Calling all IGO-L users. LR Coil build for clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jharres

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2010
Palmer Lake
Im thinking of enlarging the airhole on my igo-l because the throat hit is too strong and not pleasant at all. I heard that a bigger airhole you lose some flavor and increased vapor production but doea it affect throat hit? Just want to be sure before I drill my igos

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

One thing that you can try before you drill it out is spacing the coils a little further apart. When the coils are close together they produce hotter vapor. As you spread them apart, you get cooler vapor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
Im thinking of enlarging the airhole on my igo-l because the throat hit is too strong and not pleasant at all. I heard that a bigger airhole you lose some flavor and increased vapor production but doea it affect throat hit? Just want to be sure before I drill my igos

"throat hit too strong and not pleasant at all" makes me ask: are you aligning the air hole with the coil?

If you decide to open up the airhole, do it in small increments. A *tiny* change in the air hole size makes a pretty big difference. I opened mine up with a #58 (I think) drill bit -- it's such a tiny bit bigger than the stock airhole, I drilled it by hand holding the bit with vicegrips. My airhole seems huge now. I actually wish I hadn't drilled it. So go slow.

jharres

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2010
Palmer Lake
I think I may have found the holy grail of vaping with an iGo-L (I'm sure I'm not the first, but wow!). This is a hybrid SS/Silica wick with a 28awg Kanthal coil, burned in with the pulse method. This thing is clean, with great flavor and hits like a freight train! After just a few test hits with it on my Legacy, I had to put it down because I was starting to get light headed. Almost reminds me of my first experience with an analog (camel unfiltered, yeah, yeah, we didn't know any better).

iGo-L.jpg

Last edited:

Euphonious Nonsense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Anaheim, CA
It just me but when I wrap the wick with 28 gauge 3 times give me 0.7ohms.. Anyone else getting the same amount?

I usually wrap my 28g kanthal with 2 wraps, most of the time they end up at about .21-.24 ohms. So yea that sounds about right.

20130408_101116_20.jpg

Last edited:

juicewah

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Bay Area
Wow, gonna try this once my china gg comes in. Looks great, thanks man :vapor:
rebuilt the igo-l with single wire of 26awg dual coil with dbl'd over cotton wicks came out to .3 ohms less than i expected but i was just experimenting, i should've done it with the 28 instead. but with the igo-l head room in there the vape wasn't too hot. here's some photos step by step, and a video of the vapor production.

sorry photos not in order

View attachment 193425 View attachment 193426 View attachment 193427 View attachment 193428

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
alright so i had given up on the AGA-T+ and decided to go ahead and buy the IGO-L ,,

i bought it.. i thought they had sent me the SS but na.. anyways..

i wrapped a coil using 28g wire and 2.5mm silica ... i made two of them and so i have my IGO-L running a dual coil.. thanks to beanpusher.

im using vg only in my juices but i cant seem to get big clouds ... its vaping great.. and im not complaining about the vape but

i want those giant clouds that beanpusher and others get on youtube.. can someone help?

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
the problem for me is not the airflow though.. i feel like the airflow is fine.. even pretty harsh at times.. well, most of the time its killing my throat.. when i use str8 VG juices then its not so bad i can handle it..

but man those PG juices are killing me with this thing.

What you describe IS an airflow issue... More air, reduces TH and increases VP

------------------
Sent using psychic mind control powers... and Tapatalk

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
I recently drilled out my airhole to 1/16 added another 1/16 hole and dual coiled it with ribbon wire........ Outright monster clouds! The only problem is now it produces more vapor than I can handle so it just sits in my vape holder lol.

i have a different outcome..

i drilled out the original hole to 1/16 and now its too airy.. even with a dual coil... if i drill out another hole i can only imagine that it would be wayyyy too much..

before it was not enough.. now i have a bigger hole and its too much.. lol i feel like i have to get another IGO-L now and see if theres anything in between a 1/16 and the original hole to see if i can get my spot..

i dont get huge clouds like people on youtube do.. and thats what im after.:p

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
i have a different outcome..

i drilled out the original hole to 1/16 and now its too airy.. even with a dual coil... if i drill out another hole i can only imagine that it would be wayyyy too much..

before it was not enough.. now i have a bigger hole and its too much.. lol i feel like i have to get another IGO-L now and see if theres anything in between a 1/16 and the original hole to see if i can get my spot..

i dont get huge clouds like people on youtube do.. and thats what im after.:p

I drilled out mine also and find it very airy. I'm used to a tight draw but want to see if I can get the big clouds also. Well I after making a 3 wrap 28 awg kanthal on a mechanical, I do get the huge clouds but it feels like vapor is getting shoved in my mouth. I'm not getting the same flavor I was getting with the stock air hole. Maybe I just have to get used to it. I had to put it down after taking 3-4 draws, my head was buzzing from all the nicotine.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
I drilled out mine also and find it very airy. I'm used to a tight draw but want to see if I can get the big clouds also. Well I after making a 3 wrap 28 awg kanthal on a mechanical, I do get the huge clouds but it feels like vapor is getting shoved in my mouth. I'm not getting the same flavor I was getting with the stock air hole. Maybe I just have to get used to it. I had to put it down after taking 3-4 draws, my head was buzzing from all the nicotine.

I hear you..

do you mean 3/4 wrap? cuz thats what i do.. i try to mimic those vapelyfe videos on your on building their coil and all that.. to see if i can get those clouds..

so yesterday i was messing with the position of the airhole and found a nice little spot.. i got good clouds of vape but not much flavor.. that has to do with my DIY though.. All VG mixtures should have just a little extra flavoring because of how this vg is.. so ill come up with another flavor and see whats up.. i love the IGO though.. great RBA. i like it a million times over the AGA-T+ i was messing with thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread