Busardo and Dimitris discuss the attack on nicotine vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I'm glad I watched it this morning. Found it informative to hear their point of view, despite the f-bombs.

I agree. F bombs don't offend me, although non-judicious and frequent use tends to be counterproductive to the message I think. I really don't think it was appropriate for the target audience.

That being said, I think Dimitri raised a lot of really good points and I found value in listening to his opinions. Beyond his obvious commitment to the vaping cause, he was concise and was able to backup his opinions with solid logic and facts. He certainly has studied the subject matter carefully and his opinions carried significant weight in my opinion.

The Flavorart guy on the other hand, did not impress me and I found it hard to give his opinions any credulity due to excessive F bombs and vehemence. While his arguments might be valid, it was difficult to take him seriously given his message delivery method. It also seemed to me that his message was centered around what these new anti vaping measures were going to do to his business rather that how it would affect vaping as a concern for the intended vaping audience of this video. In contrast, that was the entirety of Dimitir's message... how it would affect vaping and vapers, not how it would affect Dimitri personally.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
The Flavorart guy on the other hand, did not impress me and I found it hard to give his opinions any credulity due to excessive F bombs and vehemence. While his arguments might be valid, it was difficult to take him seriously given his message delivery method. It also seemed to me that his message was centered around what these new anti vaping measures were going to do to his business rather that how it would affect vaping as a concern for the intended vaping audience of this video. In contrast, that was the entirety of Dimitir's message... how it would affect vaping and vapers, not how it would affect Dimitri personally.

I agree about the Flavorart guy. I was doing other things around the house and sort of tuned him out. The only thing I didn't agree with of the rest was the tirade against stocking up. Stocking up does not mean the heck with everyone else, necessarily. I know some people feel that way, but I don't think it's the majority.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Do a search for Smokers Show. They did yesterday's show on Facebook, not YouTube, but you can find it on YouTube.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
Thanks found it now I can listen to the last half that I didnt see last night because life intervened.

Reactions: Puff2K

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't even remember the f bombs. What I remember is the jist of what they said. In my opinion, Dimitris didn't bash Juul, he said the facts of the high nic they are using in their pods, etc. It was important to mention, since we didn't have a teen issue until Juul started doing this. The UK doesn't have a problem with teen use, but we do. Why? The only difference appears to be that they have a cap on nic level. I call that problem-solving. Their stance was that perhaps when the government/media asks us how to curb teen use, that may be one of the solutions.
We had Flings at 54mg/ml, Vype at 48mg/ml and one of the Njoy King levels was 45mg/ml (and probably others of 40+mg/ml) ... all before Juul, and before the so-called "teen epidemic". Juul, however, had strong marketing (not necessarily to kids), was very available, didn't look like a cigarette, and convenience stores were lax about age checking and it became a "the new thing" for teens.

I do not think a cap on nic will do anything to curb teen usage --- they'll just vape more, learn DIY (perhaps poorly) if the nic-base option even remains available, and/or perhaps do more illicit THC.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
The problem is, sadly, is discussing facts doesn't work. It would be great if it did, but it is fail.

It won't make any difference. People who are moved by emotions are not moved by more facts. What is needed is an emotional counter message, even an extreme one, because discussing facts will not move those who have already decided 'I heard it, and I am right'

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I do not think a cap on nic will do anything to curb teen usage --- they'll just vape more, learn DIY (perhaps poorly) if the nic-base option even remains available, and/or perhaps do more illicit THC.
And just this afternoon while driving home I saw a huge sign outside a gas station. "We carry CBD vape oils"

/me facepalm

• Agree
Reactions: Ryedan

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Media called out for misleading the public in Texas.

Cheers
I

If this doesn't put it out there that there is a bias driving media coverage of the vaping issue, I don't know what will. The way he had his testimony twisted to reflect a point he didn't support is TOTAL corruption. It makes me even madder, furious even, that he is a Veteran and a Texan. I'm also a Texas Vet, so this is even more personal. B.S. I'll end this here, or I'm going to get really irate, and that always ends badly.

Thank you for the video, even if it was difficult, it was informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread