Status
Not open for further replies.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I am experiencing an oddity with my ProVari's fire button. Sometimes when I am holding it down to take a vape I notice it is not firing. There have been times I am in the Power Up menu steadily raising my voltage or I am in the Power Down menu lowering it. It tends to happen more when I am chain vaping and hitting the button 2 or 3 times rather quickly (but not as quickly as I would when intentionally entering the menu). Has anyone else had this happen? Do I have an issue I need to contact ProVape about?

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
I just press harder, a nuisance.

Even though this started up only a couple of weeks after I got it, based on reports and posts I have seen Provape would consider this a User-based issue and charge me for it.

Costs me way too much in shipping outside the USA, not worth sending it in for me. I'll turf or sell it when the button packs it in completely. I might also just look for a local who can fix it.

Last edited:

Daniel13

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Ohio
mine does that when i'm pulsing a coil, kinda annoying. takes some getting use to when vaping too you're probably gonna have to either hold the button in a little more firm or not pulse it.

and as far as chain vaping goes just hold it in longer it has like a 15 second cutoff, long enough for a couple hits back to back without letting go

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
Hi Xan

I don't know if I'm understanding your question correctly, but I've noticed if I'm in the menu going up or down and don't give it a second to go out of the menu, if I hit the button too fast and vape it will continue in the mode it was in (does that make sense?)

I have that happen too but that is not what I am experiencing. If I have my ProVari sitting on my desk, pick it up and take a vape I find myself occasionally in the menu system changing settings.

@Hello World - Sounds like you are having the same issue I am. I have noticed that if I press harder it does not happen. Guess I will deal with it for now and if it worsens I will send it in and hopefully not have to pay to fix it, but if I have to pay then so be it.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
mine does that when i'm pulsing a coil, kinda annoying. takes some getting use to when vaping to you're probably gonna have to either hold the button in a little more firm or not pulse it.

and as far as chain vaping goes just hold it in longer it has like a 15 second cutoff, long enough for a couple hits back to back without letting go

OK. I am glad (kinda) that I am not the only one with this problem. I just tried holding the button in for two pulls and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip. Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees. :facepalm:

Daniel13

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Ohio
I have that happen too but that is not what I am experiencing. If I have my ProVari sitting on my desk, pick it up and take a vape I find myself occasionally in the menu system changing settings.

@Hello World - Sounds like you are having the same issue I am. I have noticed that if I press harder it does not happen. Guess I will deal with it for now and if it worsens I will send it in and hopefully not have to pay to fix it, but if I have to pay then so be it.

ah sorry i misunderstood as well, i notice sometimes mine cuts off while vaping because i'm not holding it in too tight, you might be pushing it just hard enough for it to think you're pushing it multiple times, i have that issue when in the menu sometimes it pushes twice when changing the voltage or going through the menu. or skips the voltage up setting.

although it could actually be an issue now that i think about it, because it does auto scroll in the menus by design, could be messed up and do it even when not in the menu

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
It's a continual worsening scenario. To fire, I use enough pressure on a thumbnail to bury it into the handle to get any power at all. Used to work like a variable resistor before, but has gone down the tubes since ... :laugh:

The worst part is using the menu as it either does not respond or it skips over. Poor control when so much pressing force is required.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
It's a continual worsening scenario. To fire, I use enough pressure on a thumbnail to bury it into the handle to get any power at all. Used to work like a variable resistor before, but has gone down the tubes since ... :laugh:

The worst part is using the menu as it either does not respond or it skips over. Poor control when so much pressing force is required.

I hope mine doesn't get worse. If it does I am sending it back for repair. I refuse to have to deal with an issue on an item that I paid this much money for. So far it is rare but it does happen. I plan on keeping an eye on it to see if it gets worse.

@Daniel13 - I am thinking the same as you. I am holding it down just far enough to make it register multiple presses.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
I hope mine doesn't get worse. If it does I am sending it back for repair. I refuse to have to deal with an issue on an item that I paid this much money for. So far it is rare but it does happen. I plan on keeping an eye on it to see if it gets worse.
Maybe fire off an inquiring e-mail, see what they say.

demiseone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
cali
i've owned my provari mini for about 3 weeks now. love it. took it to vegas this weekend and noticed this happened a few times while firing. thought it was weird since ive had no issues but its not an inconvenience and i can live with it if i must. would like to get it fixed though. how much do they charge? its not covered with the 1 yr warranty ?

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I got an email from ProVape today. They suggest a 99% isopropyl bath in the tube. They said to pour a shot glass full of isopropyl in the tune and shake it. Give it over night to dry and see what happens. She did state that if you use less than 99% isopropyl to give it more time to dry. I will try this in a few days and see what happens.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
They suggest a 99% isopropyl bath in the tube.
Ouch!!!

Ok, April 1 is gone now.

If that info came from anywhere other than Provape I might be inclined to advise to ease of on the shoe polish ... :laugh:

One would think this would void a warranty. I'm surprised the electronics would not be damaged.

Well, I have a chucker on my hands anyways, so what the hell ... :blink:

xanderxman, I'll wait on you either crying for joy or buckets of tears. Let me know.

Last edited:

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i had a similar issue recently, and i contacted provape-i think it's like 5 or 10 bucks to replace the button if it's bad. the very nice rep that got back to me advised me to clean my 510 connection out with alcohol and a q tip. gunk can build up in there and make it hard to fire, apparently. after i cleaned it out really well, i noticed it was firing better. ultimately, it's one of those parts on the provari that will eventually need replacement or repair. fortunately, it's not that expensive. unfortunately, you've got to send in your provari and be without it for however long it takes.
hope this helps.

s.

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
The alcohol bath is one of the things they recommend to try. I had to do it once with my oldest ProVari and it did fix the problem. The only downside (be aware) is that it may fog the inside of the lens for the display - it did mine. It's still legible and the device functions but it is a bit of a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread