Buying first Kayfun! Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Going to pull the trigger on a kayfun. This is my first rebuildable so I need some advice. Think I like the kayfun lite plus V2 clone by ehpro. Like the adjustable airflow and deeper fill hole with o-ring. Is this my best option? Thoughts and suggestions appreciated :)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Can't go wrong with the EH pro V2 version but i just saw that 101vape is offering a 3.1 kit on sale for $15.00, now this is new but 101 vape sells excellent clones and i highly doubt they would list crap .

I lucked out and got a great Kayfun clone with airflow and an o ring equipped bottom fill screw on FT but they have a lot of Kayfun clones and some are far better than others.

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Going to pull the trigger on a Kayfun. This is my first rebuildable so I need some advice. Think I like the Kayfun lite plus V2 clone by ehpro. Like the adjustable airflow and deeper fill hole with o-ring. Is this my best option? Thoughts and suggestions appreciated :)

I have that exact Kayfun. Bought it from 101vape for $40. Don't know how you could do any better. I have had zero issues that I haven't caused.....:facepalm:

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have 3 of the Kayfun Lites plus by Ehpro...I got them here...Atomizers : Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Dual Airflow Clone by EHPro

Now the first 2 I got only had one air hole...The third one I ordered was the one on the link...I didn't notice it was dual air. I like a tighter draw so I just tighten one of the screws all the way down.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
I have a EHpro V2 KFL, a Tobeco KFL and a Russian 91%. They all work and are pretty much the same. That being said the Russian is my top choice of any and all KFL style atomizers. The R91 doesn't suffer the same inherent problems the others do. You don't here much complaining from owners of the R91(except those with the floating center pin). They (UCT) outdid the other when designing the adjustable air flow. Why none of the other manufacturers of KFL style RTAs aren't copying the R91 mystifies me, it is far superior. They do cost a little more but the expense is well worth it. The good news is that the prices are coming down (and can be had for around $90.00)from $115.00 original price. I just ordered my second R91 a Black edition to match my Zen Sidewinder. VAPE MAIL COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
Highly recommend the Kayfun v3.1 ES HCigar.
I have not tried an EHpro but from my understanding the build quality is about the same
I would not recommend the Kayfun Lite.
There are a lot of reports of leaking issues with them.
I have yet to have either of the 2 Kayfun 3.1's leak on me yet.

Keep in mind that you will most likely have to cut you NIC mg in half or more.
The Kayfun is a very efficient delivery system.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
I have 3 of the Kayfun Lites plus by Ehpro...I got them here...Atomizers : Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Dual Airflow Clone by EHPro

Now the first 2 I got only had one air hole...The third one I ordered was the one on the link...I didn't notice it was dual air. I like a tighter draw so I just tighten one of the screws all the way down.

I'm kinda mad I saw this thread, Last night I broke down and bought 2 different types of Kayfuns for like $45(one is a 30mm diameter..didn't think about how that's gonna look on my Vamo) and now I come here and find your post and that's the one I've been told to buy a few times plus it's only $30 and long story short, now I have 3 kayfuns on the way to my apartment, and might have to not eat for a few days:vapor:

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Tobeco black edition is a hot move for a lite+.

Highly recommend the Kayfun v3.1 ES HCigar.
I have not tried an EHpro but from my understanding the build quality is about the same
I would not recommend the Kayfun Lite.
There are a lot of reports of leaking issues with them.
I have yet to have either of the 2 Kayfun 3.1's leak on me yet.

Keep in mind that you will most likely have to cut you NIC mg in half or more.
The Kayfun is a very efficient delivery system.

No more leaky than a 3.1 if set up correctly. The overflow tank on the fullsize is useless and the fill port is just as bad, so you are left with top filling which is its own PITA. 3.1 has a wider range of airflow, that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread