Buying first Kayfun! Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
Going to pull the trigger on a kayfun. This is my first rebuildable so I need some advice. Think I like the Kayfun lite plus V2 clone by ehpro. Like the adjustable airflow and deeper fill hole with o-ring. Is this my best option? Thoughts and suggestions appreciated :)

I've purchased the kayfun lite plus v2 from FastTech (~ $31) if comes with the ss tank and see thru tank with nano setup. Mine doesn't leak at all from the fill hole. I have several Kayfuns (3.1, and lite) and this is my favorite.

dykast

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
United States
I have a bunch of Kayfun clones(tobecco,EHpro,Hcigar) and I think the best ones I have used have been from the guy who started making the "black" edition. Now I don't "know" if he actually created (drew up the specs) but they are the best ones I have used. I just got a black color V3 from his website and is amazing. He used to sell them on ebay but now has his own website. Black Edition Kayfun V3 - Custom Mod Creation I also have a v2 which is great.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Buy a fogger v4, it will kill any kf.... Promise!

Dont know if its because mine is the large deck version or what, but the fogger is my least favorite. Prefer the Aqua, the Taifun, and the KFL over it. Draw is too airy, drip tip feels funny, wicking is finicky (tiny juice channels). The AFC ring is either feast or famine, either too airy or too restricted. Dont get me wrong, I use mine daily and like it, but it doesn't blow away the other 3 IMHO.
I'm sure the latest version is a substantial upgrade.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Then your not building it right check out the fogger v4 threads. I'll help you out of you want. The first one with the copper pin n the smaller deck is the best but I have the 4.3 with the bigger deck, not the big fogger for 22650 mods, that one sucks , as well and it puts my r91 and everything else to shame.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Just received my 3.1 from 101vape today...2 days to my door. Kudos to 101vape AGAIN!
The build quality appears to be great, however, can't vape it for a while. It comes pre-coiled/pre-wicked and whoever put this together had a gorilla grip. I can't unscrew the sections to save my life. Hoping I dont have to take vice grips to this shiney beauty.

rdwg

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2012
usa
Just received my 3.1 from 101vape today...2 days to my door. Kudos to 101vape AGAIN!
The build quality appears to be great, however, can't vape it for a while. It comes pre-coiled/pre-wicked and whoever put this together had a gorilla grip. I can't unscrew the sections to save my life. Hoping I dont have to take vice grips to this shiney beauty.

I had that problem too I just used a pair of pliers with a rag so I didn't scratch it

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I destroyed my fingers earlier trying to get the Kayfun base off of my tree of life top cap. I tried literally everything, including grips, pliers, freezing, even throwing it at the ground after I got angry and frustrated. It eventually came off but damn! That was soo annoying. I want another Kayfun too.. wish they made them with post holes, that's the most difficult part for me with the build.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
After finally getting my 3.1 sections apart, with rubber gloves, was able to get a good micro coil/rayon build in it, and I must say.... It's a dang fine vape. Top fill and not a drop of leakage anywhere. At this point, all things considered, it's better than the KFL+.
Was a steal at $18 shipped.

For u Tbev, recoiled my fogger to . 7ohms and rayon, and it's a great vape too. Better? Yes, maybe. I guess the sweet spot with the fogger is under 1ohm. Just wasn't impressed over 1ohm. At. 7ohms,its great, although warm. Of course any build seems great with the Virus in it ;)

Last edited:

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
So quick question for those who have their kayfuns already, I've been making micro coils in my protank/mini/evods for a while now. If I just keep making the same type of micro coil on the kayfun will the vape/overall experience be that much better? Also I'll be using it on my vamo

You'd likely find you need a larger diameter coil than you would in evods/PTs, to allow for better wicking. Anywhere from 1.5 to 2mm should work great. Other than that, yes, a MC is a great fit in the Kayfun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread