The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Buying first Kayfun! Which one?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by Nautilusfan, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nautilusfan

Nautilusfan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Going to pull the trigger on a Kayfun. This is my first rebuildable so I need some advice. Think I like the Kayfun lite plus V2 clone by ehpro. Like the adjustable airflow and deeper fill hole with o-ring. Is this my best option? Thoughts and suggestions appreciated :)

2. Despraci

Despraci Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2014
    Palmyra, PA
    Ehpro or Hcigar KFL+ V2. I am sure either of those will make you happy once you learn how to build it.

3. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Senior Member

May 19, 2014
    Michigan
    I have an EhPro Clone and am very happy with it.

Thats all I got… Just the one.. So thats all I can comment on.

4. fropit

fropit Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    United States
    I have a 3.1 and a kfl ehpro And love em both I like the 3.1 a tad more cuz it has post holes and the lite doesn't, hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Can't go wrong with the EH pro V2 version but i just saw that 101vape is offering a 3.1 kit on sale for $15.00, now this is new but 101 vape sells excellent clones and i highly doubt they would list crap .

I lucked out and got a great Kayfun clone with airflow and an o ring equipped bottom fill screw on FT but they have a lot of Kayfun clones and some are far better than others.

6. joesquid

joesquid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    Chesapeake, Va
    I have that exact Kayfun. Bought it from 101vape for $40. Don't know how you could do any better. I have had zero issues that I haven't caused.....:facepalm:

7. Rodeorat

Rodeorat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2013
    Guthrie, OK

Hmmm....I dont really need another RBA....but....I mean....at $16.....I kinda HAVE to, dont I? Thanks alot HERB!

8. popwarhomie

popwarhomie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Jacksonville FL
    HOLY CRAP! Just ordered that kayfun clone and an IGO W from 101vape. $28 shipped! :D

9. motabrownie

motabrownie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2014
    Lawrence, KS
    +1 for the Ehpro KFL+. They also make a shorter nano version now. About $30 on ebay.

10. cocacola31173

cocacola31173 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2012
    United States
    I have 3 of the Kayfun Lites plus by Ehpro...I got them here...Atomizers : Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Dual Airflow Clone by EHPro

Now the first 2 I got only had one air hole...The third one I ordered was the one on the link...I didn't notice it was dual air. I like a tighter draw so I just tighten one of the screws all the way down.

11. Miata GT

Miata GT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL
    +100 for the KFL+ EHPRO. I have 5 of the v1's and none have had an issue. Strangely I recently bought 2 of the v2's and don't like them as well, except for the better driptip. More dry hits than I ever had in the v1's.

12. realsis

realsis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    California
    I got the h cigar kayfun and it came with a all metal tank a plastic tank that you can fit to the metal to make half plastic and half metal and a all plastic tank. It came in a wonderful carry case that zips. It also gave two different drip tips. Super nice! I'd go hcigar. They have such nice stuff.

13. JimzDogz

JimzDogz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a EHpro V2 KFL, a Tobeco KFL and a Russian 91%. They all work and are pretty much the same. That being said the Russian is my top choice of any and all KFL style atomizers. The R91 doesn't suffer the same inherent problems the others do. You don't here much complaining from owners of the R91(except those with the floating center pin). They (UCT) outdid the other when designing the adjustable air flow. Why none of the other manufacturers of KFL style RTAs aren't copying the R91 mystifies me, it is far superior. They do cost a little more but the expense is well worth it. The good news is that the prices are coming down (and can be had for around $90.00)from $115.00 original price. I just ordered my second R91 a Black edition to match my Zen Sidewinder. VAPE MAIL COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. The Ministry

The Ministry
    Verified Member ECF Veteran

Moved to Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

15. Bimini Twist

Bimini Twist Twisted Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2012
    Redneck Riviera
    Can't go wrong with Kayfun Lite plus - InTaste

Price is reduced if you log in with an account showing a U.S.A. address (no VAT).

16. Tepid

Tepid Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2010
    Somewhere
    Highly recommend the Kayfun v3.1 ES HCigar.
    I have not tried an EHpro but from my understanding the build quality is about the same
    I would not recommend the Kayfun Lite.
    There are a lot of reports of leaking issues with them.
    I have yet to have either of the 2 Kayfun 3.1's leak on me yet.

Keep in mind that you will most likely have to cut you NIC mg in half or more.
    The Kayfun is a very efficient delivery system.

17. tjmmotox

tjmmotox Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Lincoln, NE
    I'm kinda mad I saw this thread, Last night I broke down and bought 2 different types of Kayfuns for like $45(one is a 30mm diameter..didn't think about how that's gonna look on my Vamo) and now I come here and find your post and that's the one I've been told to buy a few times plus it's only $30 and long story short, now I have 3 kayfuns on the way to my apartment, and might have to not eat for a few days:vapor:

18. MrPlink

MrPlink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Tobeco black edition is a hot move for a lite+.

No more leaky than a 3.1 if set up correctly. The overflow tank on the fullsize is useless and the fill port is just as bad, so you are left with top filling which is its own PITA. 3.1 has a wider range of airflow, that is it.

19. Tepid

Tepid Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2010
    Somewhere
    I have yet to have any issues with Top Filling the Kayfun 3.1.
    However, I will state, you want to have an almost empty tank,
    but still not an issue or a single leak.
    And I leave them on their sides all the time.

It's by far the best RBA, or tank system I have purchased so far.
    Right now, nothing beats it.

20. wrath186

wrath186 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    +1 for the KFL+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.