Calculator that supports drops per ml for every ingredient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuggetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Chicago
I've been using Scubabatdan's spreadsheet (v13) which is the latest version I could find and it's awesome because it allows you to set the drops per mil per ingredient like flavor, nic, vg, etc. I was looking at some online calculators which compute VG/PG ratios but only have a global setting for drops which to me is useless because VG/PG differ. Does a calculator/spreadsheet exist that allows you to set drops per ml of every ingredient like Scubabatdan's spreadsheet and still have the ability to calculate vg/pg ratios?

Here's the online calculator I was looking at:
e-Liquid Calculator

It allows you to add flavors but it doesn't allow you to define drops per ml. Some flavors I use are 39 drops per ml and others near 47, etc.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
As a side note Im working with an italian developer testing and giving some suggestions on his ejuice calc for android. If youd like when it is released Ill post a link. Im not sure what the forum rules are on that kind of thing. I have no affiliation to it other than offering him suggestions and wanting a better android based calculator for myself.

nuggetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Chicago
Make sure your calculator has those 2 features since it's looking like an all in one calculator doesn't exist. There are plenty of calculators that do the basics and a few android apps that work just fine so if I were creating a calculator program I'd make sure that it allows the user to define drops per ml of EVERY ingredient instead of the same lame global definition.

Sent from my phone.... Some words may have been mangled by text prediction.

Last edited:

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Well as I said its not mine, just giving some feedback on its development. I agree setting drops per ml for each ingredient is nice however I think most calcs only allow one setting for drops/ml because most people will use the same style/size of dropper for each ingredient. (I have no idea if viscosity effects the drop size regardless of the dropper size but I guess it may... at least by a fraction or two) I personally use syringes, they are far more accurate and easy to use if you have different sizes of syringes and blunt needles.

Ill pass it along tho. Its a good suggestion. Ive tried every android calc I could find. Had issues with all of em, including this one but the developer wanted ideas so Im giving them as I can.

nuggetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Chicago
Let us know if your buddy implements both of these features. By the way, there's a big difference in drops. Some of the alcohol flavors I use are almost 50 drops per ml while VG and VG with nic are much lower so it matters alot.

This message was composed on a smart phone. Text prediction may have mangled one or more wirds.

Last edited:

MITS

Apr 15, 2012
Australia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread