Burnt Taste - Aspire BDC tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
If you are using a high VG juice that is very thick this could cause a wicking problem thus burnt taste. Maybe your voltage is too high for the resistance. Other than that you may have gotten some bad coil heads. I would try a high PG juice if you haven't already or dilute your VG juice with PG or distilled water.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
,Bofa, i have used the bdc heads since they where introduced. As of the last month or so I have had more bad heads within that time than all through the entire previous months added together . I think volume of sales has caused them to overlook things that maybe wouldn't make it through Quality Control....

To hedge your bet with the heads you have left I would suggest you thin your liquid by as much as 25% if its a thicker liquid..... if its not a thicker liquid you could back down on your voltage. I was using the 2ohm heads right at 4.5v and that was about as hard as I could run them without having them get funky burnt flavor.

Sent from my rotary phone using sheer willpower

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yup, what they said^. Whenever you get a burnt taste, your coil is not getting enough eliquid--either because your juice is too thick or your wattage is too high--or both. Make sure your juice is not too thick, too sweet and your voltage/wattage is just right.

That said, I've noticed that priming your atomizer head by direct dripping onto the coil before filling the tank and then letting the device sit for a few minutes helps. The Aspire coils are buried in a carto-like filler and that filler needs to be fully saturated to wick properly--just like a cartomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread