Status
Not open for further replies.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
So I learned a lot at my first visit to a B&M today. I met several great folks there and some are following the e-cig battle, just as closely as we are. I was turned onto this piece done by ecigadvanced. Apparently, it was shot at vape Bash and includes some conversation about the AEMSA listening session with the FDA. I understand that there are many members of this forum, that have mixed feelings about AEMSA, or completely don't care for the idea, though from this piece, I learned a few things. Scott from Niquid was one of the interviewed. He made it seem like the FDA was only aware of stick batteries as ecigs. It sounded to me that the FDA had no idea how diverse a product line the e-cig industry had. Anyway here is the link: AEMSA Members on Meeting With FDA and more - YouTube . Mods I hope this is ok, as this is not a rubbish article that we all cringe over. I do wonder, if true the FDA wasn't totally aware of refillable e-liquid etc... could this be partly the delay of the April regulations??

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
So I learned a lot at my first visit to a B&M today. I met several great folks there and some are following the e-cig battle, just as closely as we are. I was turned onto this piece done by ecigadvanced. Apparently, it was shot at Vape Bash and includes some conversation about the AEMSA listening session with the FDA. I understand that there are many members of this forum, that have mixed feelings about AEMSA, or completely don't care for the idea, though from this piece, I learned a few things. Scott from Niquid was one of the interviewed. He made it seem like the FDA was only aware of stick batteries as ecigs. It sounded to me that the FDA had no idea how diverse a product line the e-cig industry had. Anyway here is the link: AEMSA Members on Meeting With FDA and more - YouTube . Mods I hope this is ok, as this is not a rubbish article that we all cringe over. I do wonder, if true the FDA wasn't totally aware of refillable e-liquid etc... could this be partly the delay of the April regulations??
I would assume the FDA is well aware there are various types
of PVs on the market and bottled e-liquids. However, when one mentions
e-cigs in a conversation...The "mainstream" stick battery with pre-filled carts
image comes to mind first and all the rest (to most) is the "hobby" interests.

Edit:
Anyone (including the FDA) who knows where to find Google
knows about various kinds of PVs and bottled e-liquids.
LINK
However, I suggest many just assume e-cigarettes look like regular cigarettes
simply from seeing them sold in stores or advertized on TV.

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Unfortunately, if you don't conduct that search within the Images collection, what you get is a ton of links that take you to product / vendor sites where the vast majority of products look a lot like a Winston or a Marlboro.

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy...61,d.dmQ&fp=28e57de9920d9841&biw=1224&bih=581
True ...
What is encouraging though is the truth about e-smoking and the various products
is spread by word of mouth. Not to speak of e-cig store fronts opening nearly every day
around the country. E-smokers favorite subjects to talk about with other e-smokers
and smokers ... is their favorite PV, Liquids, and where they shop.

By the way ...
I started vaping several years ago and found an Internet marketer with products
that I like ... so I'm one of those who doesn't experiment with alternatives other
than moving up to the eGo.

Up until recently...I never even walked into any of the e-cig stores in this area.
3 weeks ago I was out shopping and saw an e-cig store and walked in to check
it out...WOW ...The store was packed and I had to wait about 15 minutes
to be waited on...and there were 4 employees behind the counter !! Not really
all that bad because everyone in the store waiting was vaping up a storm
and sharing information with each other.

Really neat !!!
I could try out other PVs and try out different e-liquid flavors before buying them.
:)

Internet searches and Internet shopping will soon be only for those who are
serious hobbyists because there will be stores locally selling products ...
and NOT just the cig-a-likes. The store I walked into didn't even sell cig-a-likes.

If the FDA stays out of our way ...
Alternatives to the cig-a-likes will be (in time) common knowledge.
However, the "mainstream" e-smoking PV of choice for vaping in public
will still remain the cig-a-like.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
in the piece i linked, there was a good point made......if nobody from the small business side speaks up and communicates with the FDA, then we are going to get a bunch of regulations geared towards those of the larger corporations. That's when we start hearing about pre filled cartos etc...
Most mom & pop shops simply do not wish
to go high-profile with the FDA. Just not going to happen.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
....if nobody from the small business side speaks up and communicates with the FDA, then we are going to get a bunch of regulations geared towards those of the larger corporations. ...

I think we are going to get this No Matter what a Small Business Says it wants.

The FDA Isn't run on a Suggestion Basis.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I think we are going to get this No Matter what a Small Business Says it wants.

The FDA Isn't run on a Suggestion Basis.
You very well may be right, though you never know.....my point of the thread is who else is fighting for the small business and enthusiast side here. Obviously CASAA is fighting on many fronts, but does the FDA know the nuts and bolts of the industry? If nobody is there to explain it to them then we are guaranteed to loose to BT and large corporations.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You very well may be right, though you never know.....my point of the thread is who else is fighting for the small business and enthusiast side here. Obviously CASAA is fighting on many fronts, but does the FDA know the nuts and bolts of the industry? If nobody is there to explain it to them then we are guaranteed to loose to BT and large corporations.

I can't speak for the FDA.

But with as High a Profile as this Forum is, and with the Fact that there are people inside the FDA staff that use e-Cigarettes, I would say that the report writers know what is being used by the Average e-Cigarette user.

A Big Destination that must be Made is that Government Employees and Elected Officials Don't always say Exactly what they Know about Certain Topics.

I think all a person needs to do is Check Out the Headlines from the Last 3 Months or ask a Verizon Customer.

;)

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I can't speak for the FDA.

But with as High a Profile as this Forum is, and with the Fact that there are people inside the FDA staff that use e-Cigarettes, I would say that the report writers know what is being used by the Average e-Cigarette user.

A Big Destination that must be Made is that Government Employees and Elected Officials Don't always say Exactly what they Know about Certain Topics.

I think all a person needs to do is Check Out the Headlines from the Last 3 Months or ask a Verizon Customer.

;)
Point taken
EDIT: I would like to have some faith in our government, it can't all be bad can it??:confused:

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I wouldn't put any stock in the FDA considering common sense
when they roll out their deeming regulations. The only thing they
really care about is regulations that will hold up in court when
they are sued. They don't want to lose in court ... Again !!

Oh, by the way ...
You can bet your bottom dollar the FDA will oppose
free roaming bottled e-liquids.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Point taken
EDIT: I would like to have some faith in our government, it can't all be bad can it??:confused:

It Isn't all Bad.

And there are going to be Some Good things that come out of e-Cigarette and e-Liquid Regulations.

Unfortunately, the Downsides I think will far Outweigh the Benefits. Were just going to have to see Exactly what is going to be Done.

And I hate Waiting. For Anything let alone e-Liquid Regulations.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
It Isn't all Bad.

And there are going to be Some Good things that come out of e-Cigarette and e-Liquid Regulations.

Unfortunately, the Downsides I think will far Outweigh the Benefits. Were just going to have to see Exactly what is going to be Done.

I am with you on the waiting part!!! its driving me nuts!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
It Isn't all Bad.

There is a possibility the White House called the FDA suggesting
they hold off with regulations until things cool-off in Washington for a while.
:laugh:

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I can say this......The more people I talk to, vendors etc....its not all doom and gloom out there. Many aren't concerned one bit (my observation). I know the history with the FDA on this issue. But look at the "whole", Leadership has changed and we don't know why. No deeming regulations as of yet, missing several self imposed deadlines. The White House still hasn't responded to our petition. All of these delays, the pro e-cig voices are being heard. MAYBE, the climate in this battle is starting to turn some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread