Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Fascinating! (and just a bit ominous...)

Now, I'm no scientist (tho I did once play a dancing lab technician in a comic opera), but given that my e-liquid contains up to 24mg/ml of nicotine, the amount of nicotine found in chocolate (mean of 0.000645 mg/kg, note all those zeros and that's per kilogram) I fail to see anyone but an ANTZ really caring about this. Won't be at all surprised, however, to see some ANTZ issuing cautions about allowing chiiiiiildren to consume chocolate and damaging their developing brains w/ all that nicotine... :facepalm:

It might only be a little bit of nicotine, but I'll bet you could prove that chocolate is a gateway to smoking with the right Cali University scientists.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
It might only be a little bit of nicotine, but I'll bet you could prove that chocolate is a gateway to smoking with the right Cali University scientists.

I suppose "BEWARE! Chocolate is gateway to smoking!" makes a sexier headline than "BEWARE! Eggplant is gateway to smoking!" Yeah, they'll probably go after chocolate first... :laugh:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Help!!! I'm addicted to oxygen!! It's a flammable, corrosive gas that eats metal and I can't get enough of the stuff. I hope they don't tax it.

Yup, same here :)
Now we must be really really quiet about that oxygen addiction .. ssshhhhh.... or we might just give somebody ideas *looks around furtively*. Can't you just imagine oxygen being doled out in small, closed containers for a lot of money, sold by an industry called "Big Oxygen" and with full approval of their buddies at the FDA? You see, this oxygen that we consume now has not been FDA-approved.

*screams" It is not regulated! Think of the chiiiildren! :D

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I'm addicted to caffeine AND nicotine and I really wish these people would mind their own business. Ugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See, that just proves it. You had chocolate before you had either caffeine or nicotine and it turned you into a dual addict. If you eliminate tax or tax it exorbitantly we will avoid creating a child's lifetime addiction, Also, eliminate internet purchases of the $50 candy bars with the yummy flavors like, well, chocolate which are marketed to attract children. They've also been used to entice c hildren to child abuse ("you want some candy little girl?"). :ohmy: :glare:

I don't know if anyone saw the latest on distracted parenting, but smartphones are causing a disconnect between parents and their children. I don't understand why, can't they text each other during dinner? I wonder if this will lead to indoor bans and excise taxes that will make them less attractive to everyone?

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Fascinating! (and just a bit ominous...)

Now, I'm no scientist (tho I did once play a dancing lab technician in a comic opera), but given that my e-liquid contains up to 24mg/ml of nicotine, the amount of nicotine found in chocolate (mean of 0.000645 mg/kg, note all those zeros and that's per kilogram) I fail to see anyone but an ANTZ really caring about this. Won't be at all surprised, however, to see some ANTZ issuing cautions about allowing chiiiiiildren to consume chocolate and damaging their developing brains w/ all that nicotine... :facepalm:

Yup. To convert 0.000645 mg/kg to mg/ml (note: a ml is approximately one gram, whereas a kilogram is 1,000 grams), you would need to add three zeros after the decimal point, for a total of 6 zeros before you get to the "645". That's pretty teensy, wouldn't you say?

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
The point is that there are plenty of things we're addicted to. The term "addiction" has such negative connotations that we assume it's always a bad thing and something we have to overcome. Often it's only a problem is you're deprived.

Will you kindly not bother me with facts while I am up in arms about the oh-so-horrible danger of chiiiildren inhaling unregulated oxygen? :D

@rothenbj:

Bwaahaaahaa! :lol:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Yup. To convert 0.000645 mg/kg to mg/ml (note: a ml is approximately one gram, whereas a kilogram is 1,000 grams), you would need to add three zeros after the decimal point, for a total of 6 zeros before you get to the "645". That's pretty teensy, wouldn't you say?

But.... But.... There's *nicotine* in that piece of chocolate you just gave to your child! There could be up to 500 molecules* of nicotine in that piece of chocolate!!! Five Hundred!* Don't you realize that your child is headed to a lifelong addiction to nicotine!

*Following the ANTZ Scientific Reporting 101 course at the University of Thin Air, I made that number up.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
But.... But.... There's *nicotine* in that piece of chocolate you just gave to your child! There could be up to 500 molecules* of nicotine in that piece of chocolate!!! Five Hundred!* Don't you realize that your child is headed to a lifelong addiction to nicotine!

*Following the ANTZ Scientific Reporting 101 course at the University of Thin Air, I made that number up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kweb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
Chicagoland
Here's another one... http:// www. mercurynews.com/bay-area-living/ci_25311646/ e-cigarettes-fresh-air-or-smoke-and-mirrors

I am so tired of the "for the kids" argument. Where are all of the articles on Cake flavored vodka??? Oh- I forgot. Alcohol isn't dangerous unless there's something wrong with the person using it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
oh gosh.. all this parroting of the "save the children" nonsense - makes me feel like I'm in a bird cage...

Can they at least repeat "Polly wanna cracker" if they absolutely have to parrot something. Now, that would make a nice change!

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread