Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
See the fill holes where the teflon looks kinda crunched up? Is your's like this or is mine defective?

View attachment 791175

Mine looks about the same.
I don't get how it'd leak? Mine did first time, but I figured out it was because coming from the Doggy, I just didn't tighten the tank down enough. Since then, not a single drop.

A couple of weeks ago, I rebuilt, and wasn't really getting that great vape. Took a look at it before removing the coil, and noticed it was just too far above the air intake. Again, coming from doggy, it's deceiving, because the intake is so much lower than the screws, which I'd used to visually guage the height of the coil. Anyway, after rebuilding, and putting the bottom of the coil only about 1mm above the intake, it is absolutely incredible again.

You say you're using 1.96 ohm? Give it a try with (if you have it) 28ga SS, 2mm ID, 7 wraps, approx 0.58 ohm, and set it to a hair more than 1mm above the intake. This will make the top of coil slightly above top of screw heads. I vape it at 8.5W. I think you'll like it.
View attachment 791165 View attachment 791167 View attachment 791169 View attachment 791171 View attachment 791173

Your wick seems to sticking out of the channels more than mine was, so maybe that wasn't the problem for me.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
Yours does look a little deformed compared to mine. But mine doesn't look perfect.
Still odd to have the leak though. I accidentally left mine open after filling for over half an hour one time, and even took a couple of vapes on it, and it didn't even gurgle.
View attachment 791177

Can you fit a bottle tip in without fighting it?

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
Yours does look a little deformed compared to mine. But mine doesn't look perfect.
Still odd to have the leak though. I accidentally left mine open after filling for over half an hour one time, and even took a couple of vapes on it, and it didn't even gurgle.
View attachment 791177

Ohhh man, I have deformed air holes...(sad face)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Current build. The same as before but trimmed the wick so it won't stick out as far from the groove. Haven't filled it yet to try yet, but shortly.

104_0080.JPG

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Current build. The same as before but trimmed the wick so it won't stick out as far from the groove. Haven't filled it yet to try yet, but shortly.

View attachment 791241
It does look like you have less wick in the channels than me, and still shorter. You can see mine go below the bottom of the platform, all the way to the bottom of the deck. Not sure if that'd cause a leak - probably not. But your overall height is about same as mine, and you have a 2.5 ID coil vs. my 2.0. Could the bottom be too close, or even touching the air hole?

I do notice though - it looks like you used the screw on the left, and the clamp mechanism on the right? Right side is kind of raised. Again, wouldn't cause a leak, but it jumped out at me.
upload_2019-1-10_15-4-12.png

Reactions: Katdarling

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

View attachment 791241
Took another look at your pic, OPL. Looks like you do have an oring issue. It' either not seated right, or damaged. See red arrows. Looking at @bigbob2322 's, apparently some of them have oring issues. Now THAT will make it leak!
Sucks to have that happen out of the box. Guess I was lucky.
upload_2019-1-10_15-29-25.png

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
This oring thing is really disappointing. I haven't had any issues, and love my tank. But you would think after all the work that goes into designing, prototyping, refining, making, marketing, shipping etc. - the last thing you'd want is the whole thing to fail for a crappy oring that probably costs them less than a penny per dozen.

Why don't these companies buy top quality o-rings and ensure they're properly seated? This is really a great tank, and most people aren't going to go thru troubleshooting and replacing o-rings. The tank will just disappear and be known as a leaker for most people if this is common.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
This oring thing is really disappointing. I haven't had any issues, and love my tank. But you would think after all the work that goes into designing, prototyping, refining, making, marketing, shipping etc. - the last thing you'd want is the whole thing to fail for a crappy oring that probably costs them less than a penny per dozen.

Why don't these companies buy top quality o-rings and ensure they're properly seated? This is really a great tank, and most people aren't going to go thru troubleshooting and replacing o-rings. The tank will just disappear and be known as a leaker for most people if this is common.

Yep, well said. I really want to like the tank because it is a pretty solid looking one. the o-rings on mine were not broken but just didn't look right in the base which is why I took them out and decided to replace, haven't had a leak since, but they really need to have better quality control at their factory.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Ok, it's working, so far. I top filled it, closed the air while doing it. When I closed the fill port, I re-opened the air and it gurgled slightly for 3 hits, then was fine.
It does look like you have less wick in the channels than me, and still shorter. You can see mine go below the bottom of the platform, all the way to the bottom of the deck. Not sure if that'd cause a leak - probably not. But your overall height is about same as mine, and you have a 2.5 ID coil vs. my 2.0. Could the bottom be too close, or even touching the air hole?

I do notice though - it looks like you used the screw on the left, and the clamp mechanism on the right? Right side is kind of raised. Again, wouldn't cause a leak, but it jumped out at me.
View attachment 791259

I used the clamp on both.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
It's working good so far this time. I closed the air, opened the fill, then when filled I closed the fill, and opened the air. Just a slight gurgle on the first three hits, then was ok.
I really like the clamp method for holding the coil ends. I'll use it for awhile to see how it goes. Not sure it's worth it over the dogs tho. These won't be replacing the dogs, I know that. But I do like a little variety. :)

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Well I put a new o-ring on and installed the provided coil which ohmed out at 0.97 wicked with Rayon and filled with a syringe , don't even think about using dropper bottles. No leaks at all bone dry with tails barely touching the bottom. Flavor is very good maybe a bit better than my beloved dogs. I like the draw better on the True than the Dog and I'm surprised I like the drip tip as I thought it would be replaced after trying. Time will tell with this tank but even with the bad start I had with it I really like it after about 50 drags through it.

20190110_165027.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread