Buying Juice / cartridges in retail stores an option vs. shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwtpglobal

Apr 23, 2013
United States
Hi All -
am in the process of wading thru all of the various brands, claims, prices etc - and am getting more confused by the minute. When purchasing the cartridges, are you able to do this in many stores or are you primarily needing to order in advance online?
am looking at Blu & eGo...Blu seems more convienent since they are in most corner markets, but eGo seems to get better ratings but you have to buy cartridges in advance and have them shipped? or are they interchangable?
Lost....:facepalm:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I would get an eGo Twist and a tank. I believe you will be much more satisfied than with a Blu.

Hi All -
am in the process of wading thru all of the various brands, claims, prices etc - and am getting more confused by the minute. When purchasing the cartridges, are you able to do this in many stores or are you primarily needing to order in advance online?
am looking at Blu & eGo...Blu seems more convienent since they are in most corner markets, but eGo seems to get better ratings but you have to buy cartridges in advance and have them shipped? or are they interchangable?
Lost....:facepalm:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi and welcome to ECF. A Blu setup is not the best and is a lower quality vape. If ordering their products it will get VERY expensive. eGo class/ style of PVs are a far better vape and costs much less. Online ordering is preferred because it's less expensive and, more importantly, the quality of the juice is superior.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
thanks :) also looking at the Joye 510...still uncertain about where to but the juice or cartridges? With your ego, do you buy all in advance online or are they at stores? (or am I just missing how this whole thing works all together??? :blink:

eGo is not a brand but a class/ style of PV. Easiest way is to buy a Starter Kit online. Does the size matter and how much do you smoke per day?

Edit: Joye 510 is anywhere from 220- 340 mah...Battery Info- 100 mah= 1 hour normal vaping before recharge required.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
These are all merely suggestions. It's a place to start, but there are other options. I personally like the cartomizer tank over a clearomizer. I know it's all confusing, and I was too when I first started. A glass tank such as an IBtanked is better IMO.

Places to buy eGo Twists: Amazon.com: ego twist
eGo Twist

There are many juice suppliers. Roar Vapor: Home page Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, USA made E Juice, and Accessories ECBlend E-Liquids - Something Better , and several others.

thanks :) also looking at the Joye 510...still uncertain about where to but the juice or cartridges? With your ego, do you buy all in advance online or are they at stores? (or am I just missing how this whole thing works all together??? :blink:

Tanks: eGo Twist Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Last edited:

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I would recommend 12 and 18 mg nicotine strength to start off. If you get everything That I linked in my above post I don't know how you could fail. The hard part will be finding a favorite liquid with so many to choose from. You will buy the smallest bottles you can get of as many flavors you want to try as you can afford at 1st. Then when you find ones you like you will order a larger bottle. This prevents getting stuck with large quantities of ones you don't like.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I think you will get a "poor experience" with any of the cigalikes. Vaping is a learning curve, but too overwhelming. Don't worry if you don't put down the cigarettes on day one. Many vapers tapered off from smoking.

You may spend more than you want to start, but you can still spend less than you do on cigarettes. If you are spending $6 a day on cigarettes, that's $2,190 a year. I've probably spent in the neighborhood of $400 in six months. Now that I've learned a little bit about vaping, my spending has tapered off a little.

Edit: If you smoke a pack a day, you are smoking about a half a mile of cancer sticks in a year!

thanks Dana - I smoke Marlboro silver 72's...roughly a pack a day. There are so many options with all of these kits; concerned I don't get the best "fit" and am back to smoking because of a poor experience?

Last edited:

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Check this out. tasteyourjuice.com has some very good info for people just starting out. P Busardo (the guy who runs tasteyourjuice.com) is very well respected by most of us and explains things well so new vapers can understand. It's all a little overwhelming at 1st. We have all been new at 1 time or another so don't ever be afraid to ask questions. We all want to help.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
We all vape differently so some use more than others. I used to smoke 2+ PAD of Marlboro liqht 100s and I vape 3 mls of liquid a day. Here is a list of very popular liquid vendors to look into. All e liquids are not created equal so it will take some ordering and trying to find ones that suit your taste.
Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids
Ms T's Bakery Essentials
http://www.avejuice.com/ Bobas Bounty is very popular as is gorilla juice.
Backwoods Brew Malty and malty toffee are very popular here.
E-juice - All individual Bottles Here the house blend is really good.

These are a few of the most popular ones around. There are more but these will give you somewhere to start. Below is a post to my favorite liquid in the whole wide world LOL That doesn't mean you will like it though.

MaddCatt RyW4

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I forgot to ask you. Do you like the throat hit from cigs? If you do you will want at least 50% PG in your liquids. When ordering liquids you will sometimes have options to pick the PG/VG ratio. PG carries flavor better and gives more throat hit but less vaper. VG doesn't carry flavor as well but gives tons of vaper and less throat hit. When I started I was at 80% PG to get more throat hit but over time I have settled at 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some people get a sore throat and tongue from too much PG. I know this is a lot to take in but soon it will all be 2nd nature. I promise.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas

merrick92

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
CT,USA
If your like me, sometimes its easier if you get to look and touch this stuff to see what you like before buying. May I suggest that you see if there is a brick and mortar(b&m) store near you? You could at least go in and look around,possibly fiddle with a few setups. Maybe even try out a juice or 2 if the store does that kind if thing. You don't have to buy anything from them if you don't want to,but this may at least give you an idea on some of the equipment out there. Also others in the store may be willing to offer some help/suggestions as well. There is only one close to where I live,and I have been in there a few times,and have bought a bottle of juice or 2. They're not a cheap as online, but the convenience of having them near me is a plus.
<edit> B&M is different than a gas station, imho blu is not that good. Finding a vape shop,one that caters to vaping, is a good one to try. There aren't alot of em, but if let us know what state your in,someone here could offer up a suggestion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread