Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
vaping on my innokin Kroma-R this morning. It's surprisingly well built with a beautiful finish and has earned a position in my daily rotation, along with the Pico 25.

Absolutely extraordinary mod. The build quality at its price point is unparalleled (IMO), and yes, the finish is downright amazing.

Kroma-ByKA_20200502_100048.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Absolutely extraordinary mod. The build quality at its price point is unparalleled (IMO), and yes, the finish is downright amazing.

I agree. The Kroma-R is well built. I think it has a little higher frequency on the voltage synthesizer, too. It seems to be smoother without so much crackling.

This morning I'm vaping my Pico 21700. It's a little fat, but kind of nice in the hand. The wider base makes it more stable when you set it down on a table. I couldn't count the number of times that one of my small Picos went THWACK! as it fell over on a table. I guess the Stainless Steel Kayfun V2 has a lot to do with that happening, though. The Pico 21700 is still a good fit in a pants pocket and has enough margin to take wider mods without hangover.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I agree. The Kroma-R is well built. I think it has a little higher frequency on the voltage synthesizer, too. It seems to be smoother without so much crackling.

This morning I'm vaping my Pico 21700. It's a little fat, but kind of nice in the hand. The wider base makes it more stable when you set it down on a table. I couldn't count the number of times that one of my small Picos went THWACK! as it fell over on a table. I guess the Stainless Steel Kayfun V2 has a lot to do with that happening, though. The Pico 21700 is still a good fit in a pants pocket and has enough margin to take wider mods without hangover.

I carry the SWAG v1s a lot, and they make the Picos look rock-solid stable. They're not Weebles, but they're close! :lol:

$30 for the Kroma-R is tough to beat. Worth a LOT more (imo).

Innokin Kroma R Zlide Mod $29.99 | Kit $35.99 - Vaping Cheap Deals

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    • Love
    Reactions: FranC

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Nice tray, DP! Most of the stuff I'm not using at the moment lives in shoe boxes in the closet.

Thanks Dave! :)

That's actually my "in use" stuff. I shuttle from thing to thing, just for the variety.

My other stuff resides elsewhere, but most is still in reach (same room). :w00t:

Vapers be crazy. ;) :blush:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I carry the SWAG v1s a lot, and they make the Picos look rock-solid stable. They're not Weebles, but they're close! :lol:

$30 for the Kroma-R is tough to beat. Worth a LOT more (imo).

Innokin Kroma R Zlide Mod $29.99 | Kit $35.99 - Vaping Cheap Deals

Agree on the Kroma-R. It's a solid mod that looks good and works really well. Mine is bronze and black.

I've thought about looking for rubber covers for some of my daily mods, just to cushion the fall when I knock them over occasionally. But that just makes it harder to change the battery. :)

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Agree on the Kroma-R. It's a solid mod that looks good and works really well.

I've thought about looking for rubber covers for some of my daily mods, just to cushion the fall when I knock them over ocassionally. But that just makes it harder to change the battery. :)

I have silicon covers for the Picos, and they really come in handy with no impact on the battery (obviously), and I use VaporSkinz on my JACs and OG (raw) Billet Box. Leather for the Dani Minis (no other options available), and that's about it.

All others are NEKKID. :w00t: :ohmy: ;)

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I have rubbers on both of my iSticks (which ironically are both box mods..), to keep the skin oil demon at bay. I didn't want my Pico to end up looking like the TC60W, which I should've gotten a cover for right away, instead of months later..
    Pico%20Shirtless.jpg
    20200503.jpg

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

View attachment 883225

That is most stunning mod innokin has ever made, I ordered the bronze one last night, wouldn't normally go for bronze, but just looks so good, I nearly ordered 2, as was only $38, but thought should try just one 1st :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    That is most stunning mod innokin has ever made, I ordered the bronze one last night, wouldn't normally go for bronze, but just looks so good, I nearly ordered 2, as was only $38, but thought should try just one 1st :)

The bronze is stunning to my eyes too. The pic I posted is an excellent representation of what the color actually looks like, and is more accurate than the stock images I've seen.

Congrats, Nailz, and I hope you like it as much as we do. Kat had opted for the Steel one initially, when I went for Bronze. We were both bowled over by the build quality, so...

JUST coincidentally (in concert with your timing), we ordered two more last night too. She's getting a bronze one, and I decided on black.

:toast:

I just realized, once again, that I guess I'm not quite "done stocking up yet". ;) :laugh:

virtual-high-five.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread