Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I recieved the Ephro Kelpie and finally got around to building it last week.

All I can say is WOW and not in such a great way. Every commercial juice I try in it has overwhelming flavor. So much so that I can’t vape it lol!! I know commercial juices have lots of sugar and are over flavored but this is the same juice I’ve been using since I broke my hip. The juices all were tasty in the different RBAs I’ve been using. Until the Kelpie lol!! I’ve Never had this “problem” with any other atties inc RDAs.

I’m using a fused Clapton at about .45 ohms around 35 watts from Lightening Vapes.

I’ve started diluting the juice with some VG. I don’t really care about nic levels.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? I’ve never heard of anyone complaining about too much flavor before!! I’ll have to start mixing again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
i have 2 kelpies and can't say I've had this issue.
usually use a fused clapton or alien coming in at around 0.2 unless it's on a mech then it'll be lower. coil sitting a little beneath the top of the blocks.
rayon wicks or vapefly shoelace.
i only use DIY liquids.
don't suppose i have been of much help but i hope you find the flavour you're looking for.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA

All I can say is WOW and not in such a great way. Every commercial juice I try in it has overwhelming flavor. So much so that I can’t vape it lol!! I know commercial juices have lots of sugar and are over flavored but this is the same juice I’ve been using since I broke my hip. The juices all were tasty in the different RBAs I’ve been using. Until the Kelpie lol!! I’ve Never had this “problem” with any other atties inc RDAs.

I’m using a fused Clapton at about 4.5 ohms around 35 watts from Lightening Vapes.

I’ve started diluting the juice with some VG. I don’t really care about nic levels.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? I’ve never heard of anyone complaining about too much flavor before!! I’ll have to start mixing again soon.
Not a specific RTA or RDA but when I went from my all-in-one to an RTA I had that problem. Everything was way too sweet and way too sour and just way too strong and it was all juices that I was used to. For me it faded because it was something that was affecting all of it but for the first few days I had to dilute everything. And even that wasn't enough for the first day because even plain unflavored e-juice was too sweet LOL. I had to literally use a juice that had a bitterant in it to counteract that

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia

I’m using a fused Clapton at about 4.5 ohms around 35 watts from Lightening Vapes.

Sometimes attys with really short condensed chambers have that effect on me. I put it down to maybe subtle spitback/maybe just inhaling small amounts of un vaped juice

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I had the Same thing happen to me when I cut down a Wine RTA so it could use it with STM Glass.

The Flavor was almost Overwhelming with my regular DIY. Like Mid-Range RDA Flavor.

It was part of why I moved to Flavored Wicks and Unflavored in the tank. Because running Full Flavored e-Liquids in it was Borderline Too Much.

Reactions: Fidola13

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I vape at 0.2 ohm on an RTA and mix my own liquid. Commercial juice seems to be way over flavored and designed for devices that don't output much vapor. Can't vape the commercial juices as they are really pretty bad and overwhelming in the RTA I am using. I mix my own and use only around 3% to 6% Flavor with most of the mixes. This works out well and still provides a lot of flavor.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I’m using a fused Clapton at about 4.5 ohms around 35 watts
Is that a typo? over 4 ohms? How many wraps? (I see you fixed it)
I have a pre-made juice (mango peach) that is way too strong and sweet by itself in my RTA (was also too high nic... got it originally for MTL) so I just mixed it with a "cake" pre-made that is mild flavor and sweetness (and less nic) Still almost overwhelming but I only vape it when I'm craving super flavor. DIY is the solution (of course)

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Is that a typo? over 4 ohms? How many wraps?
I have a pre-made juice (mango peach) that is way too strong and sweet by itself in my RTA (was also too high nic... got it originally for MTL) so I just mixed it with a "cake" pre-made that is mild flavor and sweetness (and less nic) Still almost overwhelming but I only vape it when I'm craving super flavor. DIY is the solution (of course)

yes sorry. .45 ohms. Unfortunately I can’t edit it. Maybe @classwife can open it for me to edit.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I don't think you can have an overly flavourful RTA, but you can definitely have over-flavoured juices. I've found all commercial juices over-flavoured since I dropped from 24 mg/ml to 3 mg/ml. My solution is to either mix my own or, when I order them, to order double the nicotine I want and dilute the juice with PG/VG. It's a strategy with the additional benefit of nearly halving the cost of commercial juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread