Apr 16, 2011
Oregon
Last edited:

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
blight, I just went through this yesterday with a Vapor Titan diamond auto myself. Like you, I raised the posts on both the battery and the carto to no avail. I felt like I had nothing to lose, so out of irritation I whacked it on my countertop a couple of times. It worked intermittently. I then held it vertically with connection end down and tapped that end onto the countertop. It worked fine. It has stopped working one since and I repeated the vertical tap. It's been working since. There must be something a little loose inside (?)

I'm not saying it will work for you, but there's nothing much left to try, unless it's still under the 45 day warranty. Good luck!

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Blight sir what method did you use to fill your cartos? Was sent a batt by someone that had this very problem, the issue was they used the condom method and while the made sure the post was cleaned, they didn't account for the juice that gets stuck in the threads of the carto. This juice then gets on the threads of the battery and down around the post thus shorting out the post while not affecting switch. You can try the last ditch effort of soaking the threads and post in pga or rubbing alcohol but use a very small amount (only enough to cover the threads), and let it dry out for another day before use. Can't guarantee the fix will work, but worth a shot if your warrany is out.

blight231

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Oregon
Tried bumping it on the counter a time or two to no avail. I have only used V4L prefilleds. Dang I guess it's toast. This is the first time i've run into this. I think i'm right on the cusp of 45 days. I guess I thought the warranty was longer. My order history was deleted with the new site. My first Diamond or stealth battery .... crud.

Last edited:

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
Tried bumping it on the counter a time or two to no avail. I have only used V4L prefilleds. Dang I guess it's toast. This is the first time i've run into this. I think i'm right on the cusp of 45 days. I guess I thought the warranty was longer. My order history was deleted with the new site. My first Diamond or stealth battery .... crud.

Put in a customer service ticket. I am sure they will replace your battery, 45 days or not. They have always replaced my batteries
less than two months old.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
It's a broken activation switch....contact C.S. The fact that the LED blinks 3 times instead of staying on and the LED light triggers upon taking a draw means the relay that sends power to the Atomizer from the battery is toast. This could be caused by a faulty relay or it could be caused by a loose ground wire.

Add edit: After watching the video a second time, the LED first blinks 3 times, then after being backed out of the charger it blinks 10 times. That would indicate that the battery is fully drained or is under 3.5v +/- which will still have enough output to power the LED light. You noted that you charged the battery or at least indicated that the battery was put on a charger and appeared to take a full charge. How long was it on the charger? Did you also check the charger contacts to see if they were clean and does it work fine with your other batteries?

Using prefills alone does not ensure that juice cannot get into a battery because they are directly connected to the Cartomizer. Batteries still get dirty, threads still get blackened for prefill users since the Cartomizer holds a little bit of vapor inside of it. Twist up a little rat tail with a napkin or paper towel and insert it into the battery post hole, keep twisting it slowly in one direction, it should go in about a half inch. After you pull it out and you'll see what I mean.

In any case you did everything that you could do.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread