The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Burnt Taste - Aspire BDC tank

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by BofaDzNutz, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BofaDzNutz

BofaDzNutz Full Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I have a Aspire BDC tank and keep getting a burnt taste. I have tried swapping out the coils numerous times thinking i may have gotten a new batch but it still tastes burnt. I tried swtiching mods as well and that doesnt fix it neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? I cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks,

2. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Rave's neighbor!
    If you are using a high VG juice that is very thick this could cause a wicking problem thus burnt taste. Maybe your voltage is too high for the resistance. Other than that you may have gotten some bad coil heads. I would try a high PG juice if you haven't already or dilute your VG juice with PG or distilled water.

3. Iusedtoanalog

Iusedtoanalog Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    ,Bofa, i have used the bdc heads since they where introduced. As of the last month or so I have had more bad heads within that time than all through the entire previous months added together . I think volume of sales has caused them to overlook things that maybe wouldn't make it through Quality Control....

To hedge your bet with the heads you have left I would suggest you thin your liquid by as much as 25% if its a thicker liquid..... if its not a thicker liquid you could back down on your voltage. I was using the 2ohm heads right at 4.5v and that was about as hard as I could run them without having them get funky burnt flavor.

Sent from my rotary phone using sheer willpower

4. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Yup, what they said^. Whenever you get a burnt taste, your coil is not getting enough eliquid--either because your juice is too thick or your wattage is too high--or both. Make sure your juice is not too thick, too sweet and your voltage/wattage is just right.

That said, I've noticed that priming your atomizer head by direct dripping onto the coil before filling the tank and then letting the device sit for a few minutes helps. The Aspire coils are buried in a carto-like filler and that filler needs to be fully saturated to wick properly--just like a cartomizer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.