Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
I don't have the SJMY Dog I have the SXK and with both fully open the True and SXK Dog are about the same but the True is SO much smoother.

Oh no! SO much smoother might have pushed me over the edge. Guess I'll have to see what the leaky hype is about. :lol: FT the best bet for these?

Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Oh, why am I here again. :lol:

So talk to me about the draw. Is it tighter than the SJMY Doggy? I don't like tight MTL. :facepalm:
Yes, a little tighter, and a good bit smoother. But keep in mind - I don't like tight, either. I prefer the SJMY over the SXK because it's more open. And if I could have, I'd have probably opened up my SJMY a little more. So on that alone, I probably wouldn't have bought this.

BUT.....it's different. I never would have liked a vape this tight, if it wasn't that much better. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Does that help? (he asks, knowing it only makes it harder to decide!;) )

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Oh no! SO much smoother might have pushed me over the edge. Guess I'll have to see what the leaky hype is about. :lol: FT the best bet for these?
I'm not sure...I use FT a lot, but I've got to give a shout out for HeavenGifts - that's who I won it from, and probably wouldn't have found it without them. My best vape win to date, bar none!

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Oh, why am I here again. :lol:

So talk to me about the draw. Is it tighter than the SJMY Doggy? I don't like tight MTL. :facepalm:
    Katya remember I am using the supplied DT (DRIP TIP) not DP as I misspelled earlier in the thread and corrected lol. The supplied drip tip is very narrow compared to a regular DT. Here's a comparison photo.

20190130_020746.jpg

20190130_023946.jpg

You can see how narrow the inner tube of the DT is.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Katya remember I am using the supplied DT (DRIP TIP) not DP as I misspelled earlier in the thread and corrected lol. The supplied drip tip is very narrow compared to a regular DT. Here's a comparison photo.

You're so sweet, Bob! Thanks for the pictures! That's very helpful. My problem is True's very small (for me) airflow intake hole under the coil; it's only 1.5 mm diameter, which, on paper at least, is outside of my comfort zone. ;) I can do 1.8 mm, but prefer 2-2.4 mm diameter holes.

I just got the Zenith and I like it, but I'm far from being overwhelmed. It's just an OK tank; I frankly expected more from Phil. I like the draw--I can adjust it from very tight to quite airy, actually, which is a good thing.

Right now I'm looking at a few more loose MTL/restricted DL RTAs, especially the Fresia from DamnVape. Looks interesting and has an innovative AFC.

Fresia RTA

But I'm getting off topic here! Thank you all for your reviews and comments! You're the best! :wub:

icebat

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    I'm not sure...I use FT a lot, but I've got to give a shout out for HeavenGifts - that's who I won it from, and probably wouldn't have found it without them. My best vape win to date, bar none!

Well I ended up going with FT because of the price. Can't wait to try it out.

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    ive watched good reviews of the true mtl tank. though some of you have shared problems with it, seeing people here get this to work well made me get one for myself.

i inspected the tank in the shop before getting it. all silicone and orings appeared in good shape. made my first build.

20 minutes later, juice in airholes. rewick. and wow! the flavor really is that good on this tank. smooth draws across the board.

i have the berserker mini, kayfun prime, galaxies rta and rdta. this is my new favorite!

Attachments

• 20190201_103557.jpg
      20190201_103557.jpg
      3 MB · Views: 36
    Last edited:

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    btw, i think not fixing the cotton in its place well enough caused the leak. probably got some of it caught in the grooves. a little less cotton but fluffed up, and soaking the wick before setting it in did the trick for me. no gurgling, no dry hits even if i chain vape.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    So while I wait for my True, can anyone post some pictures of the best way to wick these? 2mm or 2.5mm coils work best? Any other tips to avoid leaking that haven't been mentioned?
    Here's mine from a few pages back. I found mine works best at about 1mm above the air intake port, and don't follow their recommendation for where to cut the wick. They say to cut it just at the bottom of the raised platform on the deck, leaving a gap to the bottom. I cut mine long enough to reach all the way to the bottom and tuck under. The pics are 28ga 316L, 2mm ID, 7 wraps. And I find it a lot easier to use the screws than the clamps.

I don't get how it'd leak? Mine did first time, but I figured out it was because coming from the Doggy, I just didn't tighten the tank down enough. Since then, not a single drop.

A couple of weeks ago, I rebuilt, and wasn't really getting that great vape. Took a look at it before removing the coil, and noticed it was just too far above the air intake. Again, coming from doggy, it's deceiving, because the intake is so much lower than the screws, which I'd used to visually guage the height of the coil. Anyway, after rebuilding, and putting the bottom of the coil only about 1mm above the intake, it is absolutely incredible again.

You say you're using 1.96 ohm? Give it a try with (if you have it) 28ga SS, 2mm ID, 7 wraps, approx 0.58 ohm, and set it to a hair more than 1mm above the intake. This will make the top of coil slightly above top of screw heads. I vape it at 8.5W. I think you'll like it.
    View attachment 791165 View attachment 791167 View attachment 791169 View attachment 791171 View attachment 791173

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    So while I wait for my True, can anyone post some pictures of the best way to wick these? 2mm or 2.5mm coils work best? Any other tips to avoid leaking that haven't been mentioned?

my tank is new and my build is at 2.5mm id. i did another build for someone who tried my true mtl, loved it, he had to get one for himself. 2.5mm as well, no leaks, dry hits or gurgling. i did have to trim the wick ends a bit to make it fit in the slots. i soaked the ends and noticed i had to trim some more. its working perfectly. hope you enjoy your true tank as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread