The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Buyer Beware: Perfect Vape

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by daisyd, Dec 31, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. daisyd

daisyd Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Az
    I was looking for the pod for the new mesh coils for my Lost Vape Orion last week because my local shops only have the coils so far. I ordered from a place called Perfect Vape. My package arrived on Saturday and I opened it to find a strawberry banana flavored disposable device that was meant to go to New York, judging by the invoice inside. I contacted them and instead of "We're so sorry, we'll get your order out to you immediately. Can we send you a label to ship the other product back?" They wanted me to print out a label and wait for USPS to scan it before they would send me my actual order. Now, I would understand if it was something worth more than what I spent with them, but this thing lists for $4.72 on their site, which means it cost them like $2. It's going to cost them more to ship it back than it's worth. I explained that I don't have access to a printer until Thursday and I shouldn't be punished for something that wasn't my screw up. She was adamant. I then asked for a refund then. No refund until you ship it back. I finally decided this company wasn't worth any more of my time and said refund everything but the stupid $4.72 right now. She did do that. Maybe I'm being a Karen, but this seems like a stupid way to lose a customer over $5.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. vaper1960

vaper1960 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Funny the name Karen got used here. Anybody named Karen? Or just that one who complains on fakebook about football stars?

4. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    I had no idea Karen is a meme, but like, I do now and I don't think you are being one personally.

I would definitely check your refund status, too . Anyone can say anything including "It will take 7 days to procces) and then you check, and are like "Huh. I hate people."

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    I just say thank you for bringing this companies practice to our attention. There are far to many companies with good CS, so now I know this is not one and will avoid them. Sorry you had to take one for the team so the rest of us could learn and avoid them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @daisyd - This really surprises me, because I've placed at least 1/2 dozen orders with them in the past, and another one just earlier today. I've always received what I've ordered, in a timely manner, and at great prices.

They even contacted me by phone about a month ago...about an order I'd placed just the night before. Someone else had completed Check Out while I was also placing my order, and 1 of 3 kits in a color I'd wanted...had sold to that customer. They called me to apologize and ask if I'd like to substitute another color kit or get a refund for it. I chose another color and my package shipped that afternoon.

Maybe they've been "ripped off" by a customer, or more than 1 in the past, who's said they'd ship an item back, but never did. I know another company didn't refund my money for items I received that weren't as described....until I'd shipped them back and sent the company the Tracking # from the package, as proof of my mailing it. IDK...but seems to me like vendors may have been dealing with some scamming customers lately, so they're more cautious now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    JCinFLA, that's a good point. You don't think about the BS companies have to deal with from "scammers". Too bad the rest of us pay the price for what others have done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    No small company (and even larger) is going to take your word that you'll ship something back to them. They usually require the item back first. It's a reasonable policy. But on a $5 item? Yeah, I agree, they fugged up.

They obviously messed up orders. They should have at least offered you the shipping label then shipped you the right item when received or when tracking showed movement back to them.

You have to understand, this isn't amazon where you can get free stuff by claiming you didn't receive it, even though tracking shows it was delivered. Most retail sites, especially vape, don't operate like Amazon, and it's actually a good thing.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Yeah, but vapecrawler doesn't ensure you'll get good customer service or not get screwed. It's just a price comparison engine. The merchants listed there are not vetted in any way. Most of the merchants listed there have affiliate programs, which is how VC makes money. You click the link, it gets tracked, you buy, VC get's a small commission.

She could have found it cheaper, but that doesn't mean she would have had a pain-free transaction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JCinFLA

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2015
    It's not just companies though, who have to deal with scamming buyers. I don't have a business, but used to sell brand new items on eBay for 6 years. I closed my store and quit selling at all on there in 2010, because of them! I know several others who have done the same. Any seller, whether an individual or a business...can't afford to refund buyers...and then 1) never receive the item(s) back, or 2) receive other items instead of what was supposed to be returned, or 3) receive the refunded items back, but damaged. It doesn't take many times getting "scammed" like that, before changes have to be made. And yep, unfortunately, even the honest buyers have to deal with those changes then. Just my :2c: though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. JCinFLA

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2015
    The label they wanted you to print out was likely a prepaid one, that you'd put on the package, and the USPS would scan it when you mailed it. That way they'd know right away that it was on the way back...and they could send your correct item sooner, than you waiting to receive a label they'd mail to you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice ThenOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Inter-Between
    I had an experience a few years ago with one of the popular battery vendors sending me an order that was meant for another customer. They said my battery order was shipped to someone else.

The vendor wanted me to pay the shipping cost back to them. I went back and forth with them and they still insisted I pay. Fat chance. So I ended up with a decent Nitecore charger I didn't order and more 18650's than I purchased.

They should have paid for shipping back to them as it was their mistake.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Whoa, way different website than years before. Welcome to e-commerce. Nice Lazer printers are $50 and cartridges last forever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ceejay0875

Ceejay0875 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2016
    Or you could go to a library and print the label for 15 cents...

• Like Like x 1
  16. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Good for you. I had that happen at Taco Bell... ordered $6 of stuff at the drive-through... they handed me this huge bag so I smiled, said thank you and drove off before they figured it out. The car behind me was probably very upset.

• Like Like x 1
  17. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Sure nuf. I've saved a bundle and zero headaches using a laser setup myself. I just use the library for occasional color printing. Haven't done color in ages.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    What the hell did I do this time, I'm Karen! :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Hi Karen , :wub:

How's Bad?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    He's doing great, now that we are back in God's country ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.