Status
Not open for further replies.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
The 3rd magnet when you remove the botton head is reversed compared to the other 2,so that is why you got a return action on it;

It might get ejected when you remove the head,so be carefull.

that is the bulk of it :)

Oh yeah,use contact cleaner,no lube or the top magnet might just stick and your botton wont work.

Perhaps silicone spray,I use DeoxIT gold and it stuck for a lil while but eventually started working.

Last edited:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Ok. New button will go on new tube coming next week :facepalm:. Have run out of patience today maybe will try again another day.
The only bad part of the videos is those big ... pliers he uses. DO_NOT_USE_PLIERS

I've got some pics around here somewhere I'll find and upload that will show you how to take a switch apart w/o damaging it.

Later.....

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
How does the stinking thing come off? Just screws as one piece through the hole in the bottom tube?

Yep, unscrew it from the tube. If it's really dirty and stuck, spray with some penetrating oil.....let it set for a while and then unscrew it.

After you get the switch off, clean it really good with denatured alcohol....then:

Use a small amount of JB Quik and attach an old carto or atomizer to the button....let set for about 30 min. Take a flat head screw and do the same for the plunger

button4-2.jpg

After about an hour it's set enough to hold.....so unscrew the top from the plunger

button5.jpg

Since you don't give the JBQ time enough to fully cure, work back and forth and the two button pieces will detact from the tube and screw head. If the button is hard to remove from the tube, gently squeeze the tube with pliers to deform it and the button will drop off.
Peel off any JBQ residue with your fingernail or a plastic coffee stir stick

button6.jpg

Once it's clean, reassemble and tighten everything up with your hands. Hand tight is good for GG parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread