:thumb::thumb:

teamwork.jpg

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
With the ITrader ratings, feedback threads would be redundant.
there is another xenforo that the feedback plugin only allows one feedback per thread, so additional threads are created for people selling multiple items

so, you might get that question a lot. Or maybe have lots of cleaning up redundant threads coming

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
there is another xenforo that the feedback plugin only allows one feedback per thread, so additional threads are created for people selling multiple items

so, you might get that question a lot. Or maybe have lots of cleaning up redundant threads coming

I know it can be a bit of a PITA, but one ad per thread gets around that. I usually prefer to do that anyway, because I get confused easily.

Yes, I can even confuse myself. :blush:

Kelt.

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    With the ITrader ratings, feedback threads would be redundant.
    I'm late to the party, as usual. Still working my way through this thread. Glad I found it, as I went to check the old BST, and... nothing. Super glad it's up in a new location, thanks to those who had a hand in that.
    I'm glad the old BST was there. I've purchased a lot of my collection from oldtimers there. A lot of it I've never seen anywhere else, especially from modders who were active here on ECF. I would hate to see that go away, and the classies end up a sad carousel of 2nd hand chinesium.
    Anyhooo... What are ITrader ratings? how are they calculated? Will the old-style user feedback still work?

I'm an active buyer/collector and I spread my purchases over several locations.: FB (under some pretty serious moderation now), VU.. I'm sporadic there, Watchuseek (watches) Reddit (vaping, everyday carry, watches). All have some form of feedback, and in every case it's not hard to protect yourself by utilizing it...

Anyway, just a bit of disjointed rambling. Carry on.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    HEY - "We" NEED to talk . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

We do? Then let's tawk, Uncs!

(Are you breaking up with us?) ;)

Methinks he's thinking that whatever we pull out of the For Sale box might be a higher class of device than what might likely come out.

We'll probably do one just to "feed the monster" (so to speak). In these days of price compression, it will be something we don't mind letting go for a song and tip of the cap. ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Back on topic, I'm of the mindset that, in this day and age, open is the best option for me (regarding the classies).

SO many options out there to buy and sell, I don't see the value in restricting what's available here. I'd much rather buy from an ECF member than an arbitrary eBay seller, or from someone on LetItGo (etc).

I'd hope and expect that we'd all use some discretion, whether we're buying or selling, and anyone trying to rip people off probably wouldn't last very long as a member. We can be an "unruly" bunch when provoked, and sometimes not even just (when provoked). ;)

Personally, I love what they've done with the new classies, particularly combining everything into one thread, with colored labels for identification. From a UX perspective alone, I think it's a tremendous improvement. Coupled with the new "open" nature, I couldn't be more pleased.

I fully understand that my opinion is about as valuable as the horse I rode in on*, but I just want to express my personal appreciation for the efforts.

To the ever-patient @classwife , for constantly putting up with us, and to @low_tar_neil, for carrying the messages, and of course to @Oliver , for basically everything. Any other mods who contributed too, obviously.

Thank you very, very much. :)

* I don't even own a horse :blink:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I was one of the few who paypal'ed $1 to get verified just before Joker couldn't access that part of the forum. I could care less about $1 - but I am glad that I can now view the classified :D

Well, it's just plain wrong to charge someone for a service or a good and then not deliver--I wonder how many people have been charged a buck and what exactly happened to that money... o_O

For the record, I was verified a long time ago and I don't remember paying for it, I think that process involved eBay or something.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I may have missed it but can clones now be sold? I sure hope so as long as they are listed as such.

I'm with you. Not everyone can afford a $100+ tank. There are plenty of great clones on the market and if they are clearly listed as such they should be allowed. Just my :2c:

That said, all the old rules written by J0ker need to be revised to avoid confusion; most still involve verification. And his iTrade tutorial from 2012 iTrader Feedback Tutorial needs work. :lol:

And now, if you excuse me, I have to go to see a man about a horse. ;)

BBL

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    • Love
    Reactions: Katya

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    Once upon a time in big ECF...Those were the glory days. Group buys, list, modders, sellers and buyers of highend qear, you name it ecf had it. But with that said then came the problems. Fraud, theft, legal issues and so on...Then china started making better gear and upped the quality of the clones. Who could compete with chinas mass production? They also offer free shiping. Who wants to pay for shipping on items that only cost a few bucks? I tried selling some highend mods that would've sold in secounds on the classifieds back then, and they stood there for months... I think is a waist of time..
    Now we are going to have a surge of people coming back from faceboom once the laws get stricter.. It would be nice to have some of the highend modders come back and take care of us and make some of those mods for the new members to get a taste of how things started, instead of having them scramble through all the fakebook bs. You know, get that feeling of a thight community again...Then I think the classifies will florish again, thats just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread