Buying, Selling, Trading and Pifing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I personally wish there were more newcomers to the classies who like could buy some things that probably most older members would not maybe want, and I SUCK at Ebay. I mean.... I was lucky enough to fly under the wire, but some of this stuff is expensive and rare and I can't PIF ALL of it, especially when it comes to shipping and whatnot. So, from the other side, it can also seem unfair.

With that said, I understand with every season there is a reason and if the classifieds became open god help us, IDK what the ecig police would do, either, ESPECIALLY if there is a ban.

Oliver may be MIA, not posting WHATEVER I sort of imagine he may want to keep his business separate from this site currently while still having ECF be open but he struck me (with our limited interactions) to be a rather savvy business person who wants ECF to remain vibrant and not like, shut down so WHO knows but we don't and if it's a SMART decision we are probably NOT gong to know right now.

He's in England. Not the US. The US is actually a potential threat, I would think.

Anna
Yeah you've made really good points on that. I can see an overzealous government potentially going after a forum because someone selling something on it that's on their no no list... literally the thought police

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Now I may be wrong here since there was a big wave of new rules pop up all over the place recently, but I have not seen a single rule banning the sale of vape equipment on the secondary market. I've only seen rules for retail settings. And if that is the case, then places that have classifieds for vape equipment are going to be some of the best places to shop for that kind of stuff.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Caveat Emptor!!!!!!!

For me, there isn't nearly as much of a risk since I only buy mech squonks. There is very little to render one useless. But with regulated, you definitely are taking a risk. Pics can't capture the state of a regulated like they can with a mech. But this has always been the risk of buying anything used. You pay less, but assume more of the risk.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
9r11b5zusp811.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: MikeADore

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I understand that but it still leaves the fact that old timers here have privileges that newer members are shut away from accessing. Either open the classifieds to everyone or close them. Otherwise unmeaning or not the management is creating a division between members :(
    Ps. I do not blame you Classy but as you're the only one who replied I directed my comments to you. That was probably unfair and I apologize.

So because you can't access the classifieds, no one should then? I can tell you, the ones who can access the classifieds would like it resolved as much as the ones who can't, we would like it more active, and I do think this forum is missing out not having a active classifieds, but to say just close them because new people can't get in solves what?

Doffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    Australia
    So because you can't access the classifieds, no one should then? I can tell you, the ones who can access the classifieds would like it resolved as much as the ones who can't, we would like it more active, and I do think this forum is missing out not having a active classifieds, but to say just close them because new people can't get in solves what?
    End fights like this? I think that was the gist?

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    It doesn't matter.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    It does mater, really, like I said new blood is like CHUM. I CRAVE your presence @Anise . It does suck, it's not fair, and it does MATTER.

I just don't see a fixable solution unless we ALL want to band together for our own classifieds page, separate from ECF which even if I knew how I am NOT doing. Nope.

But I think you are correct it's unfair but que serra etc.
    Anna

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    @Anise

Don't give up just yet. Lots of doom and gloom (I'm guilty of this.), but hope is not dead. It may seem that it is dead right now, but the future could turn out very different from what we've envisioned.

Fight the good fight, and keep fighting, whatever your available resources.

Last edited:

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    What can I say. This is j0ker's last post, dated May 28, 2018. Almost a year and half ago. Since then, I've heard all kinds of explanations and excuses from the admin but no solutions. Yes, we've had some instances of ripoffs and lots of drama, especially with a couple of co-ops, but that's to be expected, unfortunately. However, the verification system used to work quite well and I can't understand what happened. Why has j0ker lost his access to the Control Panel? And why can't we find someone else to run the classies? It can't be that hard.

Anyway, my only solution is to appeal to the powers that be and ask again. This is a hard time for vapers in the US and may get even worse when the deeming regs hit in May. Why oh why can we restore/create a new classified system that will work for people who really need it--now and in the future. I know that I have a ton of hardware I no longer use and I would be willing to part with for a fraction of the price I paid for it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Anyway, our only hope is to again appeal to the Admin and beg for help: @low_tar_neil , @Oliver , @classwife , @sonicdsl , @Misty , @retired1 , @Unforeseen ...
    Hi there, sorry, I just saw this. I'm not entirely sure what happened with it but I will see if I can find out, I know that somebody previously reported us to Paypal for some activity on it and they froze our account - I think that might have had something to do with it.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Hi there, sorry, I just saw this. I'm not entirely sure what happened with it but I will see if I can find out, I know that somebody previously reported us to Paypal for some activity on it and they froze our account - I think that might have had something to do with it.
    must have been all those dollar transactions! :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread