button acting strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Just since yesterday, for no reason I can think of, my provari's button isn't working right. I'm having to hold it down firmly enough to be uncomfortable to get it to light up and work, and sometimes there is a delay, sometimes it comes on intermittantly really fast which pops up the menu and starts scrolling madly through it. It has never had an issue before now, is their anything I can do short of mailing it to provape? I'd have to go buy another PV before I could do that.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Unfortunately, that can happen with any electronics. It's always wise to have a backup setup, like maybe a lava tube or the new eGo-C twist, so now might be the time to start looking for one.

I would absolutely contact Provape about the issue, and from what I've read they'll be very responsive to your problem.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
I've seen this as well on my new Provari V2 (just over a week old).

For me it's actually pretty rare but I have had it cut in & out mid vape and even occassionally go as far as scrolling through the menu.

It doesn't seem as bad though. I just have to press the button semi firmly and deliberate. I can't just casually grab it haphazardly with my finger / thumb half off to the side of the button and make light contact. But it's cetainly not to the point of being uncomfortable.

If it gets any worse I'll contact Provapes, but for now I've just written it off as me getting used to the device and the button's sensitivity.

I'm used to the Ego battery's button switches which are very forgiving.

Last edited:

ebbrey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norway
My v2 "stops mid vape" 1 out of a hundred clicks.

I hold down the button and i can see the blue led lighting up, its there for a second and im drawing.. suddenly i can hear the atomizer stopping while i hold my finger down. I always belive i moved my finger slightly off center or something and just press more firmly

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Isn't that the definition of a backup?
Lol..I guess it is. When I think of a "back up " I think of something that isn't used until my primary device needs repair. I use all my vv devices pretty much equally so I guess I consider everything I have to be "back ups "

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
I sure hope it gets back soon. I mean, I can tolerate this ego stuff, but once you get used to a good VV mod it sure feels like a step in the wrong direction. Had to do it though, was pretty frustrating to use the way it was. I guess, on the bright side, it gave me an excuse to get the v2 upgrade done.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
I sure hope it gets back soon. I mean, I can tolerate this ego stuff, but once you get used to a good VV mod it sure feels like a step in the wrong direction. Had to do it though, was pretty frustrating to use the way it was. I guess, on the bright side, it gave me an excuse to get the v2 upgrade done.

They are a great company imo, quick to respond and seem to have the vv experience covered really nicely.When you set your love afree it comes back to you forever .May that be the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread