Calling all modders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's what's used for bullet proofing. I heated 1/8 inch thick plexiglass at 1000 degree a couple days ago, yes 1000 degree fahrenheit and it did not melt....was able to bend it pretty good, but 1000 is too hot and added tiny bubbles.

I normally do this in a vacuum at a pressure of 10 atmospheres, with heat supplied by a proton beam mounted on a robot arm, computer controlled via a satellite link

Last edited:

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
btw, is this how those 'ship in a bottle' things are made? Shrink a bottle arpund the ship?
Nope, it's quite fascinating to see someone build one. Special long stem tools and tweezers. I have seen ship in a bottle ones that are for people that have less patience to do that. I believe they split open or have a back opening. But the true ship in a bottle, amazing that anyone could find pleasure doing this.

Nope, it's quite fascinating to see someone build one. Special long stem tools and tweezers. I have seen ship in a bottle ones that are for people that have less patience to do that. I believe they split open or have a back opening. But the true ship in a bottle, amazing that anyone could find pleasure doing this.

yeah, a bit like building a mod case out of matchsticks - lol

ps: a vacuum is zero pressure of course - blew my charade there :(

pps: yes, glass is a very viscous liquid; the most brittle liquid I can think of.

Last edited:

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
btw is there an electrically conductive and strong putty, for making things like a 510 atty connector?
First of all, stop leaking out my ideas. lol

I'm experimenting with this right now. I'm using 18 gauge copper wire and bending it into a v or w shape. Then wrap it with putty. Problem is, getting the atty to stay. Although copper wiring is softer than the brass, I'm finding it hard to want to twist grooves into the wiring to make it hold.

I'll figure it out soon enough though. I'm also attempting to mold and cast connectors. This has been an idea I've had for a while and I know I can do this....problem is, I have to adjust the resin hardener. As small as the connector is, it has to be the right strength, or the casted threads will chip or the entire connector will shatter.

So still working out the formula.

ps. Yes, they make putty's that contain copper, aluminum, iron, etc....not sure about the rate of conductivity and resistance...but will pass some degree of voltage.

Last edited:
How about a Ferrari style casing/mod - special ceramics, titanium and carbon fibre ?

turbo-charged atty with 16 valve injector system, 'sport' mode (4.815volts) and dual exhaust

fibre-optic lighting system (no plain LED on this one)

and a low center of gravity so it won't roll off the table when you park it

and with a price to match, lol

would be a bit of a juice hog ;)

and even the air filter, er , i mean cart filler, costs $100 per inch. Fish tank filter mesh? Get outta here! This is made of moon rock!

Last edited:
That would be awesome! I think they make something like this already. It's the V8 ecig that's supposedly ultrasonic......but I have my doubts.

Oh, the mythical V8! Never heard of anyone having one. But then not many film stars and footballers on the forum i guess

I wonder if I mod one of my airbrushes with an atomizer and a battery, hook it up to my compressor.....what kid of vaping experience should I expect? Instant over dose? lol

Maybe a vacuum cleaner at a pinch. Darned noisy though.

At least we got back on topic - vacuum cleaners

or was it ???

milk bottles?

Last edited:
I think it was photon beams!

Photon beam?? This is not the Fiat Panda we're building!

Yeah, so lets dispense with the nichrome coil - so passe - and use a proton beam as the atty core. We'll call it the V9.

And power it with a domestic vacuum cleaner.

Close?

Last edited:

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
Yeah, so lets dispense with the nichrome coil - so passe - and use a proton beam as the atty core. We'll call it the V9.

And power it with a domestic vacuum cleaner.

Close?
LMAO! Have you seen those green laser mods? I wonder if this could be the answer to ultimate heat production.

Jokes asside. Do you know anything about the infared led's and what I would need if I wanted to use this as a switch?

LMAO! Have you seen those green laser mods? I wonder if this could be the answer to ultimate heat production.

Jokes asside. Do you know anything about the infared led's and what I would need if I wanted to use this as a switch?

No joking here, had a peek at the first post - AA boxes - hmm, just wait till the weekend when i disappear into the garage until sunday evening ...

I think lasers will have their day as heat source for VPs.

IR: normally used in pairs - transmitter and receiver (can do full comms like this - but I think you have in mind a break beam type of switch.

So I'm not the only mad guy around here!

Seriously, though, good idea :)

Like those air guitars on the shopping travel (I have heard, from a friend)

ps: or just a receiver that detects body heat ;)

Last edited:
Well, this is a must for the particular mod that I have in mind. It's more a novel idea, rather than the conventional. But if I can't make this work with some form of remote activation. My only resource is to use the crappy suction switches in the e-cigs.

remote activation for your novel idea? Like a ghostwriter?

I might be interested.

"It was a dark and stormy night. But dedmon was alone in his garage, a solitary light in a dark landscape of windswept rain. Not just the light from an old table lamp on the workbench, but the light of creativity too. And this night also a special light, an infra-red light, the twilight zone where light meets heat ..."

Something like that?

ps: I get a share of the movie rights, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread