anywhere??? I just don't get it, so I'm building my own... this is not going to be based on my pump mechanism, that's a whole different animal that I still will need to tackle some day, but for now I'm looking for a nice compact all stainless steel bottom feeder and it looks like the ONLY way I could have one is to build it.

the closest I've come is in buying the vinci... looks good on paper, sounds good in theory, but is a real POS in actuality :( here is a picture of the vinci, one of the only pictures I have of it, it's the one on the far right... it looks GREAT but it works horribly at best...

so this post is really a whole lot of nothing other than to say what I will be showing here soon :) a stainless steel construction compact bottom feeder powered by a dna20, what I don't get is why no one is building anything like this. I'm sure if someone did then they'd be able to sell all they could build, why isn't there even one????

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ha, why? are you planning on cornering the market with these any time soon? :D

there is more than enough demand to go around I think, hell if someone else built them then I could just buy it instead of having to make it myself :D

this is approx. what it may look like. I really dislike the look of a squonk hole and seeing the bottle inside so I'll probably use a flush plunger type trigger button instead to squonk. the bottle is of course in the tube right below the atty

and a size comparison. that is with an 18650 battery tube... I'm also considering a telescopic battery tube in this same configuration as this too for an even more compact design when running 18350's but still have the ability to run an 18650 when needed

I'm just trying to maximize space and eliminate any unnecessary bulk and dead space in the design. again this is not my "ultimate bottom feeder" idea of no soft plastic bottle at all which is what I ultimately want, this is more of just a transition piece, maximising the soft bottle squeezing idea to what I see as ideal given the current BF technology, just something to satisfy me as much as possible until I ever get around to designing my pump setup with a glass tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread