Status
Not open for further replies.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I was looking for the pod for the new mesh coils for my lost vape Orion last week because my local shops only have the coils so far. I ordered from a place called Perfect Vape. My package arrived on Saturday and I opened it to find a strawberry banana flavored disposable device that was meant to go to New York, judging by the invoice inside. I contacted them and instead of "We're so sorry, we'll get your order out to you immediately. Can we send you a label to ship the other product back?" They wanted me to print out a label and wait for USPS to scan it before they would send me my actual order. Now, I would understand if it was something worth more than what I spent with them, but this thing lists for $4.72 on their site, which means it cost them like $2. It's going to cost them more to ship it back than it's worth. I explained that I don't have access to a printer until Thursday and I shouldn't be punished for something that wasn't my screw up. She was adamant. I then asked for a refund then. No refund until you ship it back. I finally decided this company wasn't worth any more of my time and said refund everything but the stupid $4.72 right now. She did do that. Maybe I'm being a Karen, but this seems like a stupid way to lose a customer over $5.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    karen-judge-meme.jpg

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @daisyd - This really surprises me, because I've placed at least 1/2 dozen orders with them in the past, and another one just earlier today. I've always received what I've ordered, in a timely manner, and at great prices.

They even contacted me by phone about a month ago...about an order I'd placed just the night before. Someone else had completed Check Out while I was also placing my order, and 1 of 3 kits in a color I'd wanted...had sold to that customer. They called me to apologize and ask if I'd like to substitute another color kit or get a refund for it. I chose another color and my package shipped that afternoon.

Maybe they've been "ripped off" by a customer, or more than 1 in the past, who's said they'd ship an item back, but never did. I know another company didn't refund my money for items I received that weren't as described....until I'd shipped them back and sent the company the Tracking # from the package, as proof of my mailing it. IDK...but seems to me like vendors may have been dealing with some scamming customers lately, so they're more cautious now.

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    No small company (and even larger) is going to take your word that you'll ship something back to them. They usually require the item back first. It's a reasonable policy. But on a $5 item? Yeah, I agree, they fugged up.

They obviously messed up orders. They should have at least offered you the shipping label then shipped you the right item when received or when tracking showed movement back to them.

You have to understand, this isn't amazon where you can get free stuff by claiming you didn't receive it, even though tracking shows it was delivered. Most retail sites, especially vape, don't operate like Amazon, and it's actually a good thing.

• Optimistic

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Search for vape stuff using this:
    Vapecrawler

Yeah, but vapecrawler doesn't ensure you'll get good customer service or not get screwed. It's just a price comparison engine. The merchants listed there are not vetted in any way. Most of the merchants listed there have affiliate programs, which is how VC makes money. You click the link, it gets tracked, you buy, VC get's a small commission.

She could have found it cheaper, but that doesn't mean she would have had a pain-free transaction.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    JCinFLA, that's a good point. You don't think about the BS companies have to deal with from "scammers". Too bad the rest of us pay the price for what others have done.

It's not just companies though, who have to deal with scamming buyers. I don't have a business, but used to sell brand new items on eBay for 6 years. I closed my store and quit selling at all on there in 2010, because of them! I know several others who have done the same. Any seller, whether an individual or a business...can't afford to refund buyers...and then 1) never receive the item(s) back, or 2) receive other items instead of what was supposed to be returned, or 3) receive the refunded items back, but damaged. It doesn't take many times getting "scammed" like that, before changes have to be made. And yep, unfortunately, even the honest buyers have to deal with those changes then. Just my :2c: though.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I contacted them and instead of "We're so sorry, we'll get your order out to you immediately. Can we send you a label to ship the other product back?" They wanted me to print out a label and wait for USPS to scan it before they would send me my actual order.

The label they wanted you to print out was likely a prepaid one, that you'd put on the package, and the USPS would scan it when you mailed it. That way they'd know right away that it was on the way back...and they could send your correct item sooner, than you waiting to receive a label they'd mail to you.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I had an experience a few years ago with one of the popular battery vendors sending me an order that was meant for another customer. They said my battery order was shipped to someone else.

The vendor wanted me to pay the shipping cost back to them. I went back and forth with them and they still insisted I pay. Fat chance. So I ended up with a decent Nitecore charger I didn't order and more 18650's than I purchased.

They should have paid for shipping back to them as it was their mistake.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    The vendor wanted me to pay the shipping cost back to them. I went back and forth with them and they still insisted I pay. Fat chance. So I ended up with a decent Nitecore charger I didn't order and more 18650's than I purchased.
    Good for you. I had that happen at Taco Bell... ordered $6 of stuff at the drive-through... they handed me this huge bag so I smiled, said thank you and drove off before they figured it out. The car behind me was probably very upset.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread