Can I add pure PG to a commercial ejuice for increased TH??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been asked before, but I'm curious if anyone could offer thoughts on the effect of adding pure, unflavored PG to a commercial, non-DIY ejuice... I haven't taken the plunge into DIY, but I often find that even if I enjoy a flavor, if it's lacking throat hit, I simply cannot vape it! So I know nicotine often effects throat hit, but I never vape anything less than 24mg.. and I certainly feel that lowering PG levels equates to less throat hit... So would I be able to simply add a few drops of PG to my ejuice? Or would this significantly lower the flavor of my juice? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Also, I realize this may not be the correct spot to post this question but I figured DIYers would have the most relevant responses.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Can you? Yes you can. (I'm assuming you are physically capable of performing such a task.)

Anytime you add anything to a mix, you dilute the mix.

I doubt it will have the effect you are looking for, but it's worth trying if, for nothing else than, to prove me wrong.

Plus there are all kinds of uses for PG around the house if it doesn't work out.

I know about chasing the TH. Heck I couldn't switch to vaping until I got my juice to 48mg/ml...over 5 years ago when equipment sucked. Down to the 6-16 range now, but still need a good TH.

Derty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
SC
Hoosier is quite accurate, before I delved into diy I would use pg, VG and other flavors, playing mad mixologist. Some times it was utterly horrible, some times it was great. Occasionally I'd add pg to high VG blends to add th and sometimes I'd add VG to dilute flavors. Five pawns was way too flavored for me lol.

Sent from my LG Android Snail Box Optimus 1.5

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Throat hit is also dependent on how you inhale. If you just 'breathe' it in - or 'lung inhale' as it's called, you probably need a ton of thick vapor to feel much at all. If you fill your mouth first you'll notice a lot more TH.

PG is also great for cleaning ones tanks, imho. I find that tap water leaves a wet dog kind of flavor.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The best method is to buy the juice in a higher PG mixture. I've mixed juices many times to reach a certain nic level that wasn't offered. Adding a lot of PG or VG will reduce flavor as it increases or decreases throat hit.

If you can find a vendor with similar juices you like as well as offering pg-vg mix choices life will be easier and you will get the mix you want without the fuss.

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
Adding more base, either pg or vg, would dilute your already mixed juice. Would it be the results your looking for? Maybe. But before altering what you have, why not buy juice with a higher pg ratio with your next purchase and see how you like it. Maybe try a 70/30 pg/vg mix and see how you like it? I would suggest avoiding "7-11" bought juices as they seem to be more generic and not very specific on ratios and ingredients. Just my 2 pence...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Many vendors have the option for increased flavoring, so if they are custom mixers and you have a loyal relationship with them, you might ask them to "up" the PG for you ....... can't hurt to ask. :)

I've always had to "doctor" most of my juice that I purchase.....but I do it for different reasons than you do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread