Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Sign in at sourcemore and the Aegis Solo is only $26.40 and takes a single 18650.

Not for everyone. sourcemore has 2 different levels of customers - General and Bronze. In order to get Bronze level status, you have to make one successful purchase (meaning, the purchase is shipped and delivered to you). Then you get bronze status and get the better prices on some products. So for those of us who refuse to play that game, we see $44.00 for the Aegis solo even after we log in.

I went back and forth with them in an email about how they lose customers this way, they will not budge, that is their policy.

Here's their first email response to me when I asked them why I see higher prices than other people...

Dear,

Because you are our general customer.

Customer who ordered from us and received their package successfully will become our bronze customer.

There is a big discount for our bronze customers.

Best Regards,
    Lemon

So if you want the better pricing on the solo, you have to first buy something else that's cheap (like maybe something on clearance), wait for it to be shipped, then delivered, then you will get bronze status so you can buy the solo for $26.40 (if that price is still even valid by that time lololololol).

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Hmm, yes, I use an Aegis Solo every day. Good bit of kit, but a pig to get in and out of pockets, and not very feminine. Not that it needs to be too girly - looking @Katdarling - but less chunky and sleeker would be good.

I had a gander at the little itty bitty thread, got even more confuzzled. I would like a replaceable battery (18650), but they a big heavy so and so's and that makes the mods heavy too. I have an IStick TC40W, which is a nice size for her, but the newer versions are a bit pricey for what I want.
    She'd really like that Target Mini. Won't last forever, but in the meantime, it'd be purse & pocket friendly...smallest, most ergonomic mod I own. Next to the Nugget X & SBody macro here.
    upload_2020-3-27_15-57-5.png

Pink or powder blue ought to fill the bill.
    upload_2020-3-27_15-59-39.png

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Not for everyone. Sourcemore has 2 different levels of customers - General and Bronze. In order to get Bronze level status, you have to make one successful purchase (meaning, the purchase is shipped and delivered to you). Then you get bronze status and get the better prices on some products. So for those of us who refuse to play that game, we see $44.00 for the Aegis solo even after we log in.

I went back and forth with them in an email about how they lose customers this way, they will not budge, that is their policy.

Here's their first email response to me when I asked them why I see higher prices than other people...

Dear,

Because you are our general customer.

Customer who ordered from us and received their package successfully will become our bronze customer.

There is a big discount for our bronze customers.

Best Regards,
    Lemon

So if you want the better pricing on the solo, you have to first buy something else that's cheap (like maybe something on clearance), wait for it to be shipped, then delivered, then you will get bronze status so you can buy the solo for $26.40 (if that price is still even valid by that time lololololol).
    I did not know that about them, Iv'e been buying stuff from them for some time now and always sign in first so I thought that's what you needed to do for the lower price.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I did not know that about them, Iv'e been buying stuff from them for some time now and always sign in first so I thought that's what you needed to do for the lower price.

Yup, a lot of bronze customers don't realize it, they see the price and think that's what everyone sees.

I found out about a month ago when another ECFer mentioned it, and I couldn't figure out why I was seeing $44 when he and others was seeing $26.40.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Hmm, yes, I use an Aegis Solo every day. Good bit of kit, but a pig to get in and out of pockets, and not very feminine. Not that it needs to be too girly - looking @Katdarling - but less chunky and sleeker would be good.

I had a gander at the little itty bitty thread, got even more confuzzled. I would like a replaceable battery (18650), but they a big heavy so and so's and that makes the mods heavy too. I have an IStick TC40W, which is a nice size for her, but the newer versions are a bit pricey for what I want.

Oh dear North One, I cannot speak for the Aegis, as I have not one. Femme, girly, non-chunked and sleek, eh? (braining it for ya).......

There are prolly many, but off the top of the ol' cap, I'm going to say that I VERY much love the CBs. CB60 and/or CB80. Darling lil' thangs and they just hit so well.

Perhaps for you? Let us knoweth~

0621192058.jpg
    0318191830.jpg
    1231182215.jpg
    dazzling cb80 frame edit.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

I had a gander at the little itty bitty thread, got even more confuzzled. I would like a replaceable battery (18650)

The following mods may suit you and are still easy to get...

Eleaf Pico original 75W (pretty small, 22mm attys only)
    Eleaf Pico 25 85W
    Eleafe Pico 21700 (takes 18650 or 21700)
    Vaporesso Swag 1 (tiny as hell, 22mm attys only)
    Vaporesso Swag 2
    Vaporesso Armour Pro (takes 18650 or 21700)
    EHPro cold steel (takes 18650 or 21700)

Northnet

Jan 23, 2020
    Durham, UK
    LOL, I knew the Kat would come up with something, although I didn't know she spoketh Shakespearian! :eek: I genuinely like the multi-tone brushed bronze one, very suave. Will be looking into them.

As for UncleJunkle's handy list, I have been looking at Picos, and Swags, but not yet seen an Armour Pro so will have to search for that one. I like Eleaf stuff, good quality and the TC40Ws are still available, but I'm going off the idea of built-in batteries. I have a Cold Steel in a basket somewhere (I've slept since then :/ ) because I like the notion of an EHPro 'set' (the same site also had a True tank in stock), if they can't match up their own kit there is a problem. I was a little concerned over how stable they are, easily knocked over if stood on end?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have a Cold Steel in a basket somewhere (I've slept since then :/ ) because I like the notion of an EHPro 'set' (the same site also had a True tank in stock), if they can't match up their own kit there is a problem. I was a little concerned over how stable they are, easily knocked over if stood on end?

That's a downside with the cold steel 100. It's more like a tube mode than a box mod. But it is slightly more stable than an 18650 tube mod since it takes 21700 batts (it's 27.75mm at it's base). But still, not nearly as stable as a boxy shaped mod. I lay my Cold Steel 100s on their side most of the time. But I love them to death!!!

As for UncleJunkle's handy list, I have been looking at Picos, and Swags, but not yet seen an Armour Pro so will have to search for that one.

If stability is a major factor for you, you may find the armour pro is also not as stable with a tank on top, so that may not be a good option for you. It's about the size/shape of the Wismenc mod in the last pic in Kat's post. Actually, I think it's a little bit more slim (which is crazy since it's a 21700 mod lol).

If stability is a major factor and you want the ability to use a 21700 batt (highly recommended), the Pico 21700 is a good mod. It takes 18650 batts with supplied adapter. Here's how it compares to the Pico 75W...

pE41WjP.jpg

pZ1hMUw.jpg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Right then guys 'n gals! My wife has decided to get back into vaping again and I want to get her set up with a better mod and tank. The Istick basic is alright to start with but very limiting with the juice options. She gave up vaping because it makes her cough with every draw. I now know to mix her some high VG juice to help with that, and I plan to get her an Ehpro True (probably) because they are so smooth, assuming I can still source one.

What I need is a dinky mod to go along with it. Only MTL, so massive watts isn't necessary (I run at 10W or less!), but variable watts is good, maybe an 18600 battery? OH, and cheap 'coz she may not get on with it. I'm UK based remember, and I imagine getting stuff out of China is tricky right now.

@Katdarling yes you can have some fun here! ;)

I'd go for the Innokin kroma-r if you find it at a good price. Takes 18650 and awesome handfeel. Or else the Eleaf istick rim c is another 18650 cute mod

Northnet

Jan 23, 2020
    Durham, UK
    The Innokin Kroma -R is also a great option

Sold! I have one on order (£40 over here from a site that also has the True in stock), and with due deference to the brushed bronze effect first proposed by @Katdarling, I chose the bronze version and changed my selected Ehpro True from silver to the black version. I still like the Cold Steel, but listened to @UncleJunkle and @stols001 advice on that one.

Thanks to all you guys for your suggestions, all carefully considered, and especially the nice big piccy from @bigbob2322 which I'm sure will have got quite a few peeps drooling :thumbs:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Good choices, except I thought Innoken sold the Kroma and the Zenith like, glued together. LOL, I am kidding. Have fun with the recent acquisitions.

Do follow the wicking suggestions in the thread. Then, it will leak. Then, wick it the exact same way, and it will not leak again.

This is just how it goes.... Warning you in advance.

Anna

• Love
    Reactions: bigbob2322

Northnet

Jan 23, 2020
    Durham, UK
    Good choices, except I thought Innoken sold the Kroma and the Zenith like, glued together. LOL, I am kidding. Have fun with the recent acquisitions.

Do follow the wicking suggestions in the thread. Then, it will leak. Then, wick it the exact same way, and it will not leak again.
    This is just how it goes.... Warning you in advance.
    Anna

Thanks, Anna. I already have a True which has never leaked once! Either I am a brilliant wicker, or just lucky. Used daily and re-wicked well over a dozen times by now. And I leave the air ring open when filling! My Siren 2 leaks like a sieve, from around the airflow ring somewhere underneath, mostly not through the air holes though unless I allow the wick to get too close to the air hole plinth. I think the little nipple on the True stops all that nonsense.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    LOL, I knew the Kat would come up with something, although I didn't know she spoketh Shakespearian! :eek: I genuinely like the multi-tone brushed bronze one, very suave. Will be looking into them.

As for UncleJunkle's handy list, I have been looking at Picos, and Swags, but not yet seen an Armour Pro so will have to search for that one. I like Eleaf stuff, good quality and the TC40Ws are still available, but I'm going off the idea of built-in batteries. I have a Cold Steel in a basket somewhere (I've slept since then :/ ) because I like the notion of an EHPro 'set' (the same site also had a True tank in stock), if they can't match up their own kit there is a problem. I was a little concerned over how stable they are, easily knocked over if stood on end?

Dude/mate/chap Northnet,,,

She does not speaketh Skakespearian! More like Katspearian.. :rolleyes:

I'm pleased to hear you found what works for you, and I do concur that bronzed is a loverly choice in colo(u)rs!

I do also like using the Armour Pro, but occasionally I get distressed with the (lack of) throw of the button. We are vapers. (is what it is) All in all, yes, a preferred mod.

0303202000.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread